37 replies to this topic

#1 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 00:48

Heyo everyone!

So I've been trying to figure out what to do on my days off since I've been rather lacking in things to do. So I've decided to invest my time back into the wiki :D

SO! First things first, we need a sort of checklist of sorts. something we can look at and say "hey, that needs some work, let me work on that!"

1. Images - The image base seems to be one of the missing things. That or i cant seem to find it myself. It has been a couple of years lol. https://wiki.fallens...9&action=submit Found it, but almost all the images are broken. Found a few that still have images.
  2. Maps - Not something I've worked on myself, so definitely something id need help with at the very least if someone else doesn't take on the task.
  3. Creature updates - new creatures, stats, drops, etc. as a whole i think everything needs to be checked at the very least. This would probably be the easiest, as the official guide would help a good bit. I've updated the Rat so far XD
  4. Item updates - Pretty much the same as the creature updates, but i think the images will be the biggest part here in my opinion. again, maybe i just cant find the images XD
  5. Page by Page checks - Probably the most tedious part of this entire thing, going page by page to make sure everything is in order. Probably what ill start off with once i find or get access to the image list.

Im sure I've missed some things, but these were just some off the top of my head. Please feel free to suggest things to add on to the list and if you feel like joining in on this venture!

Hopefully we can all work together on this, but at the least ill have something to do lol.

Attached Thumbnails

• forumstart.png

Edited by goolsby7, 18 November 2017 - 00:08.

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#2 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:15

Why?

I for one, invested the last two years of my life on it. Adding stuff.

I didn't have much else to do since I'm sort of handicapped having been injured at work.

And then it all got erased. The last 4 years. Wiped clean.

It's a terrible shame. May be worth doing so ata

Edited by cucullainn, 15 November 2017 - 03:16.

#3 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:07

Why?

I for one, invested the last two years of my life on it. Adding stuff.

I didn't have much else to do since I'm sort of handicapped having been injured at work.

And then it all got erased. The last 4 years. Wiped clean.

It's a terrible shame. May be worth doing so ata

Well, its still one of the go-tos for a lot of people, even in its dilapidated state. Yes, the loss was huge, more so for those who have invested time in it. however, repairing it would be the right thing to do in my opinion. 

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#4 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:39

I'd make a personal wiki so it's stored on a dedicated server that is up to date not 3 years old so when something happens it don't get erased v.v 

Edited by Anonemesis, 15 November 2017 - 07:39.

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 15:09

I'd make a personal wiki so it's stored on a dedicated server that is up to date not 3 years old so when something happens it don't get erased v.v 

I believe that a "plan b" has been implemented since this disaster.  I personally never used it that much as the UFSG suits my needs and Windy's gear guide covers more range....  I had copied that guide into a Google doc and shared it, which has since been passed around,  it would be a good replacement for the previous setup guide....  It's still stored in my drive, but will need editing for newly added items.  Mail me to be linked.

Edited by BadPenny, 15 November 2017 - 15:09.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 justwis

justwis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 17:58

The wiki is in horrible shape. The ultimate guide slightly lacks in some areas. Mostly just not being updated very soon when new content is added.

#7 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 19:21

The ultimate guide is only that in name when it was introduced when we lost the other site i dont think the cows realised how much data would need to be added to even come close to the old site...and they havent done anything since has more holes then a sieve ....the wiki was ok for some things but not all info was accurate

#8 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 20:42

I know it is taking forever and a day for the Official Guide to get updated. However, if the new players learn to use the two together. They should be able to figure out where they need to go.

I used both. Was able to level around Karthak and Mount Volmar. Then used both to go back and finish the quest. It's a game. It should be fun. Why does everyone need someone to hold their hand when trying to navigate FS. Plus. It's not entirely rocket science

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:58

The site that Crace created and plenty of us updated was far more (for it's day) informative than the UFSG ... 

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#10 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:16

The site that Crace created and plenty of us updated was far more (for it's day) informative than the UFSG ... 

yeah it was and i loved helping updating it

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:41

An admirable goal goolsby7. One I think your fellow players ought to get behind, instead of derailing the thread.

~ Grim

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 15:59

I'm only trying to help, sorry if I caused a problem.  Unfortunately, I'm only good at reading these kinds of things, posting and updating is for other people.  I wish you good fortune, goolsby.

And again, I have a Google doc for hunting setups from level 1 to wherever Windbattle was when he "retired"  Anyone is welcome to be linked and it would be a good replacement for the previous setup list.  It just needs new items added... 

Edited by BadPenny, 17 November 2017 - 21:11.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#13 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 23:13

An admirable goal goolsby7. One I think your fellow players ought to get behind, instead of derailing the thread.

~ Grim

I don't think its derailing, but more of people expressing their opinions. Although admittedly i was hopping for some more people to find this that would like to help. Not that im condemning those who have replied so far :o

I'm only trying to help, sorry if I caused a problem.  Unfortunately, I'm only good at reading these kinds of things, posting and updating is for other people.  I wish you good fortune, goolsby.

And again, I have a Google doc for hunting setups from level 1 to wherever Windbattle was when he "retired"  Anyone is welcome to be linked and it would be a good replacement for the previous setup list.  It just needs new items added... 

If you would, would you kindly send me a link for that? :D

Edited by goolsby7, 17 November 2017 - 23:14.

#14 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 23:22

Thought i had a post in here maybe not. Love the wiki rip. Guess they don't wanna compensate people for their time for reviving it when they buried peoples hard work.

you might have, there was another post or maybe 2 before i refreshed after signing in again but i dont remember by who

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 00:18

Whose in favor of HCS compensating those who revive the wiki? example show an admin a wiki page... admin approves page... page goes live... player compensated.

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 November 2017 - 00:27.

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:34

For the benefit of all:

https://goo.gl/6tujE6

It's not pretty, just the list in its entirety copied from the SA forum into a more manageable document.  Feel free to modify at your leisure, and recruit one of these kind  knowlegeable EoC players to add further setups where this ends.  

The wiki was invaluable to many, and as has been mentioned, in combination with the UFSG, an important resource.  It would be nice if many of the lost entries could be recovered or duplicated, and other resources recently lost such as Mowglik's guides, for example, could be incorporated as well.  The wiki was OUR resource, made by players AND staff (iirc), it can become better than ever if everybody works together...

Edited by BadPenny, 18 November 2017 - 01:36.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#17 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:26

For the benefit of all:

https://goo.gl/6tujE6

thank you for sharing this

without expecting compensation

#18 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:51

I do what I do for love.  There's no better reason, no currency as precious.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#19 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:40

An admirable goal goolsby7.

+1

Any assurances this time that years of work won't be lost?

#20 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 15:30

+1

Any assurances this time that years of work won't be lost?

one would hope so.  I know that we were promised that there would never be another rollback back in 2008, hopefully this holds true for our wiki now, knock on wood.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: