3 replies to this topic

#1 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:41

So composing totally turned invented potions into dead content. Could we possily see new invented potions that rival composing and give players some more options when it comes to potions. Possibly some new plants too? Maybe somehow forced them to be used in certain things. It will cause the game to diversify. If not force give an overwhelming advantage. Kind of like vision on dark maps.

If this is considered some more component slots along side it would be a bonus.

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 August 2017 - 07:45.

#2 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:06

i recently got back into pot making last week or so i pretty much try to make all that you can and seriously 1k componant slots isnt no where need enough anymore because so many potions require so many ingredients and there scattered all over ..you find yourself boncing between potions and realms trying to maxmise the componants you get so its cost effective..there is also a lot of redunant potions now either through the game growing or because of chests or composing that there useless even to a new player.. that is realm based and caved based potions ..

the potentional to do some great things are there but alas stuff like this is always pushed to the back burner when it could actually bring life back to the caves and pot making as a whole

#3 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:24

I actually like this idea.

A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away I collected the recipes and began inventing what I thought were useful worthwhile pots for the 'average player' but it wasn't long before I abandoned that activity as a waste of time quite frankly.

Composing has done all sorts of wonderous things when you reach EOC in that domain, however the basic Inventing of potions has been seriously neglected. There are 3 potions still worthwhile purely because they don't pop up in composing and that's Berserk,Fury and DarkCurse. No need to bounce them up in my opinion but I can't even remember what others are available cos they are so twanky.. a LF50, useless DullEdge50 and stuff like that, who makes that gunk seriously and why bother if not trying to kill time?

So yeah, please do a few tweaks to INVENTING via Recipes asap, it's long overdue.

#4 Lupp0

Lupp0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:06

I would love to see some changes here aswell.

Like stated above, composing made a lot of potions redundant, some have been for years already and can basically just be removed.. because nobody makes or uses them at all.
The only reason people might make them is to free up component space because they don't feel like destroying extractions.

A lot of potions that where bought by many people before, are now somewhat useless and hold no more value due to composing (another facet of the game 'killed' so to say), they are a waste of stamina/time to make.

And i want to add: make it more simple.

Right now, for some of the potions, you need 6 different extractions.

So people with hardly no upgrades to composing slots will never be able to make a decent amount at the same time.

And all brewers know, the profits these days is in the amount you can make in 1 go, since you need good buffs to brew some of the potions and want to earn back those investments AND try to make some profit atleast.

The rewards/profits are very minimal if you cannot brew like 50 potions at the same time, and even then, they are small.

Not saying the potions should become more expensive, but make it worthwhile.

We need more people to be able to supply the market, this way there is a healthy competition between brewers, and not only some with maxed out component slots that can dominate the market.

And for the people who think i envy them reading this (i know of atleast 2 players, or 1 with a dual account, you know who you are..) i've been maxed out for years, and can dominate the market if i please.

I want this market to be open to new players, and not only the ones who spend 1000's of fsp on the game for upgrades.

This should have been adressed a very long time ago to be honest.

And specially since the introduction of composing.

Make it open to everybody, and for big brewers like me, add some more composing slots please :)

It's a nightmare for me at the moment as an inventor with all the extractions i cannot destroy.

Edited by Lupp0, 16 August 2017 - 04:32.

RYUVWTI.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: