#21 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:09

Agreed! I was so much disappointed when I understood that the only thing HCS came out with was only medals with ABSOLUTELY no bonuses ingame :/

We still want this. It all takes time though. I defo want it!

The 2nd -5th place rewards made a big difference.

We reckon we know what we are gonna do here. Not likely to be points, like Sword. Something else.

As is, it is not very desirable.

I really don't get this. The item is the most powerful at it's level. 50 levels odd above anything else there.

It does need both Assassin at 100% and a modest master crafter or extractor to help it.

Assassin yes for the Class items on the Colossus. Master Crafter/Extractor do not exist in this game.

#22 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 13:48

It does need both Assassin at 100% and a modest master crafter or extractor to help it.

Assassin yes for the Class items on the Colossus. Master Crafter/Extractor do not exist in this game.

But they could.... (Augmenter of course...).

#23 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:38

As is, it is not very desirable.

I really don't get this. The item is the most powerful at it's level. 50 levels odd above anything else there.

I do. It may have the most amount of defense or armor for any helm but the distribution of most points are in the wrong stats. I'd much rather see damage/defense favored, not defense/armor. And adding HP just waters down any engineering.

And least we forget it breaks up any set bonuses. This piece isn't for leveling. It's uses are specialized like artifact defense. And no one bothers(except Sigma Stars) trying that because of how skewed gear is toward attack and damage.

So if you want behemoth drops to be sought after make them for leveling. The Sunstorm Arc is a strong piece. It was just released after end of content was well passed level 50, level 120 if I'm not wrong.

#24 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 13:42

lvl 50 one is pretty good for 50-90 or so. lvl 160 one is very specialized. armor/def pretty much makes it a nice to have but not a desirable piece. just about any other combo would be more desirable. (armor/hp, def/hp, attack with def or armor, etc)

#25 bengiz786

bengiz786

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 15:51

should have defence and attack.. because when half guild on defence gear it hard to get attack in a group... don't get what armour does in artifact defending

#26 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 18:49

I actually like the helm. I'd like to see different stats for some other items too (and the 5 stat item is kind of BS - why even have puny attack/HP/damage other than to nerf engineering benefits). But, for those of us that build stats to level around all of the mobs stats this helm is great. I used it to level on 2 or 3 levels in the last content and it greatly improved my efficiency (armor a big part of that).

#27 ss_bagavond

ss_bagavond
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2009 - 00:40

No one respects armor eco... Personally armor has saved my proverbial hind section several times.. Though i think the 160 behemoth piece is a bit off kilter it does provide much of what you indicate. One just needs to be patient and build around it and you can have a very serviceable setup for several different entities.

#28 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:24

it is nice to have item, but considering the effort needed to get it, not that unique enough to put out the effort. I like armor as well. for non purist, high armor is as good as high def or better. just dont want both in 1 item :)

#29 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:40

Hunted Cow Studios put forth the best effort in the latest week. Still not sure what this says...

Posted Image

#30 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 18:24

It is painfully obvious that the introduction of medals hasn't sparked the interest in the behemoths as some would have thought. How about thinking outside the box a bit and giving people something really great to look forward to?

My idea, forgive me if it resembles another game, but why not introduce blueprints in a random store somewhere in content (not Taulin), and have the heart of the sun used as a component in an uber stat items or items? Make these items at different levels all the way to the end of content, or even beyond. Don't stop at the heart, either. Use other hard to get drops, like the HK's, or even the Altus behemoth. We need something to spice up the behemoth hunting, even if it's just temporary.

I realize that is just like the "other game" and their epics, but look what it did for the game over there.

#31 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 18:36

I still think it makes sense to use an Arc (fully made) and an Altus drop along with some other stuff to make a level 160 weapon (higher if you want) with stats equivalent of Arc stats for level 160. Would create a market for the Arcs out there along with demand for both Behemoth. Apparently a weapon is the only way to get people interested. Heck - use an arc with a 160 helm (fully made) to give a weapon with good stats for level 160-170 along with 50 defense points (or armor for all that matters).

#32 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 23:35

it does not have to be weapon. just have to have the right stats. weapon addon or helm addon would be even more desirable than weapon, as you will use it longer.

#33 ss_teekill

ss_teekill
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2009 - 19:42

I don't think it is the Behemoth rewards that are not desirable enough for players/factions to join the hunt.
SStar, this is a complement to you :), if you stay aside of one Behemoth hunt, you will see how other factions are eager to hunt the Behemoth :)
Hence, even if with new blueprints or whatever new introduction, it will still be the same for now (just as the Behemoth medals). I think everyone is waiting for the 2nd-5th prize, and it is on BG TODO list I believe.
Can't wait to see those prizes :)

#34 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 19:49

I don't think it is the Behemoth rewards that are not desirable enough for players/factions to join the hunt.
SStar, this is a complement to you :), if you stay aside of one Behemoth hunt, you will see how other factions are eager to hunt the Behemoth :)
Hence, even if with new blueprints or whatever new introduction, it will still be the same for now (just as the Behemoth medals). I think everyone is waiting for the 2nd-5th prize, and it is on BG TODO list I believe.
Can't wait to see those prizes :)

When we wait it sits there not killed for hours. We have not always shown up instantly. Lots of players have said the rewards aren't enough. I disagree in general, but agree that they should have been given small bonuses not included in any other piece. A modest extractor or augmenter bonus would be enough to make people want them.

Getting rid of some of the 73 Arcs available in the game would be smart too (another use for Heart). This game can't support that kind of supply of Hearts without another use outside the Arc.

#35 ss_teekill

ss_teekill
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2009 - 19:56

When we wait it sits there not killed for hours. We have not always shown up instantly. Lots of players have said the rewards aren't enough. I disagree in general, but agree that they should have been given small bonuses not included in any other piece. A modest extractor or augmenter bonus would be enough to make people want them.

Getting rid of some of the 73 Arcs available in the game would be smart too (another use for Heart). This game can't support that kind of supply of Hearts without another use outside the Arc.

When I ask SStar wait, I mean don't kill more than half HP and wait :) (then a guy came and killed 800 times and found out that he can't win no mater what!!).
And even if with extractor or augmenter bonus, with the faction tagging system, it might be a temporary solution for the next 20 Behemoths or so, then we will have the same situation right now I believe.
I still think the 2nd-5th prizes will be the final solution ...

#36 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 20:05

When I ask SStar wait, I mean don't kill more than half HP and wait :) (then a guy came and killed 800 times and found out that he can't win no mater what!!).
And even if with extractor or augmenter bonus, with the faction tagging system, it might be a temporary solution for the next 20 Behemoths or so, then we will have the same situation right now I believe.
I still think the 2nd-5th prizes will be the final solution ...

Ok. I'll get back in the habit of speaking s l o w l y. When I said we waited to go in, that implied (and I meant) that we had 0 kills for the first few hours. It wasn't being killed so we went in. Mamo coming in after we secured an Altus is not what I meant (and he got over it quickly and isn't mad at us at all - especially once he accepts the trade and has a pretty hat ;) ).

As for the bonus - I disagree. For Altus it would mean 4 helms per faction for most factions and for the Rosarakan it would do little; but giving us something to make WITH the arc would (and making it made with arc instead of Heart would benefit others more than Stars).

I'm not opposed to the 2nd - 5th prizes if they're done properly. I do NOT want a system where a faction (yeah, it'd be us atm) is punished for winning the Behemoth. I REALLY don't want more Behemoth items out in the world. So, it has to be done properly and that means not getting "part" of Behemoth drop as prize, and not having it be that the winner can't get what the non-winners get too.

#37 ss_korovo

ss_korovo
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2009 - 20:26

I still think it makes sense to use an Arc (fully made) and an Altus drop along with some other stuff to make a level 160 weapon (higher if you want) with stats equivalent of Arc stats for level 160. Would create a market for the Arcs out there along with demand for both Behemoth. Apparently a weapon is the only way to get people interested. Heck - use an arc with a 160 helm (fully made) to give a weapon with good stats for level 160-170 along with 50 defense points (or armor for all that matters).

I think it would be better to make another use for the bound drop rather than the tradeable weapon. If people actually had to fight for the drops, there would be more competition. Otherwise they will continue to sit back and buy the tradeable stuff from you.

... Although, now that I think about it, they would just sit back and wait for you to make whatever the next level of weapon is. Now that I have discredited myself, I'm going to post this anyway, seeing as I have already typed it and all.

#38 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 21:20

lol. Unfortunately there seems to be a bit of that attitude. I have no clue how to fix it. Medals got a few people interested in making 200 kills on a Behemoth but not getting factions involved to win them. There is a claim that it isn't worth the energy. Only way to do that is make the drops worth more. For Rosarakan that means gobbling up the drop into something else. If I suggested making the drop usable it would be self serving as we have some. At least the Arcs are spread throughout the game. With the stupid thing spawning every day or two the number of Arcs is growing as fast as the number of players.

I don't think Altus should be a problem that way. We have no trouble getting orders for them at fairly high prices. I think they need some combo solution (hence my suggesting an enhancement ONLY on Legendary stuff and using the Arc (or the Heart but I think Arc is better)). I just hope it stirs up competition.

#39 ss_teekill

ss_teekill
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2009 - 19:58

Ok. I'll get back in the habit of speaking s l o w l y.

Or you can drop the habit of sarcasm, believe me, it helps nothing at all except your self-satisfaction :)

When I said we waited to go in, that implied (and I meant) that we had 0 kills for the first few hours. It wasn't being killed so we went in. Mamo coming in after we secured an Altus is not what I meant (and he got over it quickly and isn't mad at us at all - especially once he accepts the trade and has a pretty hat ;) ).

Glad how that turns out. However, before your post, the Mamo's thread about his Behemoth hunting experience is quite memorable, don't you think? And that's why I am so supporting the 2nd-5th prize idea.

As for the bonus - I disagree. For Altus it would mean 4 helms per faction for most factions and for the Rosarakan it would do little; but giving us something to make WITH the arc would (and making it made with arc instead of Heart would benefit others more than Stars).

I think almost all factions have some centralized inventors, and not every faction inventing/crafting when the items in TH are dropping price rapidly. So I still think the bonus only serves the next 20 or so Behemoth (or even less).

I'm not opposed to the 2nd - 5th prizes if they're done properly. I do NOT want a system where a faction (yeah, it'd be us atm) is punished for winning the Behemoth. I REALLY don't want more Behemoth items out in the world. So, it has to be done properly and that means not getting "part" of Behemoth drop as prize, and not having it be that the winner can't get what the non-winners get too.

I don't want your faction (or any other factions) to be punished for winning either. Is that the case in Swords after HCS's changes?
Anyways, not punishing the winning faction doesn't mean there shouldn't more Behemoth items or whatever other items they can be. I think this is why the 2nd-5th prize system is not here yet, HCS might want to learn more from Sword?
So I understand that you don't want more Behemoth items. What about others?

#40 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 20:24

Master Extractor - this pays benefits outside of set creation. It would benefit people on long missions as well. Altus spawns every 4 days (roughly). If people really wanted to have the enhancement this would create a desire to have these helms that should be at least 50-100 helms deep. I'd say even more (we have 8 and would keep more if they had other uses or more value) but let's go with those numbers. This would create a desirable Altus drop for 200-400 days and even longer if player base increases. That should do it....

Arcs - These are different. We need to get some of these out of the game. Access to 73 of these atm is too many for the player base. Rosarakan spawns about every 1-2 days (with some broken strings). So the number of these will go up to 100 in the next month or two. We need to get rid of these to up the value. There is an argument for making the Heart usable in another blueprint or consuming the Arc to make another item. I don't care, but if it uses the Heart it benefits my faction more directly than if it uses the Arc so I am arguing for the Arc as it benefits more people (and me less).

2nd - 5th. This to me is important but without the two above I don't think it will fix it. I think it will basically do what the medal did. Get people to waste a few hundred energy to get on the board to get some credit toward the next thing. As for the reward - we have to be careful that it does two things. First, the winner must get some of what the 2-5 finishers get. Second, it has to create a VERY small number of items as otherwise they will also have no value. I agree HCS is faced with a dilemma here and I think doing this without the first 2 won't achieve the result desired.

To make Behemoth hunting fun people have to want to WIN. I don't think it will be any more fun if a few factions come in to get 100-200 kills just to get on the board. I also think rewarding that might be silly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: