Photo

Encouraging Trade (remove buying gold with EP)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Talo

Talo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2014 - 13:00

Hi, I started a few days ago to start playing the eldevin, being hard and be interesting (classes, system exp level), however, I noticed that the game currency (gold) is sold by EP, ie, those who want to make money easy, you only need to buy EP and not worrying about getting more items and etc. Making it easier to lives of many who do not want to spend hours to get the money creating or dropping rare items. Besides that it devalues ​​the currency in the game between negotiations with players. 

I found this pitiful in eldevin, with the difficulty level you have. And I wanted to ask them to remove the purchase. Thank you

#2 Skywaker

Skywaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 13:14

Both gold and ep are in game currency there not going to remove one and keep the other. Its like the dollar bill and gold. Ones easier to get then the other but there both worth it in the end.

I love to help out people and if you need any raw mats just ask me or pm me in game US server mostly :)

#3 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 13:55

I agree. Purchasable gold in the shop just looks bad.

You would have to be silly to buy Gold from the shop too, when you can get a better rate from players. It will do nothing, except deter players such as the OP.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#4 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2014 - 00:28

We'll most likely be removing gold from the premium shop in the next update  :)

Look what I found.  :D

#5 Berlo

Berlo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:33

I think the disappointing thing is that regardless of whether in-game currencies such as gold can be purchased with premium currencies or not, people will find ways to spend their money to achieve this.

Gold farming/selling has been a huge market in the MMORPG industry for a very long time and it's a very difficult thing to combat. These companies have no issues setting up hundreds of bots to farm money and ruin the economy, so either Hunted Cow watches while 3rd party businesses make the coin, or they can make it part of the game and build their economy around it.

At the end of the day, there has to be an incentive or benefit to spend money on a game otherwise people won't do it. The game needs money to be further developed. I am glad Hunted Cow took advantage of this and make money instead of 3rd party farming companies profiting from bots.

#6 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 16:41

as ep is tradeable like others stated in the above.. it's almost same as bot farming.. only in legal fashion. 

and good they are removing the option for gold in the ep shop. :)

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#7 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2014 - 22:40

as ep is tradeable like others stated in the above.. it's almost same as bot farming.. only in legal fashion. 

and good they are removing the option for gold in the ep shop. :)

The quote I posted was from March 2013.  :D

#8 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:22

The quote I posted was from March 2013.  :D

didn't even noticed that lol.

yo hoof... next update? >.>

previously:

#9 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 August 2014 - 23:35

2014 now 2013 lol

time has past and player to player gold rate is 10 time that of  cash shop so best remove gold option there leve it to player's.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 13 August 2014 - 23:36.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#10 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:34

It's a convenience for people who don't want to trade with other players, people do buy gold despite what some people think. Perhaps once the auction house is in there will be a player facilitated easy trade of ep for gold, and the shop option will be unnecessary and unused.

Note the original posters point is that he thinks it devalues gold, surely that is devalued more by the players ep/gold rate. In fact the player rate is the one grounded in reality as they are putting a value on their time to aquire the gold. Therefore it's not devaluing, merely finding an average value over time.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#11 Berlo

Berlo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:40

Note the original posters point is that he thinks it devalues gold, surely that is devalued more by the players ep/gold rate. In fact the player rate is the one grounded in reality as they are putting a value on their time to aquire the gold. Therefore it's not devaluing, merely finding an average value over time.

You couldn't be more right. Considering a value isn't set in stone by the game for a conversion rate of EP to Gold, the value is merely what the players decide it is.

#12 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:05

Edited by xpwaste, 14 August 2014 - 10:05.

previously:

#13 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:04

It's a convenience for people who don't want to trade with other players, people do buy gold despite what some people think. Perhaps once the auction house is in there will be a player facilitated easy trade of ep for gold, and the shop option will be unnecessary and unused.

I think you are missing one big point though L3fty, no matter if it devalues gold or not... It looks REALLY bad for the game! and is not a good advert for it. One of the most viewed Eldevin videos on youtube is from one of those mmo review sites, from a person who reviews games for a living and even he mentions how "crazy" it is to have gold sold for real money in the shop. :(

It is your business model though, so I guess you guys know what's best. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: