41 replies to this topic

#21 Nemesis

Nemesis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 19:54

I would say two things that I would want to get prioritized are:

1) New attack System that we were promised so long ago that just kind of disappeared.

2) Expansion on Avatar.

More specifically, something like customizing equipment by slots. And other stuff lol

#22 lisit

lisit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 21:18

new use for crystals ( crystal entity drops)

players can use them to gain temporary boost in a combat ability

#23 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 21:12

I said this in the last thread. Putting it here just in case it is not counted.

If we have to have one update, I would want to an update that acts as a money revenue for the game to generate funds and in turn generate more updates and to be able to reinvest in upping HCS activity on the site. When you sit down with hoofmaster for the road plan, I guess you guys can figure out what that is. Something that adds benefit to the players while also adding revenue to HCS, surely that is not a bad compromise. You are a company with a team of people. Brainstorm.

Maybe truly getting the auction system 100% working and do some decent unique item sales that are worthwhile for the player. I don't want an update that leaves us high and dry for years after it. I want one that leads to getting the game off its knees and puts in systems that increases its value to HCS, so they spend more time on it. That is just me though, I prefer to think long term rather then instant gratification. The game needs some love and attention and you will win back good will from some people possibly who in turn, buy platinum.

That would be the logical approach

#24 Ayo

Ayo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:21

1. Would be nice to see spectral items again.

2. New item tier for lvl 90 (Crystal exchange), new war fare set (Full) and new Boss with item drops

2.1. So basicly 3 diferent sets which should be equal in their power! WF set has an edge in in WL but not             as good in Hive

2.2. New hunting mobs with crystal drops for crafting new tier

3. More Achievments, for different acpects of game!

4. Bring the HOF records from wiki inside game as an automatic update from now.

5. Make the boring wl!!! NOT boring ;)

#25 Kuma

Kuma

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:53

1. New attack system that was started before should be finished and added.

2. More avatar weapons/armors.

3. I would actually appreciate a new and improved messaging system...as well as forums.

4. In WL...perhaps show the percentage of capture in a seperate corner from guards.

#26 Steven

Steven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 21:07

Unfortunatly I can't pick one single thing for an update. There is that much stuff this game could have I cannot choose, although I can help set some sort of plan I think that would help Legacy....

1) I think Legacy should have 1 large update every 6 months. (Achievements, attack system, hunting, shops, items etc) 1-2 weeks worth of work.

2) Legacy should have a small update every 3 months (Image updates, new items in shops, additional achievements, a new WL map design and buildings) 2-3 days worth of work.

3) The plat store needs to be updated once a month with a few new boosts or unlocks, items, bundles, special deals and offers. 1-2 days of work.

4) A blog from zorg at least once a week, maybe even Hoof to show his face would be nice. 30 minutes.

3650 working hours a year from a huge team. We are asking for 2-350 of those. :)

#27 Teeg

Teeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 17:20

Here is a list that people have been waiting to see happen for awhile. #1 and #2 would most likely be smushed into 1 update though.

1) Hmm well the attack system needs an update since that has been waiting the longest for an update, and would be a major update.  Can work on perfecting it in dev, after all that's what dev is for.

2) New av gear ( including wl gear, gang gear, and av gear in general) since Scythes are the be all end all in this game.Would be nie to have a rock-paper-scissors effect with the new gear. Take for instance that rail guns are better than scythes, but are worse than c.bombs, while c.bombs are better than chains, but are worse than c.swords. So each wep basically has a counter.

3) level 90 NPC's that were promised over 2 years ago.

4) WL achievements.

5) Bring back spectrals, dev too.

#28 Anialator

Anialator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Badge
  • Lao People's Democratic Republic

Posted 08 October 2013 - 00:59

So. You may have heard about the notorious WL Boycott thread in Main, if you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it for an interesting read. A discussion has been opened in the Online Chat to discuss a way to return some balance to the wasteland, and i've been asked to bring forward the two systems that were recommended;

- Activity Reward System:

This system was suggested by Paxed. In short, each week the 4 gangs get a set number of credits, which are divided amongst the gang based on their warfare points, IE a player who gets 5% of the total warfare points for that gang, gets 5% of the credits. This means, that the gang with the least number of active players, will get the highest amount of credits per person, encouraging players to move to a less active gang to earn a greater share of the credits.

We know you are not a fan of players getting something for nothing, and that we need to be removing credits from the game rather than adding on, so these credits would be supplied by the members of each gang, so for example it the credits given each week were 10k, the credits removed from each player would be 10k / number of players in the gang. (with > x value credits on hand) This would take a small number of credits, approx 8 - 10c a week, and would redistribute them to the active players.

Edit: Suggestions forum thread here: http://www.legacy-ga...ugg&t=43909&p=0

- HQ Proximity System:

This one is more straight forward, the further a player gets from their gangs HQ, the less effective they become in combat, much like the guards, for example you could have 5% fat at 5+ squares distance and 10% fat at 10+ squares. In addition we could even have new buildings that remove this debuff, say a "Silo" that stops the debuff occuring within a 5 square radius. Would allow for a new spin on warfare strategy.

---

Ideally I would hope for both of these things to occur to allow a permanent and most importantly fair way to manage balance in the Wasteland.

Edited by Anialator, 08 October 2013 - 00:59.

2zges12.jpg

Anialator - (War Master of The Chapter - Legacy Online)

#29 TimeTrx

TimeTrx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:46

So. You may have heard about the notorious WL Boycott thread in Main, if you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it for an interesting read. A discussion has been opened in the Online Chat to discuss a way to return some balance to the wasteland, and i've been asked to bring forward the two systems that were recommended;

This system was suggested by Paxed. In short, each week the 4 gangs get a set number of credits, which are divided amongst the gang based on their warfare points, IE a player who gets 5% of the total warfare points for that gang, gets 5% of the credits. This means, that the gang with the least number of active players, will get the highest amount of credits per person, encouraging players to move to a less active gang to earn a greater share of the credits.

We know you are not a fan of players getting something for nothing, and that we need to be removing credits from the game rather than adding on, so these credits would be supplied by the members of each gang, so for example it the credits given each week were 10k, the credits removed from each player would be 10k / number of players in the gang. (with > x value credits on hand) This would take a small number of credits, approx 8 - 10c a week, and would redistribute them to the active players.

- HQ Proximity System:

This one is more straight forward, the further a player gets from their gangs HQ, the less effective they become in combat, much like the guards, for example you could have 5% fat at 5+ squares distance and 10% fat at 10+ squares. In addition we could even have new buildings that remove this debuff, say a "Silo" that stops the debuff occuring within a 5 square radius. Would allow for a new spin on warfare strategy.

---

Ideally I would hope for both of these things to occur to allow a permanent and most importantly fair way to manage balance in the Wasteland.

Yes this would be great. This gets my vote.

#30 CroFighter

CroFighter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Croatia

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:47

- HQ Proximity System:

---

This get -1 for me. dont have the time to write everything down, so i'll write just 1 of the many reason's that are on my mind right now.

- taking c's from all the member's in the gang isn't fair, even if it's 1c per week. because there are many player's in a gang that didn't enter in wl for like an eternity and not because they dont have the time, but simply cause they dont like it. so where's the point in taking c's from those player's? 

28b79k6.gif

#31 HanzoRazor

HanzoRazor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:04

This get -1 for me. dont have the time to write everything down, so i'll write just 1 of the many reason's that are on my mind right now.

- taking c's from all the member's in the gang isn't fair, even if it's 1c per week. because there are many player's in a gang that didn't enter in wl for like an eternity and not because they dont have the time, but simply cause they dont like it. so where's the point in taking c's from those player's? 

Edit: Sorry, got a bit off topic, in short I agree with BUBI here.  The numbers ani has don't work considering that more than 1000 of our gang members are inactive level 1s, likely with no credits anyway, probably the same situations across all gangs.  This raises the price significantly enough to impact low level players.

Updates:  

1.  Anything to allow differentiation among avatars.  More in depth combat system, new gear with significant differences, or both working together.

2. If something else, I wouldn't mind seeing gear for lowbies in the warfare rewards gang shop alongside the expo removal.  Granted it's not as needed at lower levels, so maybe just a couple in the 40-70 range.  It's not as unreliable as hunting, they don't have to be as overpowered as the original wf weapons, and it gives lowbies something to seriously work towards in the WL, meaning that they will play, and hopefully continue wl through avatar.  As it is all they can really do is WL more or sell blue pills.  All avs can do is WL more, but then they can fight while in WL.

Edited by HanzoRazor, 08 October 2013 - 14:27.

#32 Bongo

Bongo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 October 2013 - 19:34

Updates:  

1.  Anything to allow differentiation among avatars.  More in depth combat system, new gear with significant differences, or both working together.

2. If something else, I wouldn't mind seeing gear for lowbies in the warfare rewards gang shop alongside the expo removal.  Granted it's not as needed at lower levels, so maybe just a couple in the 40-70 range.  It's not as unreliable as hunting, they don't have to be as overpowered as the original wf weapons, and it gives lowbies something to seriously work towards in the WL, meaning that they will play, and hopefully continue wl through avatar.  As it is all they can really do is WL more or sell blue pills.  All avs can do is WL more, but then they can fight while in WL.

Agree on both points. 1st is more important though. There needs to be a way to improve your character, caps on gear (titan, 2 scythe, 2 ammys) and stats (after all abilities learnt) essentially remove the RPG elements from the game. There is no way to give your character identity outside of their character design. Would love to see some more stat allocation variety (weapon skill maybe?) and a fix for the Speed stat to actually make it useful.

#33 bakura

bakura

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2013 - 23:11

i would like to see price caps so that things cant be overpriced -_-

#34 Tyson

Tyson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:19

Legacy still has areas which can be improved to make the game more appealing to the eye graphically and more enjoyable with a few tweaks here and there. I believe Steven has made some great examples of some graphics you could introduce which was highly liked around the community. Take a look if you haven't already. I'd like to see:

1. New attack system you was working on implemented
  2. A fully revamped Market Place i.e graphics wise and more functionality
  3. Different avatar weapons, armor and misc items
  4. Level 90 boss
  5. I think just a major graphics update in general would do be a nice addition

#35 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 00:55

increase revenue will depend heavily on improving game economy, which in turn means desirable gear.   just about every game including FS    depends on new gear for revenue generation and to keep interest.   This also will reward activity, which is good thing imho.   Currently,  legacy reward inactivity, rather than activity.  this has to change.

broken area include  WFP   award system and such can be fixed via new gear that uses wfp and crystals.      and gears that can be bot more customizable using slots and such .  One idea was to use gang weapon with new av upgrade, with upgrade requiring   wfp and crystals.  (as well as rep)   

The other thing you should be able to do, is to purchase time served via currency.    this means  ability points need to be able to be purchased.     This is time honored system for  revenue generation in just about every game.  

The other big issue is gang balance in WL.    this is tough one to solve though many ideas have been bandied about.  

frankly,  current combat system is fine.   it is simple and works.   lets work on stuff that will require minimal work with biggest impact first. 

#36 wester

wester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:25

what did u do with the attack system we had on dev a few years ago it was nice and worked well from what i seen.

#37 Nastasha

Nastasha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:29

I was glad to finally stumble across this topic, and see that a number of the above items have been addressed/added.

Yes, this is a DtD topic and I have brought it up directly before, but I highly suggest HCS re-consider adding a 5TH GANG!

I know you want more player retention/participation to hold player capacity for 5 gangs, but havn't you considered that perhaps current new players find their choices lacking?!?!?!?!

As a recent new player, I can say that gang selection/participation is both overwhelming as well as lacking at the same time...

A 5th gang will add more diversity, and make alliances/ power imbalances more interesting and equalized. Even numbers are... well boring and perdictable.

AND make sure that new players are NOT auto-added to a specific gang. Give them a chance to pick on their own gang! Direct them to the wikis, and let the magic happen. Let them battle the rats and hobos as a rogue, then at level 10 or so give them an oppertunity to further custimize their toon (by letting them select the gang). Direct new players to the wikies, or even the brief gang discription and select their gang (one of 5 choices, 6 if you give them the chance to start as "rogue). Hell even make switching gangs cost unbound Plats!

However of course if one gang's active Avatar numbers/ level total greatly outnumbers the other gangs, lock that gang choice and encourage them to pick one of the other gangs or select "random" or Rogue.

I sincerely believe this will be a very worthwhile and moderately simple modification that will greatly improve player retention, contribute to old player veriaty/diversity, and balance out gang power imbalances.

(Optional: Couple this with letting current players do graphic contests to give basic foundational design conscepts to a HCS vote- new gang logo- gang Leader outfit pieces, gang color etc. and you have an opperunity to breath new life into the game for old players!)

Please don't simply write this off as a DtD topic. It is brought up continuously for a reason...

Less esthetics, more fixes!

#WeThePeople!

www.bit.ly/WTP-Roadmap

#38 Scott

Scott

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:46

I was glad to finally stumble across this topic, and see that a number of the above items have been addressed/added.

Yes, this is a DtD topic and I have brought it up directly before, but I highly suggest HCS re-consider adding a 5TH GANG!

I know you want more player retention/participation to hold player capacity for 5 gangs, but havn't you considered that perhaps current new players find their choices lacking?!?!?!?!

As a recent new player, I can say that gang selection/participation is both overwhelming as well as lacking at the same time...

A 5th gang will add more diversity, and make alliances/ power imbalances more interesting and equalized. Even numbers are... well boring and perdictable.

AND make sure that new players are NOT auto-added to a specific gang. Give them a chance to pick on their own gang! Direct them to the wikis, and let the magic happen. Let them battle the rats and hobos as a rogue, then at level 10 or so give them an oppertunity to further custimize their toon (by letting them select the gang). Direct new players to the wikies, or even the brief gang discription and select their gang (one of 5 choices, 6 if you give them the chance to start as "rogue). Hell even make switching gangs cost unbound Plats!

However of course if one gang's active Avatar numbers/ level total greatly outnumbers the other gangs, lock that gang choice and encourage them to pick one of the other gangs or select "random" or Rogue.

I sincerely believe this will be a very worthwhile and moderately simple modification that will greatly improve player retention, contribute to old player veriaty/diversity, and balance out gang power imbalances.

(Optional: Couple this with letting current players do graphic contests to give basic foundational design conscepts to a HCS vote- new gang logo- gang Leader outfit pieces, gang color etc. and you have an opperunity to breath new life into the game for old players!)

Please don't simply write this off as a DtD topic. It is brought up continuously for a reason...

There is no need for a new gang, the player numbers do not suggest we need another gang, it would be wasted time spent on other areas that need an update. Our current system of assigning newbies seems to work fine, and gangs seem to automatically cover the costs if anyone wises to move, I see no reason to remove that personal element. 

Its brought up in DTD - never, its added to DTD because it use to be in the past (2/3 years ago) - if the numbers in Legacy rise dramatically then maybe a new gang will then be considered. 

#39 EliteRoy

EliteRoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 18:13

New gear purchasable with Warfare points, including but not limited to

-gang armour (lower level) as alternate to casino armour for levelling

-gang armour for level 80s, only slight improvement to stats (gang restricted)

-gang amulet (restricted to one per char like weapons)

do NOT make "unique" anything, we need gamewide content not something for a small handful.

#40 zvasbinder

zvasbinder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:19

-New armor and weapons 

-New npc and hunting group that drops something new or better chance of crystals

-48-72 hour spectral once a month or once a wl would be an amazing time

-the attack system that disappeared from happening i guess (would be great for the game to have a real attack system where stats actually matter)

-new abilities (maybe one that unlocks new jobs, or some other things)

would love to see somethings happen to game would give us some faith that the game can be saved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: