78 replies to this topic

#1 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 22:10

This buff really needs to be removed from game.. it has made the Epic market CRASH.. when i can buy a Tuski Benighted Helm and Cyclone Boots for 50 Fsps a piece.. you know something is wrong.. Yes its benificial for Lower levels to get Epics but... REALLY.... They are epics and should be hard to obtain and cost more than 15 Fsps to buy one.. Market is flooded w/ Epics and is causing them to sell for next to nothing due to Titan doubler....  Im sure this Post will get negative feed backs but im hoping something is still done.. like lowering the Power of this already Overpowered buff..

Hope im not the only one who feels this way but guess we shall find out.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 August 2015 - 23:00

Why does everything in the game have to be about PROFIT ?

It's not titan doubler that's caused the crash in lower-level epics, it's the sheer amount of them in-game compared to the diminishing player base that actually want them.

But, then again, older epics are ALWAYS going to crash in price because we, as p(L)ayers always demand bigger and better - and thus render the lower level items useless (mostly) to anyone other than those players who can't yet use better ones or use them for arena.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 23:11

im not asking for Bigger or Better anything.. im just asking that the Buff be Tweaked a little to not be so overpowering... killing All epics not just the low level ones.

#4 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 23:13

I dont even Personally hunt titans to often.. I bought all my epics.. LOL.. 

#5 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 23:14

as a buyer i am in favor of cheaper epics

#6 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 23:14

and its nice for Everything to be Profit becuase that is what this game is based on.. Fsps... to Upgrade and Buy stuff.

#7 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 23:15

and its nice for Everything to be Profit becuase that is what this game is based on.. Fsps... to Upgrade and Buy stuff.

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 23:16

The problem started with cooldown...opening the titan field up to casuals that really don't play the game. Restricting game play to those who habitually take this game very serious. I'm already restricted enough by stamina... #removeCDsavetitanhunting

#9 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 23:17

This buff really needs to be removed from game.. it has made the Epic market CRASH.. when i can buy a Tuski Benighted Helm and Cyclone Boots for 50 Fsps a piece.. you know something is wrong.. Yes its benificial for Lower levels to get Epics but... REALLY.... They are epics and should be hard to obtain and cost more than 15 Fsps to buy one.. Market is flooded w/ Epics and is causing them to sell for next to nothing due to Titan doubler....  Im sure this Post will get negative feed backs but im hoping something is still done.. like lowering the Power of this already Overpowered buff..

Hope im not the only one who feels this way but guess we shall find out.

Having been here 8 years, you might as well be talking about FSP prices.

No worries here... If farming Epics for FSP isn't worth it to you... simply don't do it. 

That's not to say I disagree 100% with the "idea" behind it... but... well. Enough said.

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 23:18

Nothing wrong with profit Pardoux? Only way to get places in this game is with profit.

Edited by EpicPiety, 17 August 2015 - 23:18.

#11 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 18 August 2015 - 00:52

Sure Titan Doubler has made it easier and quicker to kill titans, but I'm not sure it has really caused a huuuge impact in the prices. Even before, the prices of epics were dropping. It's a simple supply and demand type thing. Demand is decreasing because many guilds have multiple epics, and more people have been buying. If you look at one type of epic (Dragon draped), it has held it's value relatively well. It's a good, more cheaper alternative to buying the RP epics for the same stamina gain. On top of that, the boots are one of the better + stam gain.

What it comes down to is that at the end of the day, the titans have been spawning with enough frequency with very little new demand being generated. Thus, supply is going to go up. Prices drop until there is equilibrium again. If HCS were to introduce recipes that use the titan epics, you'd see price increase again, until demand drops. It's a viscous cycle where HCS needs to breathe new life into the items, so that value returns. Without the increase in demand, it doesn't matter how often titans spawn (unless they don't spawn for months), as supply will really only increase. 

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:29

Nothing wrong with profit Pardoux? Only way to get places in this game is with profit.

I disagree.

I don't titan hunt - ergo I don't profit from it

I don't arena (any more) - and I barely profited from it even when I did
I do very little SE hunting at the moment - ergo don't profit from it
I don't GvG / PvP - ergo I don't profit from it

But yet, here I am, at EOC - without making a profit :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#13 xXTripleXx

xXTripleXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:49

I disagree.

I don't titan hunt - ergo I don't profit from it
I don't arena (any more) - and I barely profited from it even when I did
I do very little SE hunting at the moment - ergo don't profit from it
I don't GvG / PvP - ergo I don't profit from it

But yet, here I am, at EOC - without making a profit smile.png

May be you spend a lot of Real money into the game mate :) How about people like me who haven't spent a penny in this game ? And 27k Stam without spending any real money or any offers (I live in India and i don't get a lot of offers to do) . Profits from titan hunting has made my stam and BP Bigger.

#14 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:00

The problem started with cooldown...opening the titan field up to casuals that really don't play the game. Restricting game play to those who habitually take this game very serious. I'm already restricted enough by stamina... #removeCDsavetitanhunting

Have to disagree... CD was the best thing to happen for titan hunting. I barely got hits before CD. I now get an occasional secure so it's all good. Allowing just a few of the mighty guilds to secure and control all or most of the epic items in game is just not good IMHO... (kinda like the bounty board ;-p)

#15 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:24

May be you spend a lot of Real money into the game mate :) How about people like me who haven't spent a penny in this game ? And 27k Stam without spending any real money or any offers (I live in India and i don't get a lot of offers to do) . Profits from titan hunting has made my stam and BP Bigger.

I've spent some, but not a lot - I know a lot of players who've spent a LOT more than I have.

To me, having something that produces vast "profit" for players (like new titan drops or new GvG items for instance) also brings out the worst in a MINORITY of players - cheating in various forms, be that scripting, clone accounts, whatever.

#16 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:37

There is more ways than just Titan hunting to make a few dots who cares if someone spends that's on them, the way they pay with a dollar, others pay with their time. Players can farm frags, plants, gear with value, sell buffs,buy sell don't blame Titan doubler for prices going down. Blame yourself for not adapting. If you got a friend in the U.S. Ask if they can do the apps offers for u just give them the link. Don't limit yourself

#17 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:28

They already crashed the market themselves. Nothing of value anymore. PLayers can't spend time, working on getting items to sell to level up. This is why the fsp flow has stopped. Just join a guild with the gear you need, and you lose the desire to keep playing..

Without items to work for, and profit from, it hurt, (or killed) them game..  I miss hunting things...

#18 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 16:07

nerf titan doubler to 2x not 4x

#19 xXTripleXx

xXTripleXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 16:29

I've spent some, but not a lot - I know a lot of players who've spent a LOT more than I have.

To me, having something that produces vast "profit" for players (like new titan drops or new GvG items for instance) also brings out the worst in a MINORITY of players - cheating in various forms, be that scripting, clone accounts, whatever.

I'd agree when it comes to VAST PROFIT. But, what is the use of hunting a titan when it is NOT EVEN worth the amount of stamina you put in to secure the titan. ? That's my point.

Edited by xXTripleXx, 18 August 2015 - 16:33.

#20 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 18 August 2015 - 18:48

Economicis 101 - Supply and Demand:

The number of items available in ratio to the number of people who want them is what drives the price.

Titan Doubler does not increase the spawn rate of Titans therefore has no bearing on the # of Titan items in the game.  The prices will drop regardless of Titan Doubler.

If you really want the prices to go up, try to focus on anything that will get more players in the game.  This will boost demand and increase prices.  On top of that, it will do wonders for the futre of this game as a whole.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: