#1 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 22:35

with your new set up for lvling up our skills it will take forever to get the level to forage nidaberries I feel you should either have the res person ask for maybe red apples or something of that level or else lower the level of the nidaberries I am finding alot of your changes to be discouraging I for one love doing dungeons so I know once I reach the level cap I will just do dungeons and possibly work my skills if I have made enough money to be able to do so but the way it stands now I won't I might not even play I think you should put it back to way it was before reset it was way more fun then now I am starting to feel like it is alot of hard work and not much fun I still love the game but just not as much

#2 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 22:44

Agreed, this is one of the reasons why i for one have stopped testing (how can i test of i can't get to the level) and not sure if i'll play when the game goes live, pretty glad i haven't purchased a founder pack (was just about to before the update) grinding 15+% at lvl10 is ridiculous as xp gain has been nerfed, impossible to level with crafting and way too expensive, not much left enjoyable about the game really, i play games to relax after a hard day, not to have to grind and grind to get anywhere, lets see if the cows do anything for the game when it goes live, if not it'll be au revoir from me i'm afraid.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#3 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 00:22

Honestly have to agree very much on this post. I do still enjoy the games at times,but i find myself just sitting there disliking alot of things i rather enjoyed before the update. i cant stand crafting skills cost way too much and i cant even afford to repair my gears. even without dying while questing i find myself coughing up all my quest cash made just to repair my gears. too much cash loss on everything to be able to continue while enjoying. I would understand if it were more rewarding to grind anything. and as for dungeons,i'm happy the new fix went into effect not being able to reset dungeons while players are in them due to the bugs you can cause doing it,but making it so no one can enter a dungeon whilst your group is in combat is just bad news,either way you will have to spend cash on either the repairs or a group summon. Lastly,i realized that i can make more cash just for killing lower lvls for general loot then i could selling items i spent a while to make,that is very off balanced. I know some who rather enjoy skilling more then combat (Alpion,Sage,XR(maybe)) but it restricts them from doing what they enjoy. not asking for HCS to just pump it up and make it a extremely fast game to be able to speed through,but something to make gathering/crafting skills more beneficial for the time and cash spent would be great for the game,and i am thinking of the economy as a whole for when the game goes live. the game will be flooding with new people,who havent experienced the cash gains or the best ways to gain cash,for them especially it will be difficult to stay interested in for maybe half if they are restricted to combat only due to the high costs of crafting with little return(if anything at all). From what i've seen so far its been almost a week and i havent seen anyone with a single DGN set hood/helm/cowl because no one enjoys skilling anymore.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#4 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 00:41

I don't even like the idea of us having to make our helmets as it allows merchants to set the prices thus not letting us have a stable economy I like it the way it was before where I could make money working my skills and I enjoyed helping my friends by giving them what they needed for a quest if they didn't have the level as it is set up now it won't be like that I will have to grind to make money and grind to level to me that is not fun I have quit games in  the past because of merchants and pvpers these new updates seem to benefit those who merchant and pvp not those of us who just want to play the game to relax I hate pvp and merchanting so what is there really for me to do in this game not much but quest before the update I could work my skills and make money selling to merchants and not have to try and merchant my stuff to other players I am not one for merchanting I think that most merchants are just plain greedy people I am sorry if this offends anyone but it is just my opinion the game is becoming to hard I want to enjoy it as it is right now I don't get no wheres near as much enjoyment the only enjoyment I get besides doing a few of the quest that I liked is visiting with my friends which Kezza is one of them if he leaves the game how many other of my friends will because of these drastic changes I live in the USA most of my friends on here are 100's of miles away they are people I will probably never meet in person and they are some pretty awesome people if they quit playing then I will never get to chat with them again please I beg you make the game fun like it was before this last update because then it will be the great game I fell in love with

#5 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:06

i agree,especially on the helmet problem. i feel (maybe biased opinion) that the weapons alone would make crafting more useful if only it didn't cost a fortune to lvl up the crafting skills(yes im aware they are adjusting the costs) especially once at higher lvls doing higher dungeons i'd rather put my time in doing the dungeon trips for relics to get the helmet rather then depend on someone else or be forced into skilling to make my own helmet which will depend on others no matter what or my luck of getting flakes and remnants (which is very very low as of right now)

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#6 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:29

Well I can see everyone's point. But I can make 1 gold every hour selling coal or fleece to support the lack of coin. That you can do from level 1. So I still don't think the last change made the game unplayable. It just required a change in strategy. We lost the back pack space and supporter buff. That is a major change from how we were playing. But it is also a great test for what the non supporter will see. And from what I have seen so far, they can do every thing a supporter can do. Just a little bit slower.

#7 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:54

Persoanl note think it's fine rq for Quest, Thought do have other issue! In long run wont this game keep going for more then yr!

With that sayed, Month or so be cap!  Lvling skill cap 2 month's at rate's Finshed game in 3 - 5 month's Bebord out my mind start alt!

Note 3-5 month Free user, See paying player Cap less then month! with skill's very on how much work on them 3 month's or so!

Thought Change with helm i am still not for!

Price do need some twicks if any thing drop rate need's be high on trash mob's world!

DGN still best place find gear - Drop rate's compared to world trash mob not worth grinding lose more then what get back!

Repair cost only make's Grinding trash even more so not worth it!

Other bit is lvl weapon smith or have some crafted item for one Quest with change, requered Quest progress!

Issue Wood cuting as well lvl 16 cut thisale log's need them start at lvl 18+

Exp rate so low cuting log and top of  space issue!

Edited by redsmokeboy, 21 November 2013 - 01:59.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#8 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:31

ok so you like doing those things to make money good for you I personally like to work leatherworking and such and I am losing money hand over fist and like I said am not a merchant and don't like to merchant am not big on the quest but I do them I do intend to be a paying player  but not if game continues like it seems to be it is that simple I want to enjoy the game not have to grind out my lvls or have to sell my resources so I can make money that just totally sucks in my opinon I hate merchanting I think it ruins games so if they want me to be paying to play this game then some changes need to be made I liked it how it was before and I don't see me getting bored once I reach cap because then I just run the dungeons and help people out getting them done that need them whether it be for a quest or the gear I liked game before last update don't care if I get supporter buff or not I didn't use any potions to lvl up last time and I still have my potion that they gave us when we got back on after reset every level I have a have earned by questing doing dungeons and grinding so yes I can honestly say I am not enjoying the game as much am real worried about when merchanting is brought into the game as then the greedy people will show their true colors  if they want to merchant maybe hcs will make them a game called merchants world where they can merchant to their hearts content and see just what it is like to be on the other side where they pay the inflated prices that they charge everyone when I played other games I did indeed help people and never charged always said that tips were appreciated if they supplied the mats

#9 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 14:39

This new update has truly taken the fun out of the game for me.  I play to relax, relieve some stress, and enjoy being with friends.  The levels for achieving goals were quite correct before these changes.  By the time I reached the level I am now prior to the update, I could make potions that would actually heal me in battle.  Now the foraging and alchemy levels have doubled for the next size potions.

I struggle to repair armor and have now had to borrow nearly 10 gold from friends just to continue testing the game.  I hope this was not an intended outcome because it has totally wrecked my ability to play the game and be self supporting and has taken all the enjoyment out of it.

I loved to craft prior to this update.  I cannot craft now because prices are too extreme.  Why would I craft if not for profit of some type.  You must make some profit in order to continue crafting or you will go broke in the process which is what happened to me.  Saying people don't craft to make coins is ridiculous.  If you're doing it for your health and making zero and going backwards then you will fast find yourself on the losing end of all things in the game.

I would love to see the game go back to the way it was prior to this update.  These changes have made playing too stressful and there is no fun in it now.  It's wrecked my mojo.  I know HCS have worked very hard on this release but I also have to say a lot of the changes are for the worse.  I'm not a happy Eldevinian.  Please bring back our last version of the game.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#10 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 15:18

let me also add that before this update my serenity undid snares  and stuns and now it doesn't I am not gonna spend my gold on something that doesn't work to keep the tank able to hold agro because while he is stunned or snared he could lose the mob he is fighting thus making it harder for the healer to heal with the new longer cooldowns 

#11 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 19:03

As a huge opponent of the recent changes, I do still understand why HCS did them.  I think they went from one extreme to the other, but with our suggestions along the way I think things will come back a bit more into what we can all agree with.  And if not agree, I think we can settle and still enjoy the game.  If they don't, then I will be leaving, as will others.

I just hope it doesn't come to that as I have really spent a lot of time testing this game because I really love where it can go in the future.  I can see spending years playing AND paying...as long as we have more compromise in the future of the game.

We all want good things...so I'm sure things will settle down.

Edited by Alpion, 21 November 2013 - 19:10.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: