37 replies to this topic

#1 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 19:01

grim when you do the next scavenging cave event can you throw the potion of the canny gather in there please... there is only 411 in the game most them are either being hoarded for personal use or in players bp that are not playing as its rare and i mean rare you see one in the ah..cant remember the last time that potion was out but must been a long time by now

#2 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:31

Hey there.

Don't see why not. The Watch Yer Back Brew and Flask of Death were out recently. Potion of the Canny Gather has not been out in ages. Did we have another Cave Only Potion or was that three it? 

~ Grim

#3 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 19:52

Hey there.

Don't see why not. The Watch Yer Back Brew and Flask of Death were out recently. Potion of the Canny Gather has not been out in ages. Did we have another Cave Only Potion or was that three it? 

~ Grim

as far as i can remember it was just the 3 i believe they came out the first time all together but its been so long and bringing the other two back out wouldnt kill anyway i know just been out but there potions taht are used alot and hoarded by the few

#4 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:27

Perhaps Titan hunters lesser brew was also part of the bunch? I am not sure about that myself - could any1 point out where this one came from? (Not that it would be much needed nowadays...)

Edited by vlkfenrir, 10 January 2015 - 06:30.

#5 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:20

bumping for grim seeing it is friday and the caves look lonely lol

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:28

Also good to discuss what LE's need some love this time around.

#7 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:31

True most of the watch your back/Flasks are outta circulation to begin with due to hoarders i know people who have atleast 500 each

#8 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 22:33

Hey there.

~ Grim

Release them again :P  why not if flask of death value already went from 6 fsps to 14 fsps

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2015 - 23:06

Release them again :P  why not if flask of death value already went from 6 fsps to 14 fsps

The only probable reason for 'em going up so much so quickly is folk hoarding 'em ...

So, yeah, there's a lot to be said for bringing 'em out again to devalue them :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#10 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:47

The only probable reason for 'em going up so much so quickly is folk hoarding 'em ...

So, yeah, there's a lot to be said for bringing 'em out again to devalue them :)

I think it has a lot more to do with low drop rates.

The number of brews in backpacks did not increase very much during the event. If I recall correctly, there are now only about 500 more flasks than there were at the beginning of that event.

OFSG indicates only 3841 currently in backpacks - which for a brew that comes out about twice per year, and last came out quite recently, is a pretty small number. For zombie brews it is over 63,000.

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:05

I vote to bring out all the cave pots again every one of them

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:28

I think it has a lot more to do with low drop rates.

The number of brews in backpacks did not increase very much during the event. If I recall correctly, there are now only about 500 more flasks than there were at the beginning of that event.

OFSG indicates only 3841 currently in backpacks - which for a brew that comes out about twice per year, and last came out quite recently, is a pretty small number. For zombie brews it is over 63,000.

I've just looked at the UFSG regarding FoD - and yeah, the number there is 3839. I would have thought it was a lot higher than that.

That, however, doesn't explain WHERE those 3839 are. If, for instance, the majority are in the hands of a few players (which is entirely feasible) then the price hike is probably price gouging.

So, I'm still in favour of bringing them out more often - once a month maybe, once every 2 months at the longest.

There's too much price gouging in the game - not only does it make the rich even richer (and a lot of those complain about not having anything to spend their fsp's on ... say WHAT ?) but it also probably drives players away who can't afford to pay the gouged prices.

In 7 weeks (they were in the caves on the 29th November), the price has almost tripled ???

(No, btw, I don't have a personal need for them to come out more quickly - I have sufficient to last me until the next time they normally come out - 6 months or so)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#13 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:37

I've just looked at the UFSG regarding FoD - and yeah, the number there is 3839. I would have thought it was a lot higher than that.

That, however, doesn't explain WHERE those 3839 are. If, for instance, the majority are in the hands of a few players (which is entirely feasible) then the price hike is probably price gouging.

So, I'm still in favour of bringing them out more often - once a month maybe, once every 2 months at the longest.

There's too much price gouging in the game - not only does it make the rich even richer (and a lot of those complain about not having anything to spend their fsp's on ... say WHAT ?) but it also probably drives players away who can't afford to pay the gouged prices.

In 7 weeks (they were in the caves on the 29th November), the price has almost tripled ???

(No, btw, I don't have a personal need for them to come out more quickly - I have sufficient to last me until the next time they normally come out - 6 months or so)

So I'm holding about 20. The last time there was an 8 month gap, so I acquired enough in the last event to give me almost a year's hunting (and at my level, this is an essential buff to enable 1-hitting). So if just 190 other people have taken the same attitude, then we have accounted for all the pots in the game. This is planning ahead for personal use and not profit mongering: high prices are simply supply and demand with a truly rare but popular item

At the last event I had finally acquired (for the first time in 7 years) 30 spare backpack spaces and so I thought I'd have a go at scavenging my own flasks. The drop rate meant that --- even with deliberately selling valuable items I didn't want well below the market price, and dropping things that would sell over a period of many days --- I only managed to get 4 flasks for myself before those spaces were full. 

I am glad for the UB, and greaterEW, and DW ... potions I am now working my way through, so I don't claim the scavenging was too expensive. BUT the low frequency of flask drops means that only those few people with very large backpacks and lots of AH listings will be able to acquire the flasks in volume. Thus the number of flasks in the game will always be small, and the market will continue to be easily dominated by a few players. And even if we had the events more often, it will remain easy for a few people with lots of FSPs to buy up 100 flasks and make a quick return on that investment.

In short, this is another ramification of the comments others have made about other scavenging events: that the continued preponderance of cheap/trash drops during an event ruins (with a touch of hyperbole) the event.

Personally, from a supply perspective, I'd be happier to make this follow the zombie-brew model. Have them once a year, but make them easy to find in that event so that a large number of flasks enter the game infrequently.

#14 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:41

Personally, from a supply perspective, I'd be happier to make this follow the zombie-brew model. Have them once a year, but make them easy to find in that event so that a large number of flasks enter the game infrequently.

I like this idea A LOT! =)

101379-Jim-Carrey-I-like-it-alot-gif-Gfl

#15 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:25

i have about 20 flasks which i farmed i managed to get 47 last event sold the other 27 to try cover the amount of gold it took and it was alot...i know players where  trying to buy up flasks by the hundreds no idea if they succeded believe one did as they stopped asking lol... but thats just what ppl do if they use them alot ...the flask like zombie brews is one of the best potions there is ...but the caves need a serious overhaul having the cave goatman drop so many pots means the drop rate for the flask sucks as it has to share with 4 other items

#16 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 13:03

I promised myself to never do scavenging because of horrible drop rate i prefer to buy from AH and relax

#17 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:15

I promised myself to never do scavenging because of horrible drop rate i prefer to buy from AH and relax

Totally agree :) much smarter to sell gold during scavenging  events.

#18 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 23:07

Totally agree :) much smarter to sell gold during scavenging  events.

So, what happens if we all take your advice? :) :P

#19 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:30

So, what happens if we all take your advice? :) :P

Will always be players seeking to profit from scavs as long as this game is online.

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 23:15

With the recent events i believe reinstating Wi450 and last ditch to the caves would be the most effective gold sink and wont hurt the market at all. Prices are already back up to what they were before and the number of them hasn't increased. There is a huge surplus in gold over the last 6 weeks that needs to be knocked down somehow.

Edited by Intimidation, 21 January 2015 - 23:22.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: