#1 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 August 2014 - 23:58

Some time ago I made a suggestion that hoof liked, to expand content production (it went from 10 levels to 25) , in addition to this I had made some other suggestions to ease the demands of production for HCS. One of these was to get rid of common items that, at the time, were useless. (I have also noticed that some new enemy images are from random lower level creatures).

The global events have made everything besides common frags useless. I would assume that all people that compose use very few frags that are not common, and day to day XP farming for composing uses a ton of common frags.

I dont understand why HCS feels the need to penalize end of content players by not giving us common frags when we hunt (these are the players that are using the majority of frags anyway). How about 1 new common item per every 25 levels of production that every creature in those levels drops for us to fragment? With doubler buffs, this wont make a big difference anyway.

The first global frag event yielded good frags, I think around 22k common frags? Even then, I burnt through these VERY quickly, the few K that is given out now is a joke. Rewards for frags on the global event is FAR to low, hunting specifcally for frags yields basically the same amount of frags that it costs to get to ruby tier anyway, the rewards need to be greatly increased....if players are willing to spend the gold they shouldnt be limited by frags.

Even taking things to an extreme, hunting specifically for common frags is incredibly boring and takes forever, I think if a player is willing to do this, there should be a frag doubler buff, that does not produce extra items, but does produce extra frags when you have it set to auto-fragmenet.

Originally, frags were introudced into the game to give some value to old legendary SE etc gear. A lot of gear sold initally, but now that the global event pump out tons of useless legednary SE crystlline frags - it kills the original reason for frags. Common frags now are the only frag with value, Whats done is done, a solution I see to fix (and bring some actual value to breaking leg SE cry etc items) would be to create some method in which frags can be further broken down to create more common frags; ie: 1 SE frag make 10 common frags, 1 leg makes 15 common, 1 unique makes 5, and 1 rare makes 2-3.

A few ideas, all of which, I think, would improve the game.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 00:06

In fairness, I think BG said that there WOULD be one critter dropping commons per content batch, but that seems to be sketchy if it happens ?

But, we all have the option to farm commons (boring, I agree) - or buy them from frag. farmers (let them deal with the boredom)

Would I like to see more common drops up at EOC ? - probably ... can I live without it ? - easily :).

If this is something to look at AFTER the current roadmap, then sure - but there's far more pressing matters to deal with before this ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:40

In fairness, I think BG said that there WOULD be one critter dropping commons per content batch, but that seems to be sketchy if it happens ?

To be even fairer to BG, its really pretty consistent. Since level 1876, there have been common items dropped at levels 1876, 1901, 1951, 1962, 1976, 1981, 2001, 2051, 2076, 2101 and 2126. So in 11 25-level blocks, 8 have one common item, 1 has two, and only 2 have none.

In that original debate Placeboo referred to, I did raise the idea that items could easily be spread across regions, and it did not have to be a new item each level. Presumably, the only reason for a slug, or a shark to have body armor is because it got it from the adventurer it ate, so there is the in-game logic suggests gear is carried by adventurers and so should be spread across multiple levels.

Having said that, it is probably fair to say that most EOC players can afford either to buy common items or spare some stamina to hunt their own occasionally, so personally I am ambivalent on this one - given that this idea does not increase the work needed to prepare new content.

Edited by rowbeth, 05 August 2014 - 10:42.

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:38

The first creature of every new content has a common to farm. We will not be increasing the number of Frags given by the Global Events as they are designed to be repeated often.

#5 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 14:08

A new common item per content batch is actually pretty useless, at least until level 2501. Since they all give the same number of frags, if you're going to farm you may as well farm the lowest-level creature so that it has the lowest stats, allowing you to use fewer offensive buffs so that Reckoning hits Conserve and Find Item more often. Having one creature in 25 drop a common item, plus the use of Doubler, means that the addition of that common item might mean 100 or so common frags over the 25 levels, which may as well be zero. If making new art and stats for common items is taking any programmer time, that time assuredly would be more useful spent elsewhere.

As for the global events, I think what Placeboo is asking for isn't more fragments, just a different distribution. Given what composers use the most of, a global event chest (ruby tier) that has 5000 total frags should have roughly the breakdown of:

4500 common, 250 rare, 150 unique, 50 legendary, 35 crystalline, 15 super elite

Right now composers have an absolute glut of the higher-rarity fragments due to the global event stashes. That plus not being able to downgrade frags means that there is basically no market for LE, crystal, or SE frags.

#6 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2014 - 15:28

Adding the common item to the FINAL regular creature in a content release would be quite a lot more user friendly to be honest. Since that would be the creature people are most likely to blow their last wad of stamina on at the end of their hunt...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#7 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 15:35

Adding the common item to the FINAL regular creature in a content release would be quite a lot more user friendly to be honest. Since that would be the creature people are most likely to blow their last wad of stamina on at the end of their hunt...

Agreed even so i don't care much about Composing

#8 drakos333

drakos333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 20:39

How about a couple of new buffs that have to do with composing such as a buff that allows u to save all the frags u would have otherwise used when creating a potion (somthing like guild buffer buff) or a buff that has a chance to allow a pot to be instantly finished without costing any extra when making a potion? just a few thoughts.. and a sidenote... i have burned through 23K common frags since the last global event.. and that has got me about 1.5 lvls in composing im lvl 21 lol... i can not afford to buy frags all the time from frag farmers and farming them myself is so boring and time consuming and i would love to save some of my stam to do some other stuff in the game lol... 

#9 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 21:31

(snip)....... i have burned through 23K common frags since the last global event.. and that has got me about 1.5 lvls in composing im lvl 21 lol...(snip)

I'm behind you -- just level 20.5, and I haven't tracked it, but I don't think I've used more than about 8K frags to go 2 levels, and I regularly make pots for actual use like KE200, AL, Conserve etc. You may be just going at a faster pace. The highest xp pot I'm making for leveling purposes is 60 and I only do that once a day, along with a 40 xp (not sure why I don't do two 50's, but I don't). Other than that 20xp pots, rinse & repeat.

Common Items: Higher levels (believe it's above L1600) -- wasn't there a strongly supported complaint at one time that people didn't want commons, as they were found to be annoying and that's how they got left out of the higher levels consequently? Of course that was before composing. Makes me think of the old adage: 'be careful what you ask for', but regardless at least for maps already out we live with the consequences. Seems to me we need to think more often of the long range picture in this game, not just short term when making request. Finding a use for common items was on the discussion table for a long, long time.

Availability: I know just at my level there are few commons anymore and I know that I'll likely need to farm. During the last Frag Global I actually wondered if I would be ahead stam wise to just farm frags normally and not do the event, as I accumulated so few frags from the event, not counting the reward chests at the end.

A redistribution of the #'s in the chest as suggested by others, such as kalish above, seems like a good idea going forward.

It's been nice that composing related issues continue to be approached by BigGrim, Hoof and HCS in general as a work in progress, thus open to tweaking.

Edited by BraveKath, 05 August 2014 - 21:32.

#10 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 22:33

*snip* and a sidenote... i have burned through 23K common frags since the last global event.. and that has got me about 1.5 lvls in composing im lvl 21 lol...

I HIGHLY recommend you read the composing wiki. If your level 21 and only made 1.5 levels, your efficiency is lacking although that is a personal choice. As an example, if you only did 20xp pots, for 23k commons, you would've gained 77k xp = 7 levels. @30xp pots 29k xp = 3 levels. Based on your estimate, you are making on average 40-50 xp pots. You could do 70xp pots and made only half a level. Isn't this more of a personal choice to gain more xp per pot? Hopefully this makes sense. Posting from smartphone not easy

#11 drakos333

drakos333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:22

i usually make 20xp or 30xp pots 3 at a time if im online for a few hours... and when im gunna be offline for a while i do either 40xp or 50xp pots usually.... and when i remember to do my instant pots each day i do three 50 xp pots.. then usually a 20xp pot.... obviously i have no clue what im doing.. o well... 

#12 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:25

If you've ever wanted to attend Hogwarts, specifically Potions class, then head on over to Fallen Sword.

No, you won't rub elbows with the bumbling Ron or brilliant Hermione, but Fallen Sword's potion composing feature simulates that satisfying experience of concocting potions -- and even getting the privilege of naming them.

"Think Harry Potter, only without Snape breathing over your shoulder... Our community is already having fun with the feature, naming their potions everything from 'Triple XP - Gameshark' to 'Epic Glass of Whine' … served in a wine glass, of course. Classy," said Hunted Cow of the potions already making the rounds in the free no download mmorpg.

Brewers can select from 10 bottle designs and 50 colors for their potions -- and that's just for the look of the potions. For the actual potion contents and effects, players can mix and match up to five skills also known in-game as buffs, and set the potion duration from 30 minutes to a maximum of five hours.

The potions can be shared with fellow MMO guildmates or chugged down by their creators before embarking on solo adventures.

Potion ingredients can be obtained by breaking down items into fragments or purchasing them with gold. But potion composing can be quite the grind. Players will need to create a lot of lesser potions to raise their potion composing skill up to level 50 cap, with higher levels unlocking new skills.

#13 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:40

The formula to fragment the Fragments (lol) is the best solution for those problems.

1 SE frag = 15 Common
1 LE frag = 10 Common
1 Crystalline = 7 Common
1 Unique = 5 Common
1 Rare = 2 Common 

For me that's the best solution :)

#14 spons369

spons369

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 21:23

For me personally what i agree most in Placeboo post, why is composing introduced in this game? As i remember correctly to give LE, SE, etc more value. The only items that got more value are the common items <= we didn't need those to have more value.... As the proposal from Placeboo for example to break LE items into common frags would be indeed the best way to fix composing and bring the true purpose back why composing whas brought in this game. Just how i see it.

#15 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 21:41

I agree that now, given the Frag Globals, that the common fragment is the most valuable (and it was MEANT to be the least valuable).

There have been plenty of suggestions that the frag global chest change the contents to roughly (figures could be tweaked) 90% common and the rest of the frags taking the remaining 10%

From my perspective, I have :- 3K common frags, 21K rare, 22K unique, 10K LE, 8.5K Crystalline and 7K SE

Now, to use those higher level frags, I need a MASSIVE influx of commons without adding to the those higher levels at all. Otherwise, the scenario is self-perpetuating. That said, I don't agree with requests above on the exchange rates - I'd say 1:1 AT BEST.

After all, COMMON are the most valuable now ;)

So, please cows, either change the frag global chests to be common frags or give us an exchange mechanism to trade down.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#16 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:45

The first creature of every new content has a common to farm. We will not be increasing the number of Frags given by the Global Events as they are designed to be repeated often.

Grim,

I have several suggestions , do you have other responses to any of the others? Kinda frustrating, to just say "no" to one. Please keep in mind , as I said above, that going to farm specifcally for frags actually yields more common frags than farming during global event

#17 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:39

Cows - PLEASE take a look at the frag global chests and alter their contents as per suggestions. Otherwise, all fragments other than COMMON will soon have no value whatsoever ..

Thanks.

#18 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:27

Idea ...

What if the Global Chest Rewards (not the ones that drop from the creatures you farm for the global) ... what if there was an NPC we could approach and trade in the Chest we receive for one that contained all Commons. Due to the higher value of Commons compared to LE/SE, etc the exchange rate may not be 1:1, but the player would walk away with more Commons than they'd have otherwise.

The NPC could be available for a set period of time, perhaps no more than 1 week after the close of the event.

Just an idea, not sure if it's good or bad, or a nightmare to program.

#19 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:34

Idea ...

What if the Global Chest Rewards (not the ones that drop from the creatures you farm for the global) ... what if there was an NPC we could approach and trade in the Chest we receive for one that contained all Commons. Due to the higher value of Commons compared to LE/SE, etc the exchange rate may not be 1:1, but the player would walk away with more Commons than they'd have otherwise.

The NPC could be available for a set period of time, perhaps no more than 1 week after the close of the event.

Just an idea, not sure if it's good or bad, or a nightmare to program.

It would be easier to just change the ratio of the total fragments in the chest by upping the percentage that are commons, such as:

Commons = 95%

Rare = 3%

Unique = 1%

Legendary = 0.5%

Crystalline = 0.25%

Super Elite = 0.25%

#20 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 13:13

It would be easier to just change the ratio of the total fragments in the chest by upping the percentage that are commons, such as:

Commons = 95%

Rare = 3%

Unique = 1%

Legendary = 0.5%

Crystalline = 0.25%

Super Elite = 0.25%

+1, fully agree...i could live to be 1000 years old and never use all my se, crystal frags..and like someone said..frags and composing was to be a help for se creatures and legendary creatures...and arena for the crystal...the global events killed that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: