Photo

Concerning alternate accounts, is there a limit?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Special Ops

Special Ops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 15:54

Is there any limit at all to how many accounts a single player is allowed to have? When I think of having an alternate account I think of 1 or 2. After all, who has time for more? When considering this policy, was there ever a discussion about where the line would be drawn? Can a player have 5 accounts, giving them the ability to lock up 45 squares with bases and 135 more with outposts? What about 10 accounts? Or 20? What if I player wanted to run more than 30 accounts all by himself and have the power to lock up 1,000+ squares with just his alternate accounts? Is that still encouraged?

#2 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 22:10

well it's a way that the free player can be a paid player,if he has the time

but yes there is a lot of potential for abuse,as seen recently it was used to break up alliance land,that has been solved now(the city gets lowered to 10% health if moved to another region quickly)

Edited by INDeeDO, 29 July 2017 - 22:38.

#3 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2017 - 16:54

We are investigating the issue with many alternate accounts, while we do allow people to have more than 1 account. More than 5 seems excessive, we'll be looking at removing any accounts violating this rule.
  • Zue likes this

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#4 Buffarilla

Buffarilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 15:03

Any ETA on this?  I understand you want to be fair and thorough in your investigation, but the more time these excess alt accounts are allowed to operate the more legitimate players lose.

#5 Zue

Zue

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:55

Any ETA on this?  I understand you want to be fair and thorough in your investigation, but the more time these excess alt accounts are allowed to operate the more legitimate players lose.

Hey Buffarilla,

We understand your concerns, and we hope to have this resolved today.  :)

#6 Micanip009

Micanip009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 August 2017 - 13:05

I wish to raise the point that, though players use alt accounts, as in many games, I think it adds allot to the community, as well as the IGN economy, as well as the opportunity to further success and build upon your main account. As with everything, there is more than enough space, time and room for abuse and excessive use of Abuse.

However as a long time player of Operation: New Earth I have 1 alt at this time and 1 main, I buy Shards on both accounts and always use my alt to bolster and further support my main account as well as my fellow Alliance members. I feel it is important to do as a Leader, and I never abuse the use of my alt.

If we are smart and if we are fair I think that a limit imposed for alts of a maximum of 3 alt accounts is more than enough for someone to manage.

Again, just my view and opinion.

#7 Zath

Zath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 August 2017 - 15:31

I generally don't approve of multi accounts. But that's largely due to many years across many games where some people have dozens or even hundreds of accounts. Kudos to them for their efforts, but it can get ridiculous. I'd support a MAX of 5 alts, no more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: