#3 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:40

careful what you ask for, given most of the other forums are currently on http://forums.huntedcow.com/ , it's only going to be a matter of time.

#4 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:49

at LEAST i can search for a word that is longer than 6 letters there...i can't search a forum thread that i made while putting my name as the author with the actual title of the forum thread because each word is below 6 letters..........what is it '91????

"You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 6 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards"

#5 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:31

I use google search mostly

#6 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:36

+1 :lol: Google best solution.. ie type "fallenswordforum arena tokens" and you will find it at the top of searchs

#7 Versair

Versair

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:44

please advance it..thank you

Posted Image

And thanks koenvdv, I'll start using google more often.

#8 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 15:32

+1 :lol: Google best solution.. ie type "fallenswordforum arena tokens" and you will find it at the top of searchs

OH the gems i have found this morning LOL thanks for this tip..

#9 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 16:34

is this why i sometimes see google[bot] or yahoo[bot] among the users of forum?

#10 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 17:53

is this why i sometimes see google[bot] or yahoo[bot] among the users of forum?

Yes, but you knew that was the case. (i know you are keeping us informed)

As to the other posts, i believe they meant BING and not GOOGLE unless BING stopped advertising in HCS and/or FS.

#11 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 18:00

Theres a limit to being lazy michael n not a whole lot of posts based on bots :wink:

eqnq15.png                  

#12 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 19:22

Theres a limit to being lazy michael n not a whole lot of posts based on bots :wink:

lazy? i'm missing your point.

A previous poster mentioned about "being careful of getting what you wish for"-type thing. There is history to that point in FS, but it was already so well said there was no need to expound.

About BING vs. GOOGLE, i was trying to give equal time to a past (current?) advertiser of FS.

And about bots, there was a code Webpage creators could use to limit bots permision to search Website. i don't believe all bots follow this code (instruction? - ie "bad bots"). The post that had bot allowed people unaware of bots to then look on their own for more information - an awareness issue. it is interesting GOOGLE/YAHOO find FS worthy of search.

i hope i'm not too patronising.

My 2 cents

#13 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 20:24

lazy? i'm missing your point.

A previous poster mentioned about "being careful of getting what you wish for"-type thing. There is history to that point in FS, but it was already so well said there was no need to expound.

About BING vs. GOOGLE, i was trying to give equal time to a past (current?) advertiser of FS.

And about bots, there was a code Webpage creators could use to limit bots permision to search Website. i don't believe all bots follow this code (instruction? - ie "bad bots"). The post that had bot allowed people unaware of bots to then look on their own for more information - an awareness issue. it is interesting GOOGLE/YAHOO find FS worthy of search.

i hope i'm not too patronising.

My 2 cents

No not at all rather more neutral at least the way i see it and yeah i know I was exaggerating you were being more or less than subjective on anothers perspective given the criteria/data and in no ways going overboard the lineup was not lambasting the vertices so not a brutal affront of the material in the thicket of whats happening btw FS is initially part of HCS unless you see all the cows as prudent clowns

I believe there werent that many predecessors of FS advertisements but prolly the past one

Well how many things can possibly get ambiguous to the recipients but googles been getting accusations if their searches are really searches not much to ponder there and if anythings really worth it.. A lot of the ramifications are already set as is and FS would never have been discarded like thin air since theres no rpg that doesnt get mobilized or traced or inputted w/o further ado.. you get the picture of course.. but if its custom made then why bother sharing :twisted:

eqnq15.png                  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: