BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2015 - 16:41

Hi there Everyone.

Today we have added the recipes for three brand new Crystalline sets for the PvP Arena. The Arena recipes are invented using old set items from a handful of classic Legendary Creatures and Arena prizes.

All Auctions for the items used in these recipes have been cancelled and the items returned to their owners.

The six new recipes can be found in Kirk the Kleavers Killin' Shop, found in the Colosseum of Gurgriss, on the Mountain Path.

Additionally, a new Arena item to invent sets with has been added, the Gladiators Trophy!

These Crystalline sets are the third batch of new sets that we shall continue to add to the game, so keep an eye on the news and feel free to provide constructive feedback!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 16:43

uhm what lvl are the recipes?

#3 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2015 - 16:44

Go and find out! :P

#4 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 16:53

but that would mean I would have to walk... Can you please hint if there are any new crystalline items below lvl 200??? :P

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2015 - 16:54

Nah. Then people would ask for more hints!

#6 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 01 October 2015 - 17:08

Tuvok - you may want to check it out, there probably is a recipe under 200 ;).

Grim - can I ask why we continue to see so many new sets that have the same Gloves/Hands combo above level 1000? There are a ton that keep getting updated, but not really new combinations. I think I have 7 or 8 different sets that have that same combo between 1000 - 1800 (Skull Carver Armor + New PVP Set at 1000 + All Santork Sets + New Arena Set). 

Otherwise, thanks for the new sets! Can't wait to see what goodies they have to hide :)

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2015 - 17:12

Grim - can I ask why we continue to see so many new sets that have the same Gloves/Hands combo above level 1000? There are a ton that keep getting updated, but not really new combinations.

It's just the way they've been plugged in around other sets in their range. There are other combos to come.

Otherwise, thanks for the new sets! Can't wait to see what goodies they have to hide :)

You are very welcome! :)

#8 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2015 - 17:17

It's just the way they've been plugged in around other sets in their range. There are other combos to come.

I understand, but it would be a nice change to see us have to use some thought regarding other sets. It really is just plug and play with building around Hands/Gloves for Armor, Defense, Hunting, etc. above level 1000 it feels like. When you look at other possible set combinations for defense around 1500-1800, there is definitely room for different combos like Body + Ring, Boots + Shield, and a few others that would make possibility for new combinations (That's the best part about new gear is figuring out the best way to use it).

#9 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2015 - 17:25

(That's the best part about new gear is figuring out the best way to use it).

I still have at least a half dozen sets to plug in above 1000. But it's all a juggling act to decide which ones will be added first.

If there are specific combos you'd like to see in certain ranges, feel free to let us know. It's not a guarantee that they'd appear but it's certainly helpful for me to see!

#10 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 17:28

Thanks for new sets :) any plans on adding new potions for Arena?

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2015 - 17:30

We have the multi buff chest potions coming soon and there have been requests for a few more specific buffs to appear so I should say so, yes. Anything come to mind?

#12 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 17:38

I still have at least a half dozen sets to plug in above 1000. But it's all a juggling act to decide which ones will be added first.

If there are specific combos you'd like to see in certain ranges, feel free to let us know. It's not a guarantee that they'd appear but it's certainly helpful for me to see!

A level 1k or 1100'ish rune/ammy set, preferably in def/dmg would be great. same level range armor damage helm/weapon or glove weapon would be great also, and different than what commonly enters the game now. 

I miss the old days where clever kit building was more possible due to near infinite set options. 

Thanks for all of the new sets yet again. 

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2015 - 18:08

Randomise the slot options, we really don't need direct replacements for our current gear, that's boring.

It doesn't matter if a particular piece of gear isn't immediately 'Killer' because of it not fitting into the 'most efficient' setup. A few randomisations down the line and bingo we have something that'll work with it.

At least this way we get to try and work out stuff, instead of just fitting in something new directly over something old... :S

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 20:07

We have the multi buff chest potions coming soon and there have been requests for a few more specific buffs to appear so I should say so, yes. Anything come to mind?

Not much in mind as there alot of potions in other aspects that i dont want to reduce interest for them

so i can suggest as below

Cursed ring and rune level300 180 mins as one potion

Inventor 2 and extractor 2 level 250 90 mins as one potion

Reckoning 300 90 mins as one potion

Astrial strike 500 120 mins as one potion

#15 Spuddyone

Spuddyone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 21:05

Hey BG, miss spelling on the Abners set... you missed the 'a' out of Breastplate ;)

Thanks for the new sets... 1 set just 7 levels of my range... time to get leveling I guess.

#16 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 21:08

yes, finally, something to make,  and 2 of the 3 i can use, excellent choices from my view

thxs for the update bg

#17 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 21:27

THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! That 170 set is everything I ever wanted. And my birthday is still 1 month away. TYVM!!! Gonna make lots and lots of them and supply the Nights watch with some new gear ^.^

#18 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2015 - 21:32

SO... about time some new sets, now what i want to know... AND JUST TELL US LOL.. what sets, and/or single gear  are in the new sets??, and will when there be  HP/ATT  & DEF/HP sets?  

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#19 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 23:10

Thanks for new sets, but maybe in future instead of the plug and play approach you could actually allow us to use our imaginations and make decisions on setups that give us risk reward options and bring some challenge back into setup design from a players perspective.

#20 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:02

You missed the 'a' out of Breastplate.

Oops! Fixed. Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users