Photo

Suggested new addition to the Daily Quest

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Suggested new addition to the Daily Quest (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes (30 votes [69.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.77%

2. No (13 votes [30.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 chunk1

chunk1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 00:24

Hi. I wanted to suggest adding a re-roll option to the Daily Quest for FSP. For example, I get a DQ I don't to do/isn't worth it. I have the option to re-roll to get a new random one for say 2 fsp. Re-roll option only applies to DQ that hasn't been started yet. Maybe Re-roll option can only be used once every 48 hours? 

That is my suggestion. What does everyone else think?

Edited by chunk1, 17 April 2017 - 00:28.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 April 2017 - 00:49

Hi. I wanted to suggest adding a re-roll option to the Daily Quest for FSP. For example, I get a DQ I don't to do/isn't worth it. I have the option to re-roll to get a new random one for say 2 fsp. Re-roll option only applies to DQ that hasn't been started yet. Maybe Re-roll option can only be used once every 48 hours? 

That is my suggestion. What does everyone else think?

I think this has been suggested before ?

Personally, I'd say no. If you don't like the DQ on offer, simply don't do it ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 chunk1

chunk1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:01

@Paradoux I didn't know it was suggested before. It's just a way for players to spend their fsp. They don't have to reroll or do the DQ. Was thinking they can buy re-roll once every 2 days or week or something. Or maybe you can buy rerolls with real money like fsp? Allows HCS to make money too

#4 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:29

I like this idea :)

og3DxyP.gif

#5 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:02

I see no reason why not. It's an FSP sink for one. Something the cows won't object to. And something that allows people another shot at something they want to do is harmless IMO. Bit of extra activity isn't a bad thing. :)

Great suggestion. :)

#6 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 19:15

I wasn't here when the DQs were first introduced, but it seems to me like the whole point of them was to create more activity in different areas of the game. I'm finding myself titan hunting and SE hunting more cause of them. 

Allowing the option to re-roll might just defeat the whole purpose of that.

I'd support a re-roll where you have a chance to get a higher rarity DQ, but it has to be the same objective. 

For example, "Common" Kill 1 SE +200 current stam. Reroll-->"Rare" Kill 3 SE +800 current stam. Something like that. 

Edited by Melons, 17 April 2017 - 19:19.

#7 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2017 - 19:25

Great idea, I had been thinking about this option myself and mulling it over with a few friends, glad you made the poll!

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:02

Although I like the idea, Hoof has firmly stated this won't happen. I'm glad you brought it up though, maybe if enough of us agree, he'll change his mind. Those of us who have been here forever can remember when the list of things that will never happen included more stam gain (we have epics now), no pvp protection (24 hours is 200k in gold upgrades), no individual skill resets.... I'm sure there are others I can't remember right now as I have Old Timer's disorder and my memory is sometimes faulty...

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#9 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:23

I wasn't here when the DQs were first introduced, but it seems to me like the whole point of them was to create more activity in different areas of the game. I'm finding myself titan hunting and SE hunting more cause of them. 

Allowing the option to re-roll might just defeat the whole purpose of that.

I'd support a re-roll where you have a chance to get a higher rarity DQ, but it has to be the same objective. 

For example, "Common" Kill 1 SE +200 current stam. Reroll-->"Rare" Kill 3 SE +800 current stam. Something like that. 

YES PLEASE. 

If we are to talk about FSP sink, make it 5 fsp and guaranteed a higher rating requirement and reward but same task.

Some buy current stam, most upgrade max stam. Spending 5 fsp would mean the same, you upgrade the DQ to be able do more and get a better reward. 

#10 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:57

YES PLEASE. 

If we are to talk about FSP sink, make it 5 fsp and guaranteed a higher rating requirement and reward but same task.

Some buy current stam, most upgrade max stam. Spending 5 fsp would mean the same, you upgrade the DQ to be able do more and get a better reward. 

You DO realise that some of the HIGHER rating DQ's actual give a LESSER reward than LOWER rated DQ's, don't you ? ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#11 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:48

You DO realise that some of the HIGHER rating DQ's actual give a LESSER reward than LOWER rated DQ's, don't you ? ;)

Yes there are certainly some like break down and invent or even ones that reward tokens lol.

But it wouldn't be like a permanent upgrade, you choose to upgrade DQ when you see one you like. For eg. I could get a Kill 6 pvp targets fof 1k stam. I would love to kill 25 people and get 3-4k stam instead. Others like for SEs if the reward and requirement is higher I feel better about using a LF 1k+ for its full duration, same with travel DQs. 

If you hit legendary on the reroll you could get a fsp upgrade as reward too. So if you get a titan DQ and you gonna try and secure or clean up one instead of doing the bare minimum, why not get a better reward and in a way increase your stam efficiency.

Edited by SiddXIV, 18 April 2017 - 10:54.

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:40

I wanted to suggest adding a re-roll option to the Daily Quest for FSP. For example, I get a DQ I don't to do/isn't worth it. I have the option to re-roll to get a new random one for say 2 fsp. Re-roll option only applies to DQ that hasn't been started yet. Maybe Re-roll option can only be used once every 48 hours?

This does not sound too bad. 2 FSP and a 48 hour cooldown on the option sounds alright. We'll watch what the Community think of this idea.

~ Grim

#13 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:02

Pretty good idea. I like the suggestion melons had of keeping common goal, and reroll changing rarity. Again, I suggest new quest is added to promote bounty smashing. Answer I heard prior was that PvP had its promotion via hit active player quest, but that's not the same. I was shocked not to receive overwhelming support by a majority of players "crying about bounty board functionality "for years.

#14 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 April 2017 - 15:25

3fsp or 500k gold 

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 April 2017 - 15:31

Don't see us offering it for gold. We have plenty of Gold Sinks in play these days.

~ Grim

#16 Skullman307

Skullman307

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:37

I like the idea. I personally get too many of these that aren't worth doing, or that I just plain won't do, so being able to re-roll them once in a while would be nice.

kieiz0i.png

#17 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2017 - 13:06

I like the idea. I personally get too many of these that aren't worth doing, or that I just plain won't do, so being able to re-roll them once in a while would be nice.

Too many like this, for example :rolleyes:

Daily Quest
[ Rare ]
Defeat 500 Champion creatures
0 / 500
Gain +225 Allegiance Tokens

#18 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2017 - 13:15

I like this idea :)

#19 CharleyHorse

CharleyHorse

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 16:59

So what happens when you reroll and get another lousy DQ???? That is money/FSP's wasted no thanks....

#20 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2017 - 18:09

So what happens when you reroll and get another lousy DQ???? That is money/FSP's wasted no thanks....

You wouldn't have to reroll it if you didn't want too :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: