78 replies to this topic

#21 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 19:09

Technically the spawn rate increases just a tad as Titans get cleared within minutes as opposed to hours ;)

#22 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 21:07

New inventable epic Recipes require the cheap low level epics will fix the market somehow :)

#23 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 21:35

New inventable epic Recipes require the cheap low level epics will fix the market somehow :)

we were promised them by BG we don't have them yet

#24 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 21:37

Any news on the Titan Hunting CD removal front? Complain enough and it will disappear.

#25 robyx

robyx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 21:52

I began titan hunting to have my own epics (I still remember a Krimsom Kardic Helm bought at 400 fsp … my worst deal ever …:D )

After that, I hunted and sold a lot of epics, with good profits.

With titan doubler, profits are surely dropped; I still like titan hunting, but to be honest with the current prices, I need to find a valid reason to keep on hunting low level or inflated epics. And, after all, FSPs are not everything in Fallensword ….

What about implementing an “evolve Epic” menu? For example: I have echiphon gloves, and I  fully forge them.  After obtaining another echiphon gloves, I decide to keep them, because of their low price. So I decide to “evolve” the first gloves with them. Maximum number of evolutions: 5 . Every evolution add some stats to the item (maybe +30 stamina, +5% attack/damage, or some other lesser improvement) . The fifth evolution add 1 stamina gain. Evolved epics could be bound (or guild bound), to avoid profit on selling them. Evolution could be reversible (but you loose the epics used in evolution).

Not sure if this has already been proposed by someone, and refused by the Cows.

#26 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 August 2015 - 21:54

Titan Doubler does not need to be removed at all. The problem that exists with the supply of epics is that everyone already has most of their epics. No one needs them. Most people only use them for stamina gain so once they have one pair of epic gloves, they don't need another etc.

What needs to be done is something that will reduce the current amount of epics that are floating around in the game. New recipes or whatever. Combine existing epics to make ones slightly more powerful or something. Make new epic potions maybe? I know this has been suggested before but I do believe something like this needs to be done very soon before epics are selling for 5 fsp a piece

#27 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2015 - 21:56

What needs to be done is something that will reduce the current amount of epics that are floating around in the game. New recipes or whatever. Combine existing epics to make ones slightly more powerful or something. Make new epic potions maybe? I know this has been suggested before but I do believe something like this needs to be done very soon before epics are selling for 5 fsp a piece

This might be a good idea actually. Maybe a recipe that will combine two of the same titan Epic for a small improvement to the item (essentially making an upgraded version of it). This could then be repeated again by combining two of the previously upgraded versions.

Maybe it could be implmented without the need for recipes too - just we would mark the item to specify that this was possible with it and it could be applied to all the revelant items. Just thinking out loud :)

#28 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2015 - 21:57

I began titan hunting to have my own epics (I still remember a Krimsom Kardic Helm bought at 400 fsp … my worst deal ever … :D )

After that, I hunted and sold a lot of epics, with good profits.

With titan doubler, profits are surely dropped; I still like titan hunting, but to be honest with the current prices, I need to find a valid reason to keep on hunting low level or inflated epics. And, after all, FSPs are not everything in Fallensword ….

What about implementing an “evolve Epic” menu? For example: I have echiphon gloves, and I  fully forge them.  After obtaining another echiphon gloves, I decide to keep them, because of their low price. So I decide to “evolve” the first gloves with them. Maximum number of evolutions: 5 . Every evolution add some stats to the item (maybe +30 stamina, +5% attack/damage, or some other lesser improvement) . The fifth evolution add 1 stamina gain. Evolved epics could be bound (or guild bound), to avoid profit on selling them. Evolution could be reversible (but you loose the epics used in evolution).

Not sure if this has already been proposed by someone, and refused by the Cows.

Using epics to upgrade epics has been suggested many times and, for the vast majority of the time, refused.

But, now, like most other stuff in the game, there seems to be a flip-flop coming (or it's been hinted at, at least)

Hopefully, it won't happen ...

To me, if you find a facet of the game not profitable, just don't do it ... it's not rocket science ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#29 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 22:09

This might be a good idea actually. Maybe a recipe that will combine two of the same titan Epic for a small improvement to the item (essentially making an upgraded version of it). This could then be repeated again by combining two of the previously upgraded versions.

Maybe it could be implmented without the need for recipes too - just we would mark the item to specify that this was possible with it and it could be applied to all the revelant items. Just thinking out loud :)

BG said he was working on it hoof...Maybe false hope who knows. But the success rate of the upgrade needs to be small even after inventor buff! Need to weed out the extra epics.

Jonha titan doubler indefinitely is causing problems with titan market...Can't deny it at all. It should be nerfed in some way shape or form. I can solo a titan in 35-40 minutes thats absurd. Group secure should take roughly an hour...solo should be near 2 hours.

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 August 2015 - 22:12.

#30 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 22:13

Sounds good, and if there is no recipe it means no Inv 2 to save the items and keep the market flooded.

#31 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 22:13

Sounds good, and if there is no recipe it means no Inv 2 to save the items and keep the market flooded.

Either hoofs idea or super low recipe chance...like modeled after old bothild. I like the idea of 2 upgraded forms though...Will really cut down on the epics ingame. BUT, recipes will create a larger demand for buying the epics as there will be potential profit involved. I still side with low chance recipes.

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 August 2015 - 22:14.

#32 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 August 2015 - 22:16

accidentally posted

Edited by johnagod, 18 August 2015 - 22:16.

#33 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 22:26

How about being able to upgrade epics, or items in general further than 5 hellforge? Make it 10 but instead of just pumping in more and more fsp, theres everytime a slight chance the item will "break" as it becomes unstable the higher dot it gets. Until 5 hellforge stars its all good and has a guaranteed nonbreakable. Then once you try to upgrade it to the 6th hellforge ball you have a 50% chance of failing the process and the item will be destroyed.

so to sum it up:

6th hellforge dot: 50% success chance

7th dot: 40% success chance

8th dot: 30% success chance

9th dot: 20% success chance

10th dot: 10% success chance

This would solve alot of problems for overinflated prices, create a money and FSP sink and in general items becoming more sought after ;)

Edited by tuvok77, 18 August 2015 - 22:27.

#34 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 22:28

totally would pay 1k fsp for a 10 dot set of items that I currently am wearing :3

#35 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 23:13

How about being able to upgrade epics, or items in general further than 5 hellforge? Make it 10 but instead of just pumping in more and more fsp, theres everytime a slight chance the item will "break" as it becomes unstable the higher dot it gets. Until 5 hellforge stars its all good and has a guaranteed nonbreakable. Then once you try to upgrade it to the 6th hellforge ball you have a 50% chance of failing the process and the item will be destroyed.

so to sum it up:

This would solve alot of problems for overinflated prices, create a money and FSP sink and in general items becoming more sought after ;)

I actually fancy that idea alot... "super hellforging"...has a chance to break items...priceless...bring it forth!

#36 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 00:14

so to sum it up:

I would try if it was just a chance of not forging, but if it broke the item completely would be far TOO frustrating lol

#37 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 00:15

I would try if it was just a chance of not forging, but if it broke the item completely would be far TOO frustrating lol

Maybe just lose all forging ;) start from scratch again

#38 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 00:41

Maybe just lose all forging ;) start from scratch again

yea but it would rid the game of too many items. There will be obvious risks outlined so dont forge past 5 if you dont want to lose.

Edited by EpicPiety, 19 August 2015 - 00:42.

#39 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 00:45

yea but it would rid the game of too many items. There will be obvious risks outlined so dont forge past 5 if you dont want to lose.

I spam my forging as I dont like sitting with all that gold for long... this would make it tedious as well since I could be forging and all of a sudden lose the item completly.. If I just fail I will take the chance, if I lose the item or start back at 0 and have to spend 100+ fsp per item it makes the seperation in game of have vs have not significant.

#40 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:20

What about a way to combine Epics, but without the 'Inventing' thing? That way Omacaz will not crash the market again.

Maybe combine 2 Epics to receive an Epic 50% better (+50% Stats, Max Stamina and Stamina Gain).

That can only be done twice, example with Ogalith:
X Attack
X Damage
X Max Stamina
2 Stam Gain

Combining two normal Ogaliths:
X+50% Attack
X+50% Damage
X+50% Max Stamina
2+1 Stam Gain

Combining two level 2 Ogaliths:
X+100% Attack
X+100% Damage
X+100% Max Stamina
2+2 Stam Gain

That would use 4 Ogalith Gloves and give double normal stats/stamina.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: