BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2015 - 16:46

Hi all,

Familiar horrors have returned to stalk the land. What is surprising is that two brand new abominations have appeared with them!

Cerberus Hound (Legendary)
209c9ed0a0a78c4e4411a6bc572ac1ad08f.jpg?

Zeal is a three headed demon of fire from ancient times. Every few thousand years the Hound is released upon this world by it's demonic masters to wreck havoc and bring pain to the feeble mortals.

Recommended Level : 50+

Cu Sith (Legendary)
8407c61c6b335d5fcfb612f8596cbe51276.jpg?

Cu Sith is a giant magical hound from the northern moors of Vallshire. The Cu Sith is rumored to be under the control of beings ancient and fey that reside in the moors. Why these beings harbour such hate to the rest of the world is unknown, however Cu Sith is their greatest weapon and with it on the prowl, few can stand in its way!

Recommended Level : 150+

The Banshee of Dunale (Legendary)
385e0a1b5a3806636d5dafb74f828d61b41.jpg?

The Banshee of Dunale is a creature who's coming into this plain of existence heralds a great doom that the Banshee herself will cause. What this great doom will be is unknown but it would be wise to send this being back to whence it came before it can complete the task.

Recommended Level : 170+

Lord Thorn (Legendary)
103244f787677b83ebc02b4e953f2fa09e2a.jpg

Lord Thorn is a power hungry Warrior. Perfect for the Shadowlord's purposes. Having been granted Demonic status, he is rampaging through the Realms shedding blood in the name of his evil Patron. Will you stand in his path and destroy this evil foe?

Recommended Level : 290+

Shanaraq (Legendary)
3846068b25235a24c52b57da212cd691e55f.jpg

Shanaraq is a grotesque creature that rose from the nearby swamps looking for warm flesh and hot blood to quench it's hunger! This strange, slithering creature is remarkably fast on land and is an utter nightmare if you are unfortunate enough meet it in the waters of his home.

Recommended Level : 2075+

Abominus Rex (Legendary)
3872d1c4eb5349b3d8f0fcedfd0133e6321c.jpg

The gargantuan horror known as Abominus Rex appeared without warning, tearing through any who appeared before it. Who created this undead monstrosity is not know (and given the unpredictable nature of Abominus Rex itself, likely never will be.), all that is known is the beast's unnatural vitality means it shrugs off many wounds and is all but immune to certain attacks. It's think hide protects it and any attacks that get through are as likely to glance off harden bone as they are to do damage.
<br><br>
Abominus Rex must be stopped!

Recommended Level : 2400+

In addition to this, a new Super Elite beast has been spotted in Realms across the length and breadth of the World!

Mourarchian (Super Elite)
3873d7ba89b367f58260b2216dcbf3c774d0.jpg

Mourarchian is an aquatic being that has taken the shape of a strange, finned horse. It is unknown if it is able to take on other forms but what IS known is that this is a cruel and aggressive being. It will lurk in shallow waters and launch surprise attacks against any living being that comes too close. It will try to drag it's prey into the waters it stays in to drown them. If successful, it devours it's prey, ignoring only the liver, which floats to the surface as warning to any other beings nearby!

Recommended Level : 2225+

The Legendary Creatures shall be available until 14:00 hours server time on Monday the 8th of June, 2015.

Mourarchian (Super Elite) will remain loose. It has been spawned and has nine spawns, though only one is close to his level. The rest are spread across the entire game.

Enjoy!

~ The Fallen Sword team.

#2 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 05 June 2015 - 16:49

Awesome - thanks for the fun Grim. Hopefully these LE's will give some higher level players some fun sets to play with and work with. 

Hopefully we'll see the new SE being killed soon! 

#3 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 17:17

:(
All the cool stuff is out of reach ( why i put a sad face )

#4 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 18:31

Awesome - thanks for the fun Grim. Hopefully these LE's will give some higher level players some fun sets to play with and work with.

I'm sure some will, although armour/defense and attack/defense sets aren't the most obvious toys for the bits of the game I enjoy.

#5 jr1093

jr1093

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2015 - 20:30

The Teleport Enhancement will be for new LEs. Purposefully harder to get.

must be on 2500+ LE sets

#6 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 20:36

must be on 2500+ LE sets

No no, that should be all over the range, not only 2500, all the players deserves the same chance to hunt titans.

#7 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 20:55

No no, that should be all over the range, not only 2500, all the players deserves the same chance to hunt titans.

agreed

#8 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 21:05

must be on 2500+ LE sets

You did not read the previous LE thread?

BigGrim, on 03 Jun 2015 - 12:05, said:

Perhaps. The Temporal Shift enhancement will only be available on sets that are tough to get though. So not on LE drops. Far too easy to acquire.

Edited by Maury Bund, 05 June 2015 - 21:06.

#9 jr1093

jr1093

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2015 - 21:29

You did not read the previous LE thread?

must have missed the last quote  :P

Edited by jr1093, 07 June 2015 - 21:04.

#10 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 00:34

IF I might make a suggestion from a marketing point of view...

The first new SE in Forever, was a nice touch...  But you really need to think this though if you want to make money... Only a few players are above level 2225, so new items won't be useful, except to a few.  

New SE gear is one thing that players spend FSP on, which means cash for you...

You really  need to look at making new SE set at low and mid level players, since these are the levels that buy fsp, and spend money on the game. As well as the sets being useful to thousands of players, rather than a few.. 

That said, just happy to see a new one. I'm sure the 15 guys that can wear a set at that level, will enjoying hunting it..

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 00:35

Are the drops turned on? Also there are a good amount of players 2275+

Edited by EpicPiety, 06 June 2015 - 00:35.

#12 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 06 June 2015 - 00:53

NeedGod suggestion and opinion really make sense , how about that HCS ?? How about putting something new likewise ( Legendaries) on level 1000k+ sometimes in the future. At any rate thanks a lot for this event though :)

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:19

You already got your new stuff awhile ago no nned.

#14 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:23

I posted this in the wrong thread:

About the new Abominable set: it's pretty nice, but since it's a 3-piece set shouldn't the set bonus be 1.5 times that of a 2-piece set? Otherwise it is like a two-piece set with the added disadvantage of needing three slots.

#15 darknin12

darknin12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:08

The art and designs for the new LEs & SE are pretty sick. Nice job cows!

#16 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 17:06

thank you for the new LE and SE,

9 maps (which are huuge)  for the new SE, i think it's too much...

#17 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 June 2015 - 19:45

thank you for the new LE and SE,

9 maps (which are huuge)  for the new SE, i think it's too much...

I think its great - makes you WORK for it - either by trawling the maps for the SE yourself (which I've just done and nada :() or by having to pay someone to sell you the locations.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#18 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 20:19

destroyer set, which was a suuuuuuper set,  was only in 4 maps back then,
way smaller maps,  and there were a lot more players than now.
nowdays, with less ppl,  9 huge maps?
9 is too much.

and yeah, i've walked all the 9 maps, lots of times so i speak from experience..

it's like punishing players making things even harder than they currently are..
if u wanted to make it difficult, u should raise the stats of the SE so its more difficult
to kill.  now it's easy SOLO-able ...

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:24

That said, just happy to see a new one. I'm sure the 15 guys that can wear a set at that level, will enjoying hunting it..

High levels are every bit as deserving of new gear as anyone else. Additionally, as pointed out, their spawns are spread across the Realms so others can hunt or sell the location.

I have every intention of releasing more new beasties throughout the Realms but there are PLENTY of SEs throughout the lower levels.

#20 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:08

it's like punishing players making things even harder than they currently are..

Name 1 thing in this entire game that you have to work hard for anymore by the time you get to 2500.....

Every single thing has been simplified over the years. I doubt that this can even be argued at this point. The fact that this SE is in 9 huge maps is refreshing, really. 

Want to make SE's cool again? Get rid of the locked in maps and let them spawn in random maps all across the world like chests. Then, running into a SE would be exciting! For now, though, this new SE has been done right. Kudos HCS staff. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: