• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Truth

Truth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 18:42

I'm having a really hard time moving around with the new WASD controls, making me either run into walls or just running in circles and zig-zags all the time.

ADD

- Option to Invert A and D movements with each other, so that they turn the other way than which they are currently.

- Option to turn it OFF (Should have put this in before releasing it).

#2 AtomikGod

AtomikGod

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2014 - 18:53

you can still use you're mouse to point and click like it was just don't use you're wasd if you can't get used to it :(

#3 dark5195

dark5195

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 19:01

The issue I am having are the camera angles I used to have my camera angles as my WASD and it was much more comfortable that way, Not a very big fan of the YGHJ. Or maybe an option to change the controls would help alot!

#4 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2014 - 19:06

Hey Truth,

Here's Mojawks reply:

We're sorry some of you guys don't like the improved controls. We'll work towards having the classic controls as an option hopefully we'll hotfix it this week.

As for haste and dodge gems this is something we can look at in the near future. 

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#5 BigglesVII

BigglesVII

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2014 - 19:19

Movement is not too bad, Im trying out a Xbox controller. The only issue I have is A and D rotating the camera instead of strafing/side stepping. I would prefer no rotation when moving.

axb0k3.png

huhbum: "The best way to offer constructive feedback is to shelve one's tears, put away the caps lock button, and provide a response in a mature, organized, and respectful manner."

#6 Eldvart

Eldvart

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 21:25

I'm having a really hard time moving around with the new WASD controls, making me either run into walls or just running in circles and zig-zags all the time.

Indeed, first attempts to use only WASD result in my character going like drunk, in zig-zag or rounds.  :)

A and D seem tied to moving camera, as mentioned, which is probably suboptimal. They should move the character right or left, without turning it, I think. The behavior of S, also turning the character backwards, is unexpected (but without effects): I expected it will go backwards, facing still front.

I think you have done a great job to integrate WASD though, with click-to-move, to work simultaneously! I'm starting to have a lot of fun, a lot of added flexibility and easiness, in moving my character around, with only W perhaps S and click-to-move, combined as I feel best for the moment.

As for the option to "disable WASD", the only problem I see is when people got used to the keys for another thing, as above; simply adding key bindings to allow customization would solve it.

Edited by Eldvart, 12 February 2014 - 21:25.

#7 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 21:46

I would really like to see the A and D keys changed from camera controls to move left/move right controls, like the traditional WASD in most WASD-based games.

Currently you can make some use of this if you are holding right-click to keep the camera steady, but it's a bit cumbersome still.

Edited by huhbum, 12 February 2014 - 21:47.

#8 Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:04

I would really like to see the A and D keys changed from camera controls to move left/move right controls, like the traditional WASD in most WASD-based games.

Currently you can make some use of this if you are holding right-click to keep the camera steady, but it's a bit cumbersome still.

A and D does rotate the camera in traditional MMORPGs.

#9 Gernuss

Gernuss

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:43

It does rotate the camera in other mmo's while Q and E strafe. You just don't notice it because you're not playing top-down view.

#10 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:33

For me everything seems good, took me 29 seconds to get used to it, good now

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#11 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:00

For me everything seems good, took me 29 seconds to get used to it, good now

Then you probably didnt make dungeons yet, as a prophet it is very annoying to be not able to change the camera angles like it was before. Healing is a pain with the new wasd movements ... dogma will cancel on movement - and when you rightclick to change camera angles you get thrown out of your target ...

@Topic - wasd movement shouldnt have been implemented as a must ... it should have been as a option - just my 50 cents ... but well hopefully they bump in a hotfix soon

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#12 Nature

Nature

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 16:03

Six letters man!

Q.W.E
A.S.D

Q and E for Turns
A and D for left or right

Think... Think hard! Everything you do has an opposite reaction.

#13 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 16:20

wouldnt change the fact why most people hate it ... 

19 Letters to make everyone happy:

Costumizable Hotkeys

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: