Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:00

Hey folks,

We've been seeing negative feedback on the change we made to turrets yesterday. As such we'll be reverting the change, so turrets will once again only shoot if any units, hero or stationed units are available in the Facility or Outpost.

The alternative design we are currently looking at adding is that the turrets will go offline after the first defence. They will then need to be recharged by the defender. A new recharge button will be available in the Facility view and it will take 20 minutes to bring the turrets back online.

~The New Earth Team

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#2 scuzzyone

scuzzyone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:05

I being a player that clears inactives and avidly raids. found the turrets attacking me very painful. but yet i liked the idea very much it was much more realistic for true combat purposes.  Plus it makes it so that if someone much bigger then you wipes out your troops they are still going to hurt for raiding you. so they really have to weigh their actions, do the gains out weigh the losses.   as i said even though the turrets hurt me i am all for them and thought it a good upgrade!!  They really do help the little guy out on defense i believe they should stay active all the time!!!!

#3 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:28

Hey mojawk 

i both like and hate the feature,if it could some how have all of these parameters meet,i would be thankful

for the active player let the turrent be alive,-helps alot on defending any and all attacks

for the in-active let the turrent do nothing-say 5 days inactive?-i would still like to be able to farm inactives.-this is key to have a chance against those that pay.

but while you figure it out,please turn them off,thanks

Edited by INDeeDO, 31 March 2017 - 09:31.

#4 scuzzyone

scuzzyone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:37

Hey mojawk 

i both like and hate the feature,if it could some how have all of these parameters meet,i would be thankful

for the active player let the turrent be alive,-helps alot on defending any and all attacks

for the in-active let the turrent do nothing-say 5 days inactive?-i would still like to be able to farm inactives.-this is key to have a chance against those that pay.

but while you figure it out,please turn them off,thanks

that is a very good idea I would say!   or have that button Mojawk mentioned have to be pushed so often but not after every attack.  every couple days or so just to say "keep power" to the turrets make it cost neutronium and have the cost go up as the turret levels go up

#5 Jacksn

Jacksn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:46

I'm also conflicted about the change; like seemingly everyone is saying: inactives shouldn't have active turrets.

I like the idea of the repair button, but the 20 minute timer would make it imho essentially useless.

In 20 minutes all your resources may already have been raided 5 times over, not to mention your base destroyed as well.

A repair button without a timer and cooldown would make defense a lot more active, if for instance no teleport nor shield are available you can actually do something more than watch yourself get destroyed.

#6 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:49

We're also open to the option of just leaving it like this. So turrets only shoot if you have some units, defenses or a hero present.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#7 JGib

JGib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 13:21

I like it that they are off once there are no troops or hero left in the base. That way inactive bases can be cleared. If someone is attacking another active base to zero it the losses caused by the turrets after the troops are gone is not going to stop them. I don't care for a repair option as we already have to rebuild troops and defenses after an attack.  

#8 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:28

We're also open to the option of just leaving it like this. So turrets only shoot if you have some units, defenses or a hero present.

as i have done clearing today,it seems you have changed it to this,however i still get hit badly farming inactive cities for their heros,could you also gauge the turrets on some inactivity timer please?-this is so i can effectively gain hero exp and still have a fighting chance at all the pay to play players that win in the events.

Edited by INDeeDO, 01 April 2017 - 12:42.

#9 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:20

as i have done clearing today,it seems you have changed it to this,however i still get hit badly farming inactive cities for their heros,could you also gauge the turrets on some inactivity timer please?-this is so i can effectively gain hero exp and still have a fighting chance at all the pay to play players that win in the events.

Are the turrets really that strong? I would of thought a hero hit harder than the turrets most of the time...

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#10 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:54

i have sent 50k t3 to a level 46 hero(empty city) before the update,no loses,i now loose 500,even if i send a full march i still loose around 300-400(128k troops)

k37zfm.png

25jcjfo.png

i earn 14,000 t3 every 4 days,and to have any chance of beating the pay to play in hero exp events, i have to kill many more heros,costing loses up to 200(or in this case more),this causes me to loose lots of troops(2k troops,just for this hero,i farm,if i can at least 30+ a day)

Edited by INDeeDO, 04 April 2017 - 07:21.

#11 Nenito

Nenito

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:37

i have sent 50k t3 to a level 46 hero(empty city) before the update,no loses,i now loose 500,even if i send a full march i still loose around 300-400(128k troops)

k37zfm.png

25jcjfo.png

i earn 14,000 t3 every 4 days,and to have any chance of beating the pay to play in hero exp events, i have to kill many more heros,costing loses up to 200(or in this case more),this causes me to loose lots of troops(2k troops,just for this hero,i farm,if i can at least 30+ a day)

wow thats a lot, I noticed as well that we lose even if no troops are present on a inactive base. Would be nice to have it set off once there are no troops or a hero left in the base.

#12 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:46

astonishing ehh? admins please fix this, i can no longer gain hero exp effectivly

#13 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:45

admins,are you going to fix this or not?

#14 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:26

Hey Indeedo,

Turrets will currently shoot if you have defences, a hero or units at the facility, otherwise they will not. Does that clear up your issue?

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#15 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:23

if you read my recent posts(the pictures) it clearly does not clear up the issue

i use to farm around 30 heros(inactive) a day, so i could be on the same level as the pay to play.

i no longer do this because it is so costly

how about the player has to login each day to "recharge" the turrents

Edited by INDeeDO, 19 April 2017 - 10:37.

#16 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:39

Hey the pictures you posted were from update 1.5.8, we're on version 1.5.9 can you try updating your app and let me know how you get on, any screenshots from this new version would be great.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#17 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 20:00

the update changed only how it was displayed,this should not change how much i lost,nevertheless i will do another test on that hero,and a low level 30 to compare

#18 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:16

As expected i loss the same amount

[attachment=4887:hero1.PNG]

also here is the report of a level 31

[attachment=4888:hero2.PNG]

i have about 30 heros on my list,random levels,mostly level 30-40

as i said above i get 14k t3 every 4 days-3500 per day

at best i would loose 58*30=1740-most hits i loose more(up to 200),rare to find low hero-200*30=6000

at worst i would loose 382*30=11460

by these calculations it is just not worth it

also to add to this,this is my max deployment-128k troops,this means i send less attacks out each time,and to clear my list,it will now take me all day

it use to take 4-5h sending 500k power to each hero,on which i lost no troops

is this enough to prove that this update has actually made it worse for free players?

Edited by INDeeDO, 20 April 2017 - 02:32.

#19 scuzzyone

scuzzyone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:17

I still enjoy the turrets. and have since upgraded my turrets and the defesive science! 

#20 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:31

I still enjoy the turrets. and have since upgraded my turrets and the defesive science! 

yes it's good for the active player defence,but it also impairs greatly on hero farming(inactives),as explained above,that's why i suggested a solution that supported both

Edited by INDeeDO, 26 April 2017 - 09:32.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: