Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2015 - 21:11

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know that we'll be doing further work on improving the server performance next week. We don't currently expect any downtime while we work on the improvements, but we'll let you know in advance if there is going to be any!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2015 - 21:21

Good to hear, thank you Hoofmaster for your continued work in this area.

#3 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 March 2015 - 21:22

Thank you...hunted 2 nights ago with only 339 players on line and the lag was brutal.  Had I not  been using an Epic pot and a Flask of Death , among other pots and buffs, I would have shut my hunt down.  As it was, what normally would take about a 2 hour hunt went well over 3 hours....it was a beatdown.

#4 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2015 - 21:25

2-3 hours for a hunt ?? omg ...i would have quit years ago if it was like that for me... i can do a hunt in about 30 mins

#5 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 22:49

Very nice to hear. Thanks HCS.

#6 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 23:39

thanks hoof, hope this gets fixed soon

I have been having 3-5 seconds page loads for the last few months BUT since today (noon) it unfortunately got worse :(

I am now having 20+ seconds page loads and moving on the world map (new map) is hardly possible for me anymore  (sometimes the action list icon keeps loading for minutes, I tried clearing cache, a system restart, different browsers at home and work on 4 different computers and still the same :mellow:)

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#7 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 23:59

I am hesitatingly excited about getting the game's infrastructure back in order. It is of the utmost importance. Thanks Hoof, and good luck.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#8 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:25

I agree with all the posts on taking time to get the game infrastructure back on track.  I will also agree that leveling hunts have been brutal. I went  on my first hunt since double xp event and it had taken me several hours to do.  :blink:  I was using epic potions too. I will say thank  you for any improvements hcs in getting everything moving smoother and faster in server performance  :D

#9 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:53

Server Improvements :)  yes please!!!

Lag has always been a part of FS no matter what your connection speed is. If lag can be eliminated than thats a +1 from me and I am sure everyone else who plays FS.

#10 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2015 - 13:13

did this ever happen?   nothing like busting out some spendy potions to get timed out and not able to play..guess thats one way to make some $$$...

#11 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 March 2015 - 14:08

We're still testing and analyzing tweaks to improvement performance :)

#12 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2015 - 15:00

I am not able to hunt anywhere but on my very expensive computer at home.  Kind of defeats the whole browser-based-thingy.  I'm confused as to why server improvements take such a stretch of time.  Are resources being shared or borrowed to drive the other games, including iOS?  I've given up hunting for the foreseeable future, and have abandoned the Ladder as all medals and progress are likely to become obsolete when the new system comes online.  Arena? GvG? Caves? Yeah right. 

A bit frustrated.

DP

Edit: this post took 37 seconds to post.

Edit: the last Edit took 32 seconds to Save Changes.........

Edited by DeadParrot, 13 March 2015 - 15:02.

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#13 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 17:38

DP

Edit: this post took 37 seconds to post.

Edit: the last Edit took 32 seconds to Save Changes.........

So, if it keeps improving like that, only 4 or 5 more edits before you can stop editing to report the lag ;)

#14 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 13:43

lots of random database errors at the moment.. server system currently being worked on?

#15 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 14:04

lots of random database errors at the moment.. server system currently being worked on?

ended shortly after posting this..

#16 Jinan

Jinan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:11

It seems like game speed isn't coming back to normal speed. It's getting worse day by day, I was wasting potions when the creature stops walking on the map. This is getting frustrating now, as so many days has passed since this issue came and still it isn't fixed. I always see developers saying they are doing some server performance works, but could you developers please explain what is happening to the server and what is being done to fix it. 

#17 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:47

ended shortly after posting this..

and shortly it will come back :lol:

Edited by shindrak, 22 March 2015 - 11:48.

#18 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 March 2015 - 19:26

We're still testing and analyzing tweaks to improvement performance :)

The tweaks are not working very well, need to run some more tests I guess. :rolleyes:

#19 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 March 2015 - 20:26

Server Improvements
Started by Hoofmaster, Mar 07 2015 08:11

... are not having any effect at the moment :(

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#20 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:40

I have spent more time this weekend getting Server Timed Out pages then actually being able to play the game and when i finally do get connected ( for a few minutes ) the lag is so bad that i cannot post in chat or check AH can honestly barely get my profile page to load... Very disappointing weekend :/ hopefully HCS starts fixing issues soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: