43 replies to this topic

#21 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 22:39

If a player join a guild, he won't be able to hit or get hit on a GvG for 7 days...(Can even make it 2 or 3 days)...How people gonna exploit that?

Just need to have a sign besides the player name, in the Guild page, so if other guilds are trying to check for targets before starting a GvG, they will know to not consider those players.

#22 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 01:35

If a player join a guild, he won't be able to hit or get hit on a GvG for 7 days...(Can even make it 2 or 3 days)...How people gonna exploit that?

Just need to have a sign besides the player name, in the Guild page, so if other guilds are trying to check for targets before starting a GvG, they will know to not consider those players.

Simply have their guild members leave right before the cooldown expires and a guild can be invulnerable after getting tons of rating.

#23 ColtColt

ColtColt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 03:55

So make it impossible for the player to return to the same guild for some period

Simply have their guild members leave right before the cooldown expires and a guild can be invulnerable after getting tons of rating.

#24 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 16 June 2022 - 12:58

Been thinking, 4 active ( and eligible to be hit , its 50 or above I beleive? ) members for a guild to initiate conflicts and be ranked on the gvg leaderboard?

If the # goes below 4, they can't initiate or show on the rankings/ leaderboard. This could be tweaked I guess? Just a suggestion, as I've seen various dead guilds with 1 player or guilds with players under level 50, sitting on the rating leaderboard.

Gvg rating decay? Be active or drop in rankings. Simple.

As has been mentioned previously, guild lock players or a gvg cooldown if they leave a guild could be ideal. I think the 4 active minimum could help with that?

Nice to see some good discussions on the forums

Some great Ideas from T as always.

Cheers!

~ Maeh

#25 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 15:11

how do you stop a guild starting a gvg and then deleveling so the other guild cant fight back i have seen this happen twice. and alot who comment in here where involved in that happening some where the defending guild who couldn't hit back. and others were in the guild who did it. not saying names.

#26 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 15:26

how do you stop a guild starting a gvg and then deleveling so the other guild cant fight back i have seen this happen twice. and alot who comment in here where involved in that happening some where the defending guild who couldn't hit back. and others were in the guild who did it. not saying names.

This has been suggested on the first page. Also they can fight back, they just have to de-level aswell.

#27 IVANIDAS

IVANIDAS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 June 2022 - 21:40

A good read  :wub:

1XUAuwf.png

#28 Arioche

Arioche

Producer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2022 - 08:12

Hello everyone!

I've been reading through this thread and taking notes. I'll be sure to bring it up to the team to discuss what we can do to help breathe some life into GvG.

Once again, thank you for your continued feedback  :)

#29 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 08:59

Can't help thinking some of those pots are skewed against the effort of composing or donating. For example titan doubler, teleport and buff enhancer. Not saying everything else is a bad idea but from a guild that's against power creep it seems a tad weird.

Just hope the cows take that into account. :)

#30 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 19:56

Can't help thinking some of those pots are skewed against the effort of composing or donating. For example titan doubler, teleport and buff enhancer. Not saying everything else is a bad idea but from a guild that's against power creep it seems a tad weird.

Just hope the cows take that into account. :)

They were purposely skewed lower than the best available that you have mentioned. These are RP packs so Distil is not a factor. 

You can reach TD 203, TP230 and BE 575 through composing or donating.

These are also very costly packs, they need to be decreased in price by 25% in my opinion. You can achieve these packs through teamwork as a guild.

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 June 2022 - 19:58.

#31 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 June 2022 - 07:50

I'm not sure what you want me to say. I'd rather the cows took it into account than you. Nothing more, nothing less. It's a forum after all, a place for expressing views. That was mine, and that was all I asked.

#32 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 June 2022 - 18:05

I'm not sure what you want me to say. I'd rather the cows took it into account than you. Nothing more, nothing less. It's a forum after all, a place for expressing views. That was mine, and that was all I asked.

I'm glad you are expressing your opinion however I was just correcting the record because they are not potions as you stated. Therefore there is no power creep on the skills you mentioned as they are lower than the best available.

Have a great fathers day.

#33 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 June 2022 - 06:01

While I can certainly understand the want for a reduction in the proposed RP Prices, the prices presented were picked so as to help RP maintain a reasonable value. If we reduce the cost of RP packs that provide a greater benefit to the players, then nobody would ever touch the RP Items/Epics again as the value of uptime on any potential RP Packs would vastly outweigh the minor gain in those mentioned Epics.

By taking the market value of the RP Items that currently sell at ~0.5 FSP per RP and applying a "payout structure" to those items the way Guilds in-game currently do, you'll find that a 300 RP Buff Pack comes out to about an average of ~0.593 FSP per RP. (Minimum being ~0.46 FSP per RP; Maximum being ~0.72 FSP per RP)

I didn't toss out ideas for any additional rewards (the aforementioned potions) as I believe those would need to be thought out a little bit more as far as what's affected by them. With that said, there are some unused chests laying around from a scrapped Ladder Seasons event that could make an appearance...

#34 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 13:23

While I can certainly understand the want for a reduction in the proposed RP Prices, the prices presented were picked so as to help RP maintain a reasonable value. If we reduce the cost of RP packs that provide a greater benefit to the players, then nobody would ever touch the RP Items/Epics again as the value of uptime on any potential RP Packs would vastly outweigh the minor gain in those mentioned Epics.

By taking the market value of the RP Items that currently sell at ~0.5 FSP per RP and applying a "payout structure" to those items the way Guilds in-game currently do, you'll find that a 300 RP Buff Pack comes out to about an average of ~0.593 FSP per RP. (Minimum being ~0.46 FSP per RP; Maximum being ~0.72 FSP per RP)

I didn't toss out ideas for any additional rewards (the aforementioned potions) as I believe those would need to be thought out a little bit more as far as what's affected by them. With that said, there are some unused chests laying around from a scrapped Ladder Seasons event that could make an appearance...

Most people won't look at RP packs as = to FSP. They will look at it as cutting out of their profit. It's good to keep that in mind.

The rewards for winning or placing well in GvG seasons will have to be VAST to outweigh this mindset.

Edited by EpicPiety, 21 June 2022 - 13:39.

#35 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:14

Love the idea's.  Opposed to incoming prep alert being more then 5-10 min warning.  Part of being elite in the venue is preparation and discipline.  So that warning would be more or less buff opportunity.  They can create a twitter effect like hit alert system right into app if it's not already there.  Any change to breath life into it is a good one.  You're list of ideas imo are solid and deserve serious consideration.  Best wishes

#36 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:19

Love the idea's.  Opposed to incoming prep alert being more then 5-10 min warning.  Part of being elite in the venue is preparation and discipline.  So that warning would be more or less buff opportunity.  They can create a twitter effect like hit alert system right into app if it's not already there.  Any change to breath life into it is a good one.  You're list of ideas imo are solid and deserve serious consideration.  Best wishes

Notification system would be nice, twitter signup is gone and the current notification system often lags 30 minutes.

I think 1 hour notice would go a long way to give defenders a chance. I think preparation and discipline should be a part of GvG but not 100% of GvG as it is currently.

The meta in GvG now is to find a time where everyone or the majority of people are offline, initiate and then turtle. Even if someone is online to buff them with 175/203's it won't nearly be enough. You would need a miracle to hit into fully potted targets and go 50/50 later to tie as a defender.

Edited by EpicPiety, 22 June 2022 - 01:30.

#37 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2022 - 22:58

just want the notification and hour to prep. 

sigma_468x60.jpg

#38 basti7

basti7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 11:46

Just ban all buffs stronger than lvl 203 on Ladder and GvG and all problems are solved  :wub:

#39 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 September 2022 - 00:17

@BigGrim and @Arioche,

Is this still on the radar, by chance? I don't want to probe too much, but FS would still benefit a great deal from this update.

#40 Arioche

Arioche

Producer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2022 - 12:12

@BigGrim and @Arioche,

Is this still on the radar, by chance? I don't want to probe too much, but FS would still benefit a great deal from this update.

Hello Toreth!

This is certainly still of interest to me. It will need some discussion with Hoof, but we have been working on a few other things that we cannot share just yet, however, I will be sure to inform everyone any developments that arise in relation to GvG!  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: