• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ElfEragon

ElfEragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:09

My suggestion is to change the FSP market and have the gold taken from the player and placed on the market, like what the auction house does. The reason this would be a good idea is because currently players waiting for their gold to be bought are vulnerable to attack. Also this would help players not accidentally spend the gold.  

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:11

would stop players from manipulating the market too.. *thumbs up*

#3 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:30

I don't agree. I see many ways where this could be abused. 

Edited by Melons, 22 December 2014 - 05:30.

#4 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:35

And the idea is to make players vunerable while buying dots, that's the prior idea about how to do Gold Hits.

#5 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:14

This can be exploited by creating a request worth 100,000g per fsp. This would act like a second bank account.

Edited by Maj, 22 December 2014 - 06:16.

#6 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:33

This can be exploited by creating a request worth 100,000g per fsp. This would act like a second bank account.

Exactly. I am not doing gold hits and I guess I never did but this issue/exploit is what shots the idea down in my eyes.

#7 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 14:19

My suggestion is to change the FSP market and have the gold taken from the player and placed on the market, like what the auction house does. The reason this would be a good idea is because currently players waiting for their gold to be bought are vulnerable to attack. Also this would help players not accidentally spend the gold.  

Buy more bank deposits or reset bank deposits or sell gold for a higher price to sell it quicker are only three ideas to leave you less vulnerable to attack. This is a PvP game. Get used to it!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#8 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 17:16

We do this with AH items so why not gold? Even with 13 deposits you can be left with a large amount of gold in hand. However, gold hits are a gold sink so I don't believe the cows will agree to this.

Luis also makes a good point we do have deposit resets available.

Edited by justinian9, 22 December 2014 - 17:18.

#9 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 19:31

hmm great point..

could make it so you can't cancel your request.. or if you do then the gold is lost.. this would make that gold stay in the marketplace till it is fulfilled.. 

..but that doesn't help the idea that gold in hand is good for PvP.. 

the reason why i bring up manipulation of the marketplace is that you can put a request up.. then take the gold off hand and the request will stay up until the MP checks to see if they gold is still in hand (might be every XX:X5 ST)..

if something like the OP's idea was put into place, this would restrict the manipulation that could happen with multiple MP request listings and some gold..

.. also this idea could stop the over cutting that happens when players want to get rid of their gold quick.. which pumps up the price of FSP even higher..

..but maybe more manipulation could occur, i can't tell at this point..

Edited by RebornJedi, 22 December 2014 - 19:31.

#10 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 21:38

?i like the idea but then how will gold prices sky rocket?... i have all bank deposits so i do what a normal person would do take advantage of them all and after im done depositing my gold i usually have 200-400k sometimes more.... if this idea were implemented i would just wait until my gold sold at a much lower price if it does even. but if it were to happen who says prices wont go up meaning more people will leave there offer on there and so on.

#11 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:54

Another problem with this idea is it circumvents the limit on the amount of gold you can safely set aside when using bank deposits (which is 25% of gold-in-hand) because you can escrow an unlimited amount of gold with this. A 100,000g-per-fsp listing would just sit in the marketplace forever until it is cancelled. So, this eliminates the need to upgrade extra deposits and makes banks and deposits obsolete.

#12 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 18:26

Why do folks go out of their way to avoid every little bit of risk in the game? The risk is the whole point! what a terrible idea!

Don't like the risk please go watch paint dry instead of playing. Sorry if this sounds like trolling but am tired of these kinds of ridiculous ideas that try to eliminate every last bit of fun from the game.

As others have already mentioned, very exploitable, also, increase deposits, have your guild mates help with carrying gold, placing market requests, etc, it is after all a team game! Use your imagination on how to deal with the situation. For crying out loud gear and buff up while you hold the gold instead of lazily sitting in epics and then crying about getting hit and losing gold!

#13 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 20:23

hmm great point..

could make it so you can't cancel your request.. or if you do then the gold is lost.. this would make that gold stay in the marketplace till it is fulfilled.. 

..but that doesn't help the idea that gold in hand is good for PvP.. 

the reason why i bring up manipulation of the marketplace is that you can put a request up.. then take the gold off hand and the request will stay up until the MP checks to see if they gold is still in hand (might be every XX:X5 ST)..

if something like the OP's idea was put into place, this would restrict the manipulation that could happen with multiple MP request listings and some gold..

.. also this idea could stop the over cutting that happens when players want to get rid of their gold quick.. which pumps up the price of FSP even higher..

..but maybe more manipulation could occur, i can't tell at this point..

Even if the request can't be cancelled, it'll still serve as free 'bank deposit' without the 25% gold-in-hand restriction from normal bank deposits. If you have 5,000,000 gold-in-hand, just create a request at 205,000g x 24 and your gold is safe. With a marketplace listing upgrade worth only 10 fsp compared to a bank deposit upgrade at 50 fsp, you'll never have to purchase another bank deposit ever again.

I see the point about price manipulation, but there has to be another way to address this problem without negatively affecting another segment of the game (gold-hits) and hcs's bottom line (purchase of deposit upgrades).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: