37 replies to this topic

#1 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 13:53

This *Script Detection* is nothing but a bother it doesn't actually catch the *Scripters*. It just bothers the normal hunters trying to kill a titan through rightful means. I mean if it is actually detecting scripters Cows made an incredible scripting detection system because i didnt even know i was scripting *Sarcasm*. I think this needs to be looked at and possibly removed or changed. I know im not the only one out there being impacted by this that doesn't script. If this is actually working correctly you need to go ban 50% of the titan hunters out there because they are all potentially using scripts. I want to know how many people this actually caught over how many months/years this has been implemented...0? This horribly slows titan hunting...It already takes over 3-4 hours to secure a titan alone...I'm almost at the point where i have to unplug my ethernet cord and hunt on 1 bar of wifi and i'll probably still be impacted.

Edited by Intimidation, 15 February 2015 - 13:57.

#2 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 February 2015 - 14:14

+1

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 18:30

Come on, I'm slow as Christmas.... old Grandmas frequently are.  When I do titan hunt, I get these messages all the time.  I have never used anything but FSH in my life, and then for only one thing, and that ain't titan hunting.  I don't need FSH to tell me to hurry hurry hurry, run to the other side of the map..... So, how am I moving too fast? No clue.... Why do I have to recover to hit it again?  No clue.  Yet the magic hunters continue on their way, unchecked.  This is reason #2 why I leave titan hunting to the pros.... Yeah, reason #1 is my poor arm...

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2015 - 18:38

+1

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#5 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 18:56

+1           So tired of Scripters,   They have spoiled titan hunting since it's inception ,  ,  killed titan hunting since the  first Ogalith

#6 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:59

well come up with a solution so those of us who never see this Message can Titan hunt on an even field..or be thankful that at least you can move faster than 1 square per second..

#7 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 16:28

well come up with a solution so those of us who never see this Message can Titan hunt on an even field..or be thankful that at least you can move faster than 1 square per second..

I dont believe TH was created to be equal. The very foundation of TH creates inequality. Unfortunately this is something that can never be equal for everyone. The cooldown was a great attempt at helping out the slower people. Unfortunately i believe thats the only thing they can do to help people who move slow.

Edited by Intimidation, 17 February 2015 - 16:32.

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 17:11

I don't think this is about equality.... This is about fair play.  Safeguards cause this phenomena, get rid of the cheaters and the safeguards are needless and can be abandoned.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#9 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 18:13

I don't think this is about equality.... This is about fair play.  Safeguards cause this phenomena, get rid of the cheaters and the safeguards are needless and can be abandoned.

+ :) :) :) :) :)

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 18:26

The *Safeguards* don't even work

#11 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 18:28

at the very least get rid of notifcation - the only way to make titan hunting equal for all is a set standard of movement speed - im not super fast but decent enough - lately though there has been a constant lagging - but its not on everyone 

#12 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 18:31

this is a bit off topic but still on titans - why are the elementals titans not securable / tkp - they should be like any other titan in my opinion - the drops are getting eliminated faster by inventing than they are being replenished by new players doing the quest - i think i will bring this up in a new topic -so as not to get this one off topic

Edited by matt2269f, 17 February 2015 - 18:50.

#13 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 19:09

this is a bit off topic but still on titans - why are the elementals titans not securable / tkp - they should be like any other titan in my opinion - the drops are getting eliminated faster by inventing than they are being replenished by new players doing the quest - i think i will bring this up in a new topic -so as not to get this one off topic

The Elementals are unsecurable because of their quests.  That they give epics is part of the quests.  BG has already said this will never be changed....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 19:10

The *Safeguards* don't even work

Well, they kinda do, just not on the right people..... herein lies the problem...

Oh mighty cow gods, hear our prayers.  FIX THIS!

Edited by BadPenny, 17 February 2015 - 19:11.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#15 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 19:15

IMO the best way is this:

• implement some of the important FSH features into the game (there are only a few left as radneto / zorg have done an incredible job on the last updates smile.png )
  • BAN ALL SCRIPTS

and finally:

make titan hunting a level-playing field for everybody in terms of movement speed and attack speed :D

PS: I do not know if it will work for you guys too BUT it worked for me and 2 friends: to get rid of the annoying *Script Detection* notice, simply REMOVE the FSH script !!! disabling the FSH script while titan hunting will still result in getting the annoying *Script Detection* message !!! we removed the FSH script & greasemonkey (for FF) and have not gotten the annoying *Script Detection* message since then !!! hope this will be of some help to you too wink.png

Edited by mary4ever, 17 February 2015 - 19:16.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#16 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2015 - 19:30

I do not know if it will work for you guys too BUT it worked for me and 2 friends: to get rid of the annoying *Script Detection* notice, simply REMOVE the FSH script !!! disabling the FSH script while titan hunting will still result in getting the annoying *Script Detection* message !!! we removed the FSH script & greasemonkey (for FF) and have not gotten the annoying *Script Detection* message since then !!! hope this will be of some help to you too wink.png

I have never had FSH or Greasemonkey installed on this computer, and I get the script notice banner when chasing titans.

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 19:42

All scripts are banned BUT FSH which is HCS approved...FSH does not enable you too have an advantage with TH or anything else, if it did thats already NOT allowed. BG has told you time and time again mary and you keep posting the same thing *If i was BG i would be fed up*. Also TH was never meant to be an equal playing ground mary and NEVER will be. If it was it would no longer be considered Titan Hunting...Btw i don't hunt with FSH and i STILL get it.

Edited by Intimidation, 17 February 2015 - 19:46.

#18 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 20:17

I decided to give this the ultimate test.... So, I'm going to finish my last Elemental quest with IE..... I'll keep a tally of the notifications... watch this spot ;)

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#19 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 21:43

All scripts are banned BUT FSH which is HCS approved...FSH does not enable you too have an advantage with TH or anything else, if it did thats already NOT allowed. BG has told you time and time again mary and you keep posting the same thing *If i was BG i would be fed up*. Also TH was never meant to be an equal playing ground mary and NEVER will be. If it was it would no longer be considered Titan Hunting...Btw i don't hunt with FSH and i STILL get it.

And coders can modify Helper and have already done so that helper is approved gives the unscrupulous a doorway to bypass and get around HCS tracking methods...this one reason is why Helper must be removed from the game.

This game is played by people all over the world I  have a 7 k computer in front of me the fastest connection I can buy and have never seen a possible script detection message....

For this game to really thrive it needs more players having a system in place that prevents you playing it is simply not going to attract new long term players. 

#20 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 23:53

lag while moving with the Canvas map is probably the main reason lots of players get this message..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: