Photo

PvP Gain.....what does one get for a successful defense?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 tomjiggy67

tomjiggy67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 20:35

I understand gaining PvP Prestige for actually initiating a hit on another player, so why does the player who successfully defends themselves from attacks not gain PvP Prestige? I think it's simple and fair. Yes, I can still put someone on the Bounty Board if I lose in combat, but maybe I shouldn't be able to if I win in combat when I successfully defend myself from an attack, but instead I'd be awarded PvP Prestige(excluding GvG of course).

#2 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 21:54

Interesting idea that I'm not entirely against. But I think the base idea is that people would farm it.

Other than that, every hit should be bountyable. It's like that with Deflect and should be.

Mind you, I rarely bounty, but that's a whole nother topic, lol.

#3 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 00:41

I'm for defensive Prestige. Prestige should also be gained according to stam used only! There's way to much collusion. So defending shuld also gain prestige according to the attackers' stam used.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,828 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:35

I understand gaining PvP Prestige for actually initiating a hit on another player, so why does the player who successfully defends themselves from attacks not gain PvP Prestige?

That's a fair point. I'll talk with Hoofmaster about this. See what he thinks.

#5 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2016 - 16:15

as it is now , if i attack some1 i can gain prestige once per 3 days..

how will this defending and getting it work out ?? 

is it gonna be once per attack, and once per defense against same person per 3 day period..

#6 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2016 - 16:16

and what about multi's attacking their main character with a multi and gaining prestige for no stamina usage ??

#7 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 16:24

is it gonna be once per attack, and once per defense against same person per 3 day period..

if the player defending win,  he/she could gain 1 pvp prestige from that player once every 3 days if by chance that happening, this way it would still "reward" the defender a little for winning and would not be abusable. [at most 11 pvp prestige from that character within 72 hours => 10 winning attacking + 1 winning defending ].

and on bounties the player defending and winning could gain 1 pvp prestige per win and at most 2 pvp prestige defending and winning on that bounty [no matter how many players joined it and how much extra wins on different bounty hunters the defending player got] ... the attacker would still gain 10 pvp prestige for completing the bounty, being 1 pvp prestige per victory as it already is.

*on bb it is double exp loss, so I guess double max capped pvp prestige got winning defending the bounty would sounds fair on it imo, being 1 per time as it also stands to the bounty hunter getting 1 per time too*.

Edited by Kbyte, 27 June 2016 - 16:46.

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,828 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2016 - 16:27

and what about multi's attacking their main character with a multi and gaining prestige for no stamina usage ??

All multi's will be terminated, as per usual. If you suspect such is occurring, contact Support.

#9 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 18:52

As per an earlier argument I had, Prestige needs to be tied to stam used! The xp loss negates any collusion.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#10 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2016 - 20:13

I agree if your character does a successful defense it should get prestige.  There are many prestige farmers out there now in some ladders. I hope the attacking structure is used for players doing  successful defense to get the prestige.  

I do hope the every three day rule and xp loss applies. I think that will discourage abuse.  I do agree bb should still be an option as well.  The reason the player doing the attacking decided to assume the risk of win, lose or draw aspect in doing the attack on a player and if the defending player won the battle successfully bb posting is still an option. ;)  

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 June 2016 - 14:31

I have always thought it unfair that prestige was not awarded to the victor if it was a successful defend. I agree with lou about the reduced amount to avoid manipulation of the system. But it should maybe like the old PvP rating days, whereas that gained point for the defender be deducted from the losing attacker. This could maybe prevent friends and friends of friends from "trading" prestige points. After all, the loser has XP and gold loss and the prospect (for the attacker) of losing up to 5 levels for the hit, the penalty of losing a prestige point should be in the equation as well. (This is just one old lady's opinion. Please don't hate me for saying this.)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#12 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 14:39

With the logic of tying xp loss to prestige gain then we all agree that no prestige points gained when conserve kicks in, right? I mean talk about manipulation. Lol.

#13 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 17:20

I have to say that I **really** would prefer to keep my

PvP Prestige 0

strap line on my bio page. I don't want to lose that to someone who choses to use me to lose their levels.

#14 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 13:15

That's a fair point. I'll talk with Hoofmaster about this. See what he thinks.

please if possible 1st address the OP buffs, especially composing in PvP before introducing anything new to PvP + make sure "it" can not be exploited / abused !!!

I have to say that I **really** would prefer to keep my

PvP Prestige 0

strap line on my bio page. I don't want to lose that to someone who choses to use me to lose their levels.

think you can "reset" your PvP Prestige back to ZERO if you just "use it"

(to activate Prestige click on your Profile on Prestige & then press "ACTIVATE")

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#15 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 21:15

You should still be able to bounty an attacker, even if you win the engagement. I agree you should get prestige for winning attack or defense. Additionally, if the attacker has prestige, the prestige you as the defender gains, comes from the attackers prestige points. 

So say you are supposed to get 10 points for winning (I forget exactly the numbers right now) and the attacker has 15 prestige, you would get 10 of their prestige and they'd have 5 left after the engagement is over.

Say you are attacked by someone with 5 prestige and you win, you would get 5 from them plus another 5 from the game. The attacker would be left with 0.

Edited by SirAdmiral, 04 July 2016 - 21:16.

#16 EvilRisen

EvilRisen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 19:10

i can agree with this idea of a defensive prestige. i like it :)

#17 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:38

If you ask me, prestige in its current form has been played out. Every three days you can run down the players in your range while they're offline and eventually gain enough points for the max allotment. Sure, you take the off chance of getting bountied, but how often does that really happen? 

If you want a 10% boost to your XP...Join the ladder. The prestige pot is 5 tokens. In most bands, that can be earned standing on your head. Leaving it the way it is...it's kind of an annoyance for both parties, with a (very) slow gain for the attacker. Also, it hasn't really put the charge into the bounty board as some would have liked. 

I know, I know...Everyone's gonna hate this idea. I'm used to it. 

#18 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 18:43

I'm curious about something.

I don't PvP, but if someone that does hits  me in a PvP attack thinking they would get prestige off me because they did not look at me to see my protection in place.... Does that hit give me prestige if I win through a successful defense?

That has happened in the past.

Edited by Pythia, 06 July 2016 - 18:44.

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:05

I'm curious about something.

I don't PvP, but if someone that does hits  me in a PvP attack thinking they would get prestige off me because they did not look at me to see my protection in place.... Does that hit give me prestige if I win through a successful defense?

That has happened in the past.

It is clearly stated that xp loss must be a factor. Since GvG hits don't include XP loss, no prestige is awarded. Same holds true if somebody has PvP protection active. I haven't made a prestige run much recently, but in the past if conserve kicked in, no prestige was awarded, (except for bb hits) so I stopped using it for that purpose. idk if this has changed.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#20 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:15

If you ask me, prestige in its current form has been played out. Every three days you can run down the players in your range while they're offline and eventually gain enough points for the max allotment. Sure, you take the off chance of getting bountied, but how often does that really happen? 

If you want a 10% boost to your XP...Join the ladder. The prestige pot is 5 tokens. In most bands, that can be earned standing on your head. Leaving it the way it is...it's kind of an annoyance for both parties, with a (very) slow gain for the attacker. Also, it hasn't really put the charge into the bounty board as some would have liked. 

I know, I know...Everyone's gonna hate this idea. I'm used to it.

I don't make prestige runs so much anymore. 10-25% will bounty, even for a deflected attack, or if they win. A small few will hit back AND bounty, which is not only irritating, but generally frowned upon by the community. Myself, I don't mind the occasional 10 stam hit that comes my way. XP gain generally replaces the lost XP before I ever log in, and the gold was free after all. Never understood why somebody gets bent out of shape over that. Always seemed such a petty thing in a game where PvP is an intergral part.

The reason most don't play the ladder is because it's nonstop 100 stam hits. Unless you have lots of time and money to level back up, there's no way to progress through the game while on the ladder, if it's an active bunch. Seems pointless to me. So I just don't do it. The cost is too great.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: