Photo

A Few Questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lelouch Lamperouge

Lelouch Lamperouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2013 - 17:31

Hopefully these haven't been asked yet but if they have I'm sorry <3

1.) Will there be voice acting in the game for the characters? Voice acting made Runescape more enjoyable in my opinion.

2.) How will bots, scammers, and spammers be dealt with? I know in many games that if you get scammed nothing is done about it because it's your own fault, but I personally think scammers should get punished in some kind of way.

3.) I read some where that buyable items were being considered. Is this still in debate and if they do happen how much stronger will the items be compared to ones you get from drops and quests?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks in advance :)

"Hero? No! We're pirates! I love heroes but.... I don't wanna be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it, but heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!" - Monkey D. Luffy

#2 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2013 - 18:56

1) Nope we don't have voice acting in Eldevin I'm afraid. It would be great to add voices at a later time but it costs quite a bit to get done well.

2) During the closed beta we have very limited admin tools to deal with these issues. As the beta progresses however our tools will improve and we will be better able to detect and prevent this sort of malicious activity. I've no doubt we will come down on scammers, spammers and bots like a ton of bricks. They do ruin the game for everyone. We want Eldevin to be friendly to new players, not a place where they come to get mugged!

3) We've not yet implemeted that sort of gear in our shop, currently the eldevin points store is for convenience / boosting items. From a theoretical point of view if we wanted to sell gear in that shop, it would need to be pretty decent stuff stat wise and visually. Theres a good argument for the best gear always coming from the game itself though; if you buy the best gear you can with money, it should help you to earn something even better, or else why buy it? That's my design opinion though, and might not be the way it gets implemented ;)

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#3 Lelouch Lamperouge

Lelouch Lamperouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2013 - 19:43

1) Nope we don't have voice acting in Eldevin I'm afraid. It would be great to add voices at a later time but it costs quite a bit to get done well.

2) During the closed beta we have very limited admin tools to deal with these issues. As the beta progresses however our tools will improve and we will be better able to detect and prevent this sort of malicious activity. I've no doubt we will come down on scammers, spammers and bots like a ton of bricks. They do ruin the game for everyone. We want Eldevin to be friendly to new players, not a place where they come to get mugged!

3) We've not yet implemeted that sort of gear in our shop, currently the eldevin points store is for convenience / boosting items. From a theoretical point of view if we wanted to sell gear in that shop, it would need to be pretty decent stuff stat wise and visually. Theres a good argument for the best gear always coming from the game itself though; if you buy the best gear you can with money, it should help you to earn something even better, or else why buy it? That's my design opinion though, and might not be the way it gets implemented ;)

1.) Even if we don't get it for a while, if at all, I'm sure the sound effects and stuff will make up for it :)

2.) It's closed beta. Lots of time to prepare :)

3.) Sounds good.

"Hero? No! We're pirates! I love heroes but.... I don't wanna be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it, but heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!" - Monkey D. Luffy

#4 Vale

Vale

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 22:23

you and the other admins have no need to rush l3fty  ^_^
You and the other admins got a lot on your plate so please take all the time you need. I am sure bots wont be coming around too early in eldevin's life. Scammers, on the other hand, are a different story. its expected that some players will get lazy and start scamming for items then later switch to a bot when one is made but for the time being scammers will be the only threat  :lol:

shoot, Eldevin looks like it will be a epic game and well worth the time to make sure everyone else will have a fun experience of the game. especially so early into the game's creation  ;)

#5 Xohn

Xohn

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 00:03

Hopefully the items in the shop won't provide direct power to the buyer(+600 strength hat for $10 omgg~). No one wants this(or any) game to be a "pay-to-win." Exp/loot boosts, convenience items(mounts, etc), cosmetics would be fine. 

.meow.

#6 Minerexstacy

Minerexstacy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 00:50

I can do voice acting for free :D Have no clue if I would do good at it but... yea haha I could help :L

Come join me at my YouTube - Mcflapphypants

153qv6c.png

Come help build the wikia by clicking > HERE

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: