274 replies to this topic

#1 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 17:00

Hi HCS,

On your next upgrade, please add a new upgrade to allow guild to increase their XP so they can boost their ranking.

Don't want to see players exploiting the XP gaining system in the game by deleveling themselves and regaining it back.

A lot of us are tired of seeing players exploiting the game.

beg2lose

#2 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 17:10

A very easy fix to this huge problem would to discontinue giving guild xp to those who level under their VL..that way there would be no harm to guilds who house pvp/smashers..and then if possible,wipe out all the ill gained xp from all guilds to show a TRUE top guild list..most would probably be surprised at the outcome 

#3 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 17:12

Also, please add a new medal:

1. XP Exploiter

This can be awarded to players and guilds.

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 17:24

I actually don't have a problem with ppl losing xp. It's really the manner in which they do it, by saying spend 100 stams on me or else. It's a threat!!! As I know the game rules it is unacceptable. Go die fighting an SE. You will also lose xp. Btw getting 10 stam cleared on the BB does a pretty good job taking xp from you with just 10 stams. The players demanding and threatening aren't happy because they pay for others to post them and they don't think they're getting their money's worth. So let them rot on the BB.

There are some great proposals how to deter this mockery of the game. Anytime a player is zeroed on the BB they should be teleported to the Mountain Path Coliseum. Just like in Clash of the Titans!! (That was Stangs idea and one I love.) There are many more out there. Post them!

Edited by sweetlou, 04 December 2013 - 17:25.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 18:08

+1 To this thread. Many of them demand to be smashed or they counter bounty you? What a joke. What an abuse, as far i know i cant offer free RP against my guild, so no way i can offer free smasher against me? ...

#6 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2013 - 18:23

If we get rid of it now, how is it fair to have allowed those who abused it to have reaped the rewards, and then no one else able to do it down the road? Mind, our guild is against the guild xp loophole.

But getting rid of it will make getting into Top 5 for anyone not already top 20 or with multiple EOC players almost impossible into being completely impossible. That's why it's a bit of a tough call to do this. No one in the top guilds will be happy with giving up their guild xp they gained this way to make it legitimate for everyone else if it's gotten rid of.

*****Proposed ingame solution*****

Possibly forcing players who are more than 10 levels below what the realm they are in auto forced to warp to Krul Island upon moving/attempting to attack, and unable to attack creatures more than 10 above their level? This will drastically cut down on the abuse...

All of these EOC players say they do it because they're "bored" and want to replay content. Anyone who is half aware knows that they stay on the same map and farm champions... for guild xp...

Also.... Maybe capping total guild xp to what one can possibly give to a guild in total. (Meaning that a player can only give as much xp to a guild as if they had been in it since level 1)

Edited by Gutie, 04 December 2013 - 18:26.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#7 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2013 - 18:25

if im at the EOC i would just delevel my self just to earn more gold maybe some aim for this or not ^.^

sigma_468x60.jpg

#8 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 18:34

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! If interested feel free to send me a PM. We arealso looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

Advertising your guild like this is tacky at best..stick to the main topic

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 December 2013 - 21:39

*****Proposed ingame solution*****

Possibly forcing players who are more than 10 levels below what the realm they are in auto forced to warp to Krul Island upon moving/attempting to attack, and unable to attack creatures more than 10 above their level? This will drastically cut down on the abuse...

LOVE that - and thus, those that are delevelling strictly to boost GXP will HATE it :)

The problem is tho, Shardoom brought up this delevelling "exploit" sometime ago and Hoof is/was fine with it happening ..

Edited by Pardoux, 04 December 2013 - 21:39.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#10 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 23:44

LOVE that - and thus, those that are delevelling strictly to boost GXP will HATE it :)

The problem is tho, Shardoom brought up this delevelling "exploit" sometime ago and Hoof is/was fine with it happening ..

Maybe if there is enough negative feedback with regard to this obvious exploit then the Heed Cow will have a change of heart :)

Its been mentioned many times.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 04 December 2013 - 23:45.

#11 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 00:18

Maybe if there is enough negative feedback with regard to this obvious exploit then the Heed Cow will have a change of heart :)

Its been mentioned many times.

Cheers.

wil72

*fingers crossed*

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#12 muabnesor

muabnesor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:39

I find it interesting that players expressing problems with this activity, have members of their own guild doing it.  I see no real problem here. 

#13 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:00

This is the first time I've de-leveled and am having fun. I will buy 5K stam to get to EOC. Many people will earn FSP's clearing my bounties. Will not hurt anyone. Does not sound like a good idea to me to prevent this game play.

#14 fmedic

fmedic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:02

This is all people can come up with to whine about? I don't do it, but don't hold it against anyone who does. Let's pick something worthwhile to discuss and stop wasting time on something that is perfectly legal and doesn't hurt anyone. As for it being a threat to say that someone wants deleveled, I've seen it said that people want to be deleveled and anyone who wants to get their smasher medal feel free to use 100 stams. That's not a threat. You can't lump everyone doing it into the same category and say they are all threatening people. Let's grow up and move on.

#15 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:10

i think tis a lame tactic.. i don't wish to see it as an option in Fallen Sword..

A lot of us are tired of seeing players exploiting the game.

Edited by RebornJedi, 05 December 2013 - 03:11.

#16 Billybob

Billybob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:14

Other than making a mockery of one medal and diluting the prestige of another , there's nothing wrong with it.

#17 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:30

If I hit EOC, I'd gladly delevel and level back up.

Why? Because I paid to get my stamina upgraded, I deserve to play like anyone else can and it's fun to me.

Like, I don't want to wait all day for a PvP Arena, only to see I lost.

I don't want to titan hunt when people can blow me out of the water.

I don't want to PvP if people take it too seriously and start to threaten you.

I just want to level, get my gold and play my game. Jeez.

Talk about making mountains out of mole hills.

Some people just want to help their guild, what's so wrong with that? What's wrong with accomplishing new heights? If I can't have new content 24/7, why should I be locked in place?

It's just another way to alienate older players into playing less and less. I've seen people who were always active for titans, disappear, just because cooldowns are implemented. Now you want to take away another facet of the game?

Let's only let you PvP once a day.

Enter one arena per day.

Heck, while we are at it. Maybe we should use stamina while selling gear so merchants don't have an advantage?

/incoherant rant over

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#18 datman67

datman67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:50

So you are calling it an exploit are you. There are two types of games online ones that cost a subscription price for all to play. Now for most, yes it sucks that you are forced to pay to have fun, but these games end up being fair for all for the most part. The second type of game is free to all to play, however to find supporters to keep the game active you need paying players. This being said by no means does this mean the top guilds are the only major paying players as there are great pvp players out there that have done the same also. The whole reason that the de-leveling/re-leveling came to be in the first place was due to lack of content or as called in game EOC. That lack of content was what killed Sigma Storm as it left nothing for the paying players to do so they quit playing and paying and boom there are only around 3 players playing that game at anytime you look on the site. So unless the team was to be able to satisfy the game levels wise like making 75 new levels a month so the paying players will still pay. This game too will die off as the same thing will happen over again. Of course now you are going to say 75 levels a month as I can't do that either. Well there is always subscription games!

#19 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:03

When a player discovered a way to exploit the game, that player has an option to do what is right to them.

When LawDog26 discovered and wrote the script called TitanStride that gave him a MEGA advantage over other players in titan hunting, he published the script so others can have fun too instead of keeping it for Bushido guild.

About 6 months ago, a homeless man found $42,000 in Boston. He turned it in to the police.

Spiderman's Uncle Ben said "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility"

#20 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:09

/incoherant rant over

what if the GXP was removed from releveling.. all you restrict is an exploit.. you can still level all that your stamina bank can handle wink.png

Edited by BigGrim, 05 December 2013 - 12:58.
Leave your flaming out of the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: