Photo

Death Penalty

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#21 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2013 - 13:08

But that means we have very high risk to log out in hunting area. In a game that I played before, when you log out there will be loading bar, after it is full you can log out immediately and safely. If you get attacked when logging out, the bar will be interrupted and you have to start over again. If you don't log out properly, for example disconnecting the internet, your character will stay in the game for a few minutes and unable to log in for that period and may get killed by monster or other players.

Yes it works exactly the same you press log out you get a confirm dialog with a loading bar. When the loading bar is full you can log out safely. If you disconnect anyway you will actually still stay in the game.

I should have worded it a bit better.

#22 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:46

Yes it works exactly the same you press log out you get a confirm dialog with a loading bar. When the loading bar is full you can log out safely. If you disconnect anyway you will actually still stay in the game.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss! :) starscream_dancing__gif__by_fuck669-d5j2

#23 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:30

How does this system exactly works? While you wait for the loading bar to full up you're frozen in game, or you can still fight/use pots/etc independently?

#24 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2013 - 13:30

How does this system exactly works? While you wait for the loading bar to full up you're frozen in game, or you can still fight/use pots/etc independently?

Probably not, if you do so the loading will be interrupted and you have to start all over again to log out.

#25 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 19:10

Yeah, I thought so...tnx :)

#26 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:20

You are welcome. :)

#27 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:10

I'm curious. Will there be kill count? If so what system will be implemented to prevent ones from farming his own alternate account?

#28 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:05

I'm curious. Will there will kill count? If so what system will be implemented to prevent ones from farming his own alternate account?

Good question ;) And while we're at it: will multiclienting be allowed or not?

#29 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 March 2013 - 00:32

But that means we have very high risk to log out in hunting area. In a game that I played before, when you log out there will be loading bar, after it is full you can log out immediately and safely. If you get attacked when logging out, the bar will be interrupted and you have to start over again. If you don't log out properly, for example disconnecting the internet, your character will stay in the game for a few minutes and unable to log in for that period and may get killed by monster or other players.

Hey, just to clarify, when you try to logout, if you're in a danger time (combat usually) then the client will not disconnect you right away but will popup with a timed bar with the option to cancel your 'logout' attempt or to just 'disconnect now' which means you dont care that your character will stay on the server for the remaining danger time (and possibly be killed) and you just want to disconnect anyway (as if you lost connection or closed the browser the same would result). So yeah, you'll get a warning popup if you're logging out but your character is gonna be left on the server/in danger for a time penalty, basically just to stop people escaping combat to avoid being killed by logging out :)

Also, the danger time is set once when you try to logout, so you'll try to logout, will be in danger so be given say 20 seconds danger time, if you're attacked during that time, the time will not be changed, its fixed from the initial logout attempt time, and if you try to log back in in this time if accidently disconnected, you'll be relogged in right away even during the danger time. If you move to another server, you'll have to wait for the last servers danger time to expire to login to the new one though :) I think the danger time is currently set at around 20 seconds anyway, so we're not talking minutes here.

Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

#30 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:05

Hey, just to clarify, when you try to logout, if you're in a danger time (combat usually) then the client will not disconnect you right away but will popup with a timed bar with the option to cancel your 'logout' attempt or to just 'disconnect now' which means you dont care that your character will stay on the server for the remaining danger time (and possibly be killed) and you just want to disconnect anyway (as if you lost connection or closed the browser the same would result). So yeah, you'll get a warning popup if you're logging out but your character is gonna be left on the server/in danger for a time penalty, basically just to stop people escaping combat to avoid being killed by logging out :)

Also, the danger time is set once when you try to logout, so you'll try to logout, will be in danger so be given say 20 seconds danger time, if you're attacked during that time, the time will not be changed, its fixed from the initial logout attempt time, and if you try to log back in in this time if accidently disconnected, you'll be relogged in right away even during the danger time. If you move to another server, you'll have to wait for the last servers danger time to expire to login to the new one though :) I think the danger time is currently set at around 20 seconds anyway, so we're not talking minutes here.

Seems a fair system, there's always bound to be someone who will die through disconnect or something and then complain in some way :/ there's no way to fully prevent that without removing all the risk from the game so yeah probably one of the best systems there :)

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#31 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:01

Yeah, the only problem will be with the players with an unstable connection; 20 seconds will almost guarantee a "face down" login. 

#32 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:33

I think 20 seconds is a good amount of time.

One one hand, only quite unstable connections have some problem with it; the rest will be ok.

And on the other hand the 20 seconds is slightly risky, but probably ok in most situations.

But I bet the beta will give better info about how good it actually is. ;) .

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: