#1 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2019 - 21:18

After many years, I've been thinking of getting back to this game for awhile.  (Really like to get back to Eldevin,  but that's another story.)

What happened to Sigmastorm  helper?   Does it still exist, or anything like it?  Is it even worth trying to play without it?  Seems there's code for in inside Fallensword Helper, is there some way to use that?

The game feels much clunkier without it, I could live with that.  But some key features, such as faction gear management, seem impossible without it.  How do I sort to find what I need?  Or place items in the inventory of inactive players?

I don't know if anyone is left to read this.  But any help is appreciated.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#2 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:42

player resources are listed on the wiki homepage, though i don't know their condition

https://sigmastorm2....i/Sigma_Storm_2

Edited by duktayp, 03 September 2019 - 01:43.

#3 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 September 2019 - 22:07

Appreciate the response, that was one of the first places I looked.  Unfortunately the featured resources (including the helper) are dead links.  Much of the information is out of date, and doesn't answer my questions regardless.

Are you still actively playing?  How do you manage without the add-ons?  Or is that not really an issue at your level?

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#4 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:15

440 is the last level of content, i am level 542 ... so, "not really an issue" since i have no need of any helpers

what are your questions? myself and the other "dead enders" may be able to help

dead-ender

noun

• 1.a person who continues to support a particular cause, even when there is seemingly no chance of success:"the legions of dead-enders still sporting signs for Sigmastorm"
  • 2.a person whose situation offers no prospects for progress or improvement:"Sigmastorm is the bleakest of games, filled with dropouts and dead-enders"

"""""faction gear management, seem impossible without it.  How do I sort to find what I need?  Or place items in the inventory of inactive players?"""""

if your faction founder is no longer active to help you with this, we can recommend other factions...the concept of faction loyalty is a moot point with the game in its' current condition

Re-reading your original post, it seems as though you have just started...stage 1.... the 7 stages of grief:

7e292686cb7177555979059ef45545ee--grief-

no worries though, my friend - i'm here with you to get you to stage 7, as i did Watagashi: https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75803

Edited by duktayp, 10 September 2019 - 23:15.

#5 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2019 - 17:17

I agree, it is stage 1.  Kind of like contacting an old friend you haven't seen in many years, and discovering things are not looking good.

There is some hope though.  The SS Helper code still exists in Github.  It hasn't been updated in many years (FS Helper was forked, and did not take the SS code with it), but perhaps I can get it to work.  Although Greasemonkey doesn't seem to like local files, and that far out of date may be more effort then I'm prepared for.  But we'll see.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#6 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2019 - 13:39

I log in a couple times daily, buff anyone i find online to help them out - I do not actively level... and i have trouble with all the things you mentioned ... I would love for lightwalk to work aswell... but thats another day... 

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 September 2019 - 18:48

I log in, but , tbh, I've forgotten how to play or what I'm supposed to be doing XP

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#8 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 April 2020 - 20:01

wondering how to get back into the game... i played.  but no link appears.  i cannot merge my game.  did they abandon it alltogether?

#9 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 April 2020 - 12:27

wondering how to get back into the game... i played.  but no link appears.  i cannot merge my game.  did they abandon it alltogether?

Game seems to still exist at https://www.huntedco...game/sigmastorm, although I didn't actually hit the 'play' button.  Interesting there is no longer a link to it.  I don't know if that means the cows plan to kill it, or are just discouraging new players.

Not sure how you could actually level at higher levels without the helper though.  At a bare minimum the ability to store and recall gear from other faction members.  Other features make the game more playable, but I don't recall any other necessities.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 April 2020 - 09:59

Contact Support. We oughta be able to help.

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: