Photo

Making Titan Hunting more Popular

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
278 replies to this topic

Poll: Time to Titan hunt (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you titan hunt more often if it took less time?

1. Yes (35 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. No, I have no desire to Titan hunt at all (4 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. Time is not an issue to me (41 votes [51.25%])

Percentage of vote: 51.25%

Vote

#81 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 19:26

do you guys seriously not get that it is a bad idea to shorten the hunting time or the TKP??????

titan gets killed faster which leads to more titan spawns which leads to more epic items in AH which leads to epic prices dropping which finally leads to a stand-still of some titans because it would not be worth it (stamina-wise) to hunt it for profit

titan drops are EPIC for a reason and they should stay EPIC =>>>> have high value & expensive

again, the more epics we have in the game the more their prices drop until finally the titan is not worth hunting anymore for profit !!!

you guys have the choice to hunt solo which takes of course longer OR hunt with your friends / guild mates which is faster the more are in your titan hunting group + saves you stamina if you devide the map !!!! :)

as HCS said: titan hunting is and was designed to be a group / guild activity (like gvg, if you want it faster then get a group) so why not make the movement speed of everyone the same (meaning nobody has an advantage / disadvantage in terms of movement speed) and this will make an even-playing-field for everyone + get rid of "magic" hunters (expose them if they are "faster" than "allowed") + promote titan hunting in GROUPS which was the original idea of titan hunting if I am not mistaken smile.png !!!

make titan hunting a level-playing field for everybody in terms of movement speed and attack speed

I believe that it would make titan hunting much more popular if everyone had the same movement speed to give everyone an equal chance  :)

I know many player starting titan hunting with this idea with help from their guild togetheer

this very good idea I seeing here and I hoping HCS and hoofmaster seeing this and making it

this bringing many player for start titan hunting when everyone has same chance with moving speed and attacking speed

this only good for game and HCS and hoofmaster please making this

and not making titan hunting shorter, this people lazy and want hunting alone

when I hunting with group and we get faster the titan, alone it taking long but titan is for hunting in group

you hunting alone is your problem for taking long, do same and hunting with group and titan get faster killed

Edited by kitobas, 24 November 2014 - 19:29.

#82 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 19:47

Idk why they just make it like GvG, it's a guild achievement, assumed by a cow post somewhere saying they didn't want a solo Titan Leaderboard, ( allows me to assume they want it as a guild activity)

Make it so that it's only possible for one person to get 33% of the 51%, meaning they can only get 16.83% ( for anyone wondering, to calculate, you times the probabilities together, though in this instance, it's the proportion of titan kills) requiring 3 people to get a secure.

Makes teamwork OP. 

Edited by Runesaur, 24 November 2014 - 19:48.

#83 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:32

I would quit the game if your suggestion was implemented runesaur

#84 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 17:58

Idk why they just make it like GvG, it's a guild achievement, assumed by a cow post somewhere saying they didn't want a solo Titan Leaderboard, ( allows me to assume they want it as a guild activity)

Make it so that it's only possible for one person to get 33% of the 51%, meaning they can only get 16.83% ( for anyone wondering, to calculate, you times the probabilities together, though in this instance, it's the proportion of titan kills) requiring 3 people to get a secure.

Makes teamwork OP. 

Please god no, I would also quit the game. This is not fun or fair. Yes it enforces Guild Titan hunting but would ruin it. I have a guild which titan team consists of me and rarely a few others. I try to go solo as i cant get those 'rare' players to hunt when they are full stam and when the titan spawns. So im forced to solo but i also enjoy spending hours soloing a titan as it gives me a sense of accomplishment. 

So its a big no from me. 

#85 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 November 2014 - 18:57

DW, guys, hoofie would never preclude small and solo guilds from their rights to hunt titans....  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#86 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 23:47

2 days ago me and a guild mate hunted together a high level titan with 67xx TKP

both me and my guild mate we saved time and stamina because we hunted together in a group :)

we both secured the titan in less than 2 hours :)

if I hunted the titan solo then it would have taken me 3+ hours

titan hunting is working as it should be, no need to make it shorter or introduce buffs / pots to make it easier / faster (it will only devalue the epic prices faster like many other players explained here)

titan hunting is a group activity

#87 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:24

While you are right Titan hunting is a group activity until movement is equal for all it will be something a lot of players have to leave when its contested because they cannot compete.

This is a world game that gives a few an advantage because of where they live. That is counter productive for the game.

#88 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 13:34

Make titan hunting a level-playing field for everybody in terms of movement speed and attack speed.

While you are right Titan hunting is a group activity until movement is equal for all it will be something a lot of players have to leave when its contested because they cannot compete.

This is a world game that gives a few an advantage because of where they live. That is counter productive for the game.

What I meant here is to make titan hunting a level-playing field on the server side. Let's be realistic: not all players can have the same quality of connection speed and ping from their PC to the FS server, so some people will titan-hunt slower than others. This is a client-side problem that is out of HCS control. What HCS can control however is the speed of interval on attack and movement commands that the server receives from a player. Therefore, the server should set a minimum ping speed interval (say 300ms) on attack and movement commands from a player on maps where a titan is active. This minimum ping interval restriction shouldn't be circumvented by client scripts. Ideally, they shouldn't be if the server-side checks were implemented properly and no other holes exist (e.g. only one call entry point for a 'Move' command that has this check in place).

As we all know, these server-side restrictions and checks seem to have already been implemented in the game. The problem is they are not working 100% as intended and also introduce some annoying bugs along the way. It also seems that certain people can bypass these restrictions and zip from one end of the map to another (I know because I was in one titan-hunting session and witnessed it beforehand, twice, so I can attest that this exploit exists).

Edited by Maj, 28 November 2014 - 13:36.

#89 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 15:48

One solution I can think of is to make all player icons (with name and guild) visible in a titan-active map. This is so other players can record (using Fraps or other video recording app) a player whom they think is using an exploit and zipping/teleporting all over the map.

Edited by Maj, 28 November 2014 - 15:49.

#90 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:57

What I meant here is to make titan hunting a level-playing field on the server side. Let's be realistic: not all players can have the same quality of connection speed and ping from their PC to the FS server, so some people will titan-hunt slower than others. This is a client-side problem that is out of HCS control. What HCS can control however is the speed of interval on attack and movement commands that the server receives from a player. Therefore, the server should set a minimum ping speed interval (say 300ms) on attack and movement commands from a player on maps where a titan is active. This minimum ping interval restriction shouldn't be circumvented by client scripts. Ideally, they shouldn't be if the server-side checks were implemented properly and no other holes exist (e.g. only one call entry point for a 'Move' command that has this check in place).

As we all know, these server-side restrictions and checks seem to have already been implemented in the game. The problem is they are not working 100% as intended and also introduce some annoying bugs along the way. It also seems that certain people can bypass these restrictions and zip from one end of the map to another (I know because I was in one titan-hunting session and witnessed it beforehand, twice, so I can attest that this exploit exists).

very good one :)

#91 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:58

One solution I can think of is to make all player icons (with name and guild) visible in a titan-active map. This is so other players can record (using Fraps or other video recording app) a player whom they think is using an exploit and zipping/teleporting all over the map.

good one too and I hope HCS bans all scripts ASAP including FSH after implementing some important features

#92 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2014 - 13:35

Bloody AWESOME idea :) - let's see if these "magic" hunters really can do as they say and not script ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#93 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 16:40

The Titan script, and use of, is a huge concern to most in FS. Considering the new enthusiasm for FS that has been generated amongst players thanks to Hoof and Rad again becoming more involved and showing support to BG, wouldn't it be prudent of them to take on board the "Titan Script" issue and kill it once and for all? Is there a case of allowing certain players to use scripts so they can flood the market with epics and ultimately keep the price down? A kind of perverse economics. Maybe, pure speculation on my part, but worth a mention.

Maj, great idea mate. The introduction of it may make me consider Titan hunting as a viable option, hopefully others too.

Viddy well HCS ;)

Cheers.

wil72

#94 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:42

good one too and I hope HCS bans all scripts ASAP including FSH after implementing some important features

have to totally agree with these posts, any step towards making titan hunting fair for ALL players should be considered :D

can HCS please tell us what their opinion is?

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#95 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:53

2 days ago me and a guild mate hunted together a high level titan with 67xx TKP

both me and my guild mate we saved time and stamina because we hunted together in a group :)

we both secured the titan in less than 2 hours :)

if I hunted the titan solo then it would have taken me 3+ hours

titan hunting is working as it should be, no need to make it shorter or introduce buffs / pots to make it easier / faster (it will only devalue the epic prices faster like many other players explained here)

titan hunting is a group activity

about a month ago I secured with a friend a titan that had 6342 TKP and it only took us 1h57min

we did not only secure faster but we saved stamina too  WIN - WIN :D

having at least 1+ hunter with you gives many advantages like faster hunt, saving stamina, increasing chance of secure, ....

#96 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 16:35

Hmm i managed to secure titans with guild mates but never have secured in less than 3 hours even with partner.

Maybe if it was one of the small maps

Edited by shindrak, 30 November 2014 - 16:36.

#97 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 22:37

I have not only seen my guild mates but many other players who solo secure a titan that has 6000+ TKP in about 3 - 3.5 hours !!! friends who are titan hunting from other guilds told me the same thing too !!!

all high lvl titan maps are about the same size (only little difference) with the exception of one of the 2200 titan map, there is a map that is very big compared to the rest (you can not see the whole map on your monitor and it involves a lot of walking)

#98 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 23:05

I see hunting titan for tkp not popular because it takes long time just to get tkp... can't wait for Immobilize titan buff

#99 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 23:53

I am against any skills / pots that will make titan hunting faster because of these reasons:

• titan hunting was / is originally created to be a guild / group activity !!! if you hunt solo then deal with the longer hunt otherwise get a member to hunt faster !!!
  • with skills / pots that help killing a titan faster result in epic prices dropping faster !!!

I think the 1st titan to be released was the fuvayu (titan) and I remember players creating groups to kill it !!! the more difficult / longer a titan needs to get killed the longer the epic will have value !!!

and more important:

titan gets killed faster which leads to more titan spawns which leads to more epic items in AH which leads to epic prices dropping which finally leads to a stand-still of some titans because it would not be worth it (stamina-wise) to hunt it for profit

do you really want the epics to lose value much faster just to be able to hunt titans faster because some people are lazy or greedy or for whatever excuse to ask a guild mate for assistance?

#100 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 00:09

your idea with the titan skills / pots to make titan hunting popular is temporary !!!!

as I said in my post above (bold & underline), once epic prices drop to a point, people will stop hunting because there will be hardly / no profit to make !!! what then? introduce other buffs / pots to make titan hunting even faster????

I believe to make titan hunting popular would be to:

make titan hunting a level-playing field for everybody in terms of movement speed and attack speed

and definitely NOT making titan hunting faster with buffs / pots !!! faster titan hunting => get a group (+1 member)

I know many players who stopped titan hunting because of those "magic" hunters and I still do not understand why they are allowed to still remain doing so

hoofmaster / zorg / radneto / biggrim please have a look at these very good suggestions to increase titan hunting activity and get rid of "magic" hunters !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: