Photo

More Advanced Professions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#21 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:14

Yup, we need skills that would be profitable throughout the game, not just endgame; and also in sinc with the game content and levelling; for ex making low lvl pots / gear while you're low lvl and thus being able to cut down the levelling costs. That requires crafting skills that don't need crazy ammount of work to master, 'cause if it takes more time to level them than just grinding and lvl-ing up, ppl will ditch them all together and focus on something else. 

#22 Seagull

Seagull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:28

By this paragraph you mean something in the way as a Talent tree for skills.

When you are at 30 points in any number of skills you cannot progress any farther

Alchemy level 1

Baby health Potion ------------------------ Baby Mana potion

(These would be made until level 10 each level taking 1 allocation point)

Alchemy level 10

Medium Health Potion ------------------- Medium Mana Potion

(At this point, leveling past this would void you out of getting max potential in ANY other skill)

Alchemy level 20

Huge Health Potion ----------------------- Huge Mana Potion

(You are nearly maxed in alchemy and your potions are becoming far more powerful than vendored potions)

Alchemy level 30

Masters' Health Potion ----------- Masters' Mana Potion

(You have spent all 30 of your allocation points to reach the max level in Alchemy. You cannot learn anything else after this.)

And if you didn't go to level 30 you can use how ever many Allocation points you have left in another skill like Blacksmithing but this would limit you to not being able to make the best of the best armour, which could leave you broke because only the best of the best will be worth anything to other players. So overall you want to max out your points into one tree so that you can get top of the line items, making you the G's.

Is this sorta what you were going at?

That is precisely what I was trying to express, but you have explained it much more clearly with the example. :)

I think that would work quite well up to a point.

Just two things I think would make it work better:

• The skill in the example seems near to useless in the early levels. If that is the case with many or all of the other skills as well then we will only see players with just 1 skill maxed out. Considering there are a lot of skills in Eldevin I would say that you can get enough skill points to max out several skills (let's say 10%-30% of all the skills). Then people are still able to choose a few skills and find nice combinations. ;)
  • The skill in this example has a fixed amount of points per level: 1 point per level. But (based on this example) the skills seem to pretty useless in the beginning. So having a few points (and thus a few levels) in one skill will give you only a very minor bonus, while the top levels of a skill are much more powerful. This will make players max out skills instead of being content with having one or more skills at lower levels. Lower level skills might be nice too (for example being able to make small healing potions in the middle of an adventure if you run out of the big potions you bought at the store). Because the higher levels of a skill usually give the most benefits, it might as well be reflected in the number of points each level costs. For example, level 1-10 costs 1 point per level; level 11-20 costs 2 points per level; and level 21-30 costs 3 points per level. That way a full skill costs 60 points, and you can get 6 skills at level 10 or 2 skills at level 20 instead. So going for a wider variety of skills instead of just a few maxed out will be a bit more attractive then with a fixed amount of points per level. ;)

A great elaboration;  examples of this in action:

- An herbalist, robe weaving, wizard.

- A warrior miner with a talent for armor and weapon smithing.

- A woodsman archer and expert crafter of light armors and bows.

- A healer/tank alchemist.

So many possibilities.

#23 Minerexstacy

Minerexstacy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:02

Only time will tell how these professions will really work ;P

8 MORE DAYS!!@@@ :D FTW

Come join me at my YouTube - Mcflapphypants

153qv6c.png