• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 21:35

Hi All, Not trying to start a moaning thread, just a thread about the little things that irritate you in game. If anything.

For me, The mouse overs that always linger and cover the actions box, and the map messages that tell you you cannot walk more than 1 space or creature already killed, and fill the whole screen, really seem unnecessary.

I am not sure if this is game or helper (If its helper I apologise), but can we remove these? or does everyone else enjoy them? Find them useful?

Like I said, not complaining, just looking for a little housekeeping if possible. There are many requests for big changes, but I think there are many simple little things that could improve the experience.

Cheers,

Plex.

Also, the Titan kill cooldown seems just a fraction of a second out of the natural rythym of kill, wait, click. :D and i mean fractions of a second, not asking to reduce it by much...

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 January 2017 - 22:13

This is what annoys me. People that complain about trivial things.

I play on a mobile device. I don't have keyboard controls, popups are nonexistent (when I need to open a global chest, I have somebody describe the correct potion so I don't click on something I don't want). I have to use the old map to hunt. I always lag to a certain extent. No, these aren't complaints, they are facts.

All these endless threads that are about lag (do we really need more than one?), lack of updates, hate of the latest update (thought we never got any), "we get too few events", "we get too many events" on and on ad nauseum. None of you are ever happy..... Where does it end, hmm?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 23:18

No disrespect Penny but what is trivial to one may not be trivial to another. Personally I agree completely with the original post as the lingering mouse over has annoyed me for years.

Another annoyance is the fact that when you "mouse over" you character in map it does not show you what stats you currently have meaning you have to leave map and go to profile page to check.

And constructive criticism can only do one thing.............. improve the game.

On a side note, those that think they have a right to sit in the outside lane of the motorway ambling along at 70mph, now those folk really annoy me.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 19 January 2017 - 23:19.

#4 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2017 - 23:30

No disrespect Penny but what is trivial to one may not be trivial to another. Personally I agree completely with the original post as the lingering mouse over has annoyed me for years.

Another annoyance is the fact that when you "mouse over" you character in map it does not show you what stats you currently have meaning you have to leave map and go to profile page to check.

And constructive criticism can only do one thing.............. improve the game.

On a side note, those that think they have a right to sit in the outside lane of the motorway ambling along at 70mph, now those folk really annoy me.

Cheers.

wil72

Mouse-over your name on the top bar and you'll get your stats. This works on all pages.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#5 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 23:49

Mouse-over your name on the top bar and you'll get your stats. This works on all pages.

I just knew I should have checked that this info wasn't made available from another convenient source...hehe.

Am I annoyed I didn't? Yes.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 19 January 2017 - 23:58.

#6 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2017 - 23:53

For what it's worth I'm in 100% agreement over the sticking mouse-overs. They have annoyed me for years and occasionally actually block the action list, which you then have to move...

Of course, it's not nearly as annoying as the unfinished quest that has been sat in my quest log (present darkness) as the only quest in the game I haven't done. Of course I try not to let these things bug me as much as they used to, I have come to terms with the fact that these things will likely never be fixed, completed, improved etc.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#7 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:13

33o03ls.jpg

1. Stacking Messages

Pretty annoying because you cannot click on the map location where the overlay messages appear and there is quite a delay before all of them fade out. Why do the messages have to stack and fill the whole map screen? There should be a separate window for these messages.

2. Map Movement and Map Panning

Another little thing that is annoying is the usage of the left mouse button both for map movement (by clicking) and map-panning (by holding down the button and moving your mouse). This is irritating during titan hunting because there are instances where instead of moving to the clicked location, the map is panned instead. It would be better to designate the right mouse button for map-panning.

3. Remap the 'Refresh' key '0' to 'V'

Pressing '0' and the movement keys with your left hand during titan hunting is annoying. I wish there was a way to re-map keys like '0' to 'V'.

I don't know if you would consider these 'little' but they are some of the reasons why I've stopped titan-hunting.

Edited by Maj, 20 January 2017 - 21:39.

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:44

What is this map panning?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#9 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:10

On the persistent mouse overs: I eventually discovered that simply moving the mouse outside the browser window gets rid of them instantly (though that may be OS dependent)

And Maj, I avoid the stacking messages while titan hunting by mainly using "0" instead of "r". "0" doesn't attempt to repair equipment, and so doesn't generate lots of messages to stack, and if you are getting that many "nothing to repair" notices then you don't need to repair so often. Of course, that does just re-inforce your last point about key remapping.

#10 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 14:09

Not a major issue in any way at all and if nothing got done I would not mind at all. But...

Something I would like to see is a display for gold cost for your composing potions either beside the template name as your choosing it or in a small section maybe besides create potions. Just I always forget the cost for each potion so have to look it up before creating them. Just a tiny addition. Like I said no sweat if nothing comes of it. :)

A thread to discuss the little annoyances rather than creating a thread full of negativity might be a good idea. Just small fixes and issues that get overlooked. Good idea. :)

Edited by Josh1404, 20 January 2017 - 14:09.

#11 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 15:36

For what it's worth I'm in 100% agreement over the sticking mouse-overs. They have annoyed me for years and occasionally actually block the action list, which you then have to move...

Of course, it's not nearly as annoying as the unfinished quest that has been sat in my quest log (present darkness) as the only quest in the game I haven't done. Of course I try not to let these things bug me as much as they used to, I have come to terms with the fact that these things will likely never be fixed, completed, improved etc.

Well seeing as how Present Darkness is finished yet. I am not entirely annoyed. Let me ask you this have you finished all the Grimnor Forest (StoryBook) or Quango Island quest. Even if they are not up to EOC, in completion. I know many who are annoyed that they haven't been able to finish there unfinished quest.

And other then being annoyed by all of you 😉

I am annoyed by my wife's little dog barking at me all the time 😜

#12 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2017 - 19:46

Well seeing as how Present Darkness is finished yet. I am not entirely annoyed. Let me ask you this have you finished all the Grimnor Forest (StoryBook) or Quango Island quest. Even if they are not up to EOC, in completion. I know many who are annoyed that they haven't been able to finish there unfinished quest.

And other then being annoyed by all of you

I am annoyed by my wife's little dog barking at me all the time

Yes cucullainn, I have completed every other quest.

Normal Quests - Quests Completed: 914 / 915

Seasonal Quests - Quests Completed: 53 / 53

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#13 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 20:17

I have never even gotten to begin the Storybook or Quango quests. And probably never will, since new content for EoC will never be completed.... Not really fair if you ask me.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#14 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 21:34

map messages that tell you you cannot walk more than 1 space

+1 Will this ever be fixed?

All these endless threads that are about lag (do we really need more than one?)

We definitely do not need them... let's hope HCS gets their act together so they can become nonexistent.

For the record, I agree to an extent with the rest of the content of BP's post, but... yeah. Wil said:

So really, the issue in a nutshell for me would be for HCS to take a proactive role. 

I'd love to see them organizing the forum better. Suggestion after repetitive suggestion comes up time and time again. Some great posts have been erased (and I'm not talking about being banned by HCS, but being banned by "time"). 

But only on occasion does the same idea get noticed despite it having been posted for the umpteenth time, lol.

A thread to discuss the little annoyances rather than creating a thread full of negativity might be a good idea. Just small fixes and issues that get overlooked. Good idea. :)

I'm not too sure that Plexus really meant to create a "thread of negativity". They did start off saying they didn't want a "moaning thread", lol. But, maybe the correct read is that you approve what Plexus did? 

Don't we think HCS should start doing this to stop the griping or, at least, direct it to the right place?

I have never even gotten to begin the Storybook or Quango quests. And probably never will, since new content for EoC will never be completed.... Not really fair if you ask me.

BP, both of them you could have started. Unfortunately, I know Storybook has been ages in reappearing and I still have tons left undone. Think Quango did though... at some point. Still have some that I have since leveled up to do.

#15 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 21:59

I'm not too sure that Plexus really meant to create a "thread of negativity". They did start off saying they didn't want a "moaning thread", lol. But, maybe the correct read is that you approve what Plexus did? 

Don't we think HCS should start doing this to stop the griping or, at least, direct it to the right place?

Think you may have seen sarcasm that wasn't there. I literally meant I like the idea of Plexus' thread. This is the thread I meant to discuss the smaller issues as per the title and tone of what has been said. This is the good idea I speak of instead of other threads that begin with and feature a massively negative tone. :P

The more genuine discussion happening as opposed to the customary flaming and idiocy is welcomed by me and by others I am sure. All we need now is the attention of a wandering bovine. :P

Edited by Josh1404, 20 January 2017 - 22:00.

#16 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 23:00

@Josh post #15... I did begin to think that, hence the final "question". Nice. (o0 Liked post #15 and agree.

Me, I'd dream of an HCS thread, call it "issues" or whatever. 

Something along the lines of the "what does FSH have that you would like to see implemented in the game?" No idea where that thread is now. 

I'd also like to see it advertised on the home page.

That is definitely not without its "complications". 

I really think that HCS would need to make the post extremely clear. Ie, what's your gripe? Please state you top three major issues. Please do NOT respond to other posts. 

I do NOT think that would discourage the typical arguments. But, if HCS was mature enough to ignore those arguments, they might get a good read on what players care about. 

It's hard for these things to not get derailed. A lot of us care passionately about the game and few of us agree on what is best for it. 

I don't mean to call out BP specifically and will elaborate by saying that all of the players that talk here so much have some base programming logged into their head. 

I believe it makes it very difficult for all of us to get outside our normal box. I use BP as an example because there is a huge difference between her #2 post and her #13 post.

I full on feel where the #2 is coming from. 

But just like my response to yours was: I read it one way, but thought about it and began to understand that my initial reaction was NOT what you were saying. 

Reading "text" leaves a lot to be desired.

In short (since it's already typically E-long), what I would emphasize in all of this is that "we" are a small handful of peeps that often speak our mind here. 

Whether we actually represent the game or not is more than questionable. 

We can hope to influence how we think it will be better for the game or not, but rather than listening to my own diatribe over and over again, I'd much rather see an HCS sponsored thread that asks for my opinion. 

Something that I don't have to argue about, but just give. And then, far more importantly, something that can ask for opinions from the wider range of players.

I think any of us regular talkers here are most likely well aware that there is a huge number of players who purposely avoid talking here in the Forum because of the reactions they get. 

I'd love to see HCS ask for opinions and those opinions not to be critiqued. 

I "think" this was an attempt at that. And to go back to BP's #2 post... I think it also fits in the category. I too get annoyed about the whining and complaining. 

The only difference in my response is that I try and focus more on something that HCS could do something about. There's no way they could do anything to get rid of the whining and complaining, lol. 

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 00:01

No, Egami, neither storybook nor quango have been available since I returned to the game in 2014. At least to my recollection. And they won't be re released until new quests are written or whatever for EoC players.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#18 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 14:35

Victory obtained by judges decision.

In the Arena, just who are these judges?

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 18:43

Victory obtained by judges decision.
In the Arena, just who are these judges?

All right, yes, this is extremely annoying....

Also, 2% rule.... How in God's name does a lvl 25 pinata kill me?

Edited by BadPenny, 22 January 2017 - 18:45.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#20 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2017 - 18:47

All right, yes, this is extremely annoying....

Also, 2% rule.... How in God's name does a lvl 25 pinata kill me?

I actually think that the 2% rule is perfectly valid - NO-ONE is invulnerable, there's always a chance that you can get beaten by a much better opponent.

Knights in full metal armour used to get killed by a peasant with a bow and arrow ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: