6 replies to this topic

#1 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 13:37

Reported this a few months ago and in the release october beginning november? it said in the bug fixed section that the bug with Perfecting a Profession where sometimes it was not given had been fixed. Can't find the release notes atm to put a link

Anyway back to levelling my alt and after reset i pop into the alchemy shop to hand in my daily and level up my alchemy and no Perfecting a Profession given.

ksBau74.png

So i go round to the lumberjack cos i have a couple of logs in my invent and make 1 timber and up pops 

Mr2X6D3.png

So you didn't fix it and you have again robbed me of my daily reward. This quest should be reset without having to make an item to get it. 

There is no wonder people get pissed off and have a rant when they are being swindled by bugs that were reported, reported as fixed and are broken again sheesh!!!!!

#2 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 November 2014 - 14:18

At the daily reset quests become unlearned if they've been previously completed. (Incomplete quests, incidentally don't reset.) So in order for you to benefit from leveling in alchemy you need to have actually learned the quest since the last time you completed it. You then went to craft a log and gained the quest because the quest is given for the act of crafting / gathering / etc rather than for completing quests that give skill experience. (Although if you already have the quest, leveling up via a quest will still complete it.)

There is certainly an argument to be made that Perfecting a Profession could be offered whenever you gain skill experience, rather than when you actively use a skill. However that would not have changed what happened in this case as the quest would have been offered after you had leveled up. I don't see that there's anything broken here at the moment.

#3 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 14:30

of course it is 

i levelled up a profession and i didn't get a reward

basically dishonest 

the fact that you don't see a problem here says a lot about your logic (said in the nicest possible way)

#4 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 November 2014 - 14:42

There's really nothing dishonest about it. Just be sure you have the quest when you're about to level up.

We can have a look into it and see if there are ways we can make it more obvious that it needs to be to picked up in future.

#5 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 15:32

There's really nothing dishonest about it.

I think it is dishonest because i levelled up and didn't get the reward. 

Just be sure you have the quest when you're about to level up.

See that is a gotcha. In user interface design it is not honest if there are gotchas. (like not being able to submit a user details form because you left the country code off your telephone number and not telling you)

We can have a look into it and see if there are ways we can make it more obvious that it needs to be to picked up in future.

Thanks. Lots of other daily quests just reset and do not need to be 'picked up'. This one should be given for the first point increased in a skill and granted if the next level is reached, whether it is a point for making something or for turning in a quest.

#6 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 17 November 2014 - 15:35

This quest has always been automatic for me. Level up a skill and quest done. Wait for reset next day and I get the quest by auto againg and ready to get the reward whenever I level up a skill.
Sounds like a bug that occured to Zeus

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#7 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 16:14

it works most of the time but the bug is in levelling up by turning in a daily BEFORE you craft any item. turning in a daily is gaining points in a profession and should be counted.

however you want to look at it i levelled up so i want me reward :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: