Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:33

We've added some improved error reporting to the new world map. So if you're one of our users that gets a blank black box where the world map should be could you please check back and see what it says now? It should show a little box with a more detailed error in it that you can copy and paste to us here.

Chrome:
Press F12, click Console

Firefox:
Press Ctrl + Shift + J and set it to show Errors (not Warnings)

Safari:
Go to Preferences > Advanced and check 'Show Develop menu in menu bar'. You should then be able to hit Ctrl + Alt + C (on windows) to bring up the Console.

Internet Explorer:
Sacrifice 2 animals to your Microsoft overlords at the Altar of Fire. Then press F12 and hope it shows you something vaguely useful. Depending on your version you'll be lucky to get a Console. If you're using IE6 I think this triggers the self destruct.

For those of you using Google Chrome, on a black or blank screen, hit F12 and tell us the error message that's displayed on the console.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 23:35

Not really a map error, but has to do with maps in general. Just started wondering what ever happened to being able to build guild fortresses on them? and attacking other guilds fortresses as I was really looking forward to that implementation.

#3 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2012 - 18:29

Not really a map error, but has to do with maps in general. Just started wondering what ever happened to being able to build guild fortresses on them? and attacking other guilds fortresses as I was really looking forward to that implementation.

That was part of the proposed GvG re-vamp wasn't it? I thought the RP farmers whined and moaned and got the project shelved? Never really affected me though, not as if my army of one in a fortress would have been able to do anything lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#4 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 00:39

That was part of the proposed GvG re-vamp wasn't it? I thought the RP farmers whined and moaned and got the project shelved? Never really affected me though, not as if my army of one in a fortress would have been able to do anything lol

Yea, I believe it was part of a proposed GVG fix initially, but I had been under the impression hoof had decided to make it a new aspect of the game instead of replacing gvg. Maybe the ultimately decided to scrap the idea? I hope not though as it had a lot of potential.

#5 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 00:07

We've added some improved error reporting to the new world map. So if you're one of our users that gets a blank black box where the world map should be could you please check back and see what it says now? It should show a little box with a more detailed error in it that you can copy and paste to us here.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

bump, for all the blank screen complaints

#6 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:02

~ The Fallen Sword Team

I still have just a blank box. I see no error information.

#7 kanclers

kanclers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:02

Posted Image

Cannot even leave this black point.... :x

#8 jsustin212

jsustin212

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:04

That happens to me now and then on chrome too. Clear all history and cashe. Then reload. If that doesnt do it for u switch to firefox

jsus_zpsa8d5d247.png

#9 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 15:03

I use safari. Nothing works for me. It only happens on specific maps. One of those happens to be the mountain path. So I have to assume that if new people have this problem they would get frustrated and quit.

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 November 2012 - 15:10

Does it occur in the Cathedral itself now?

#11 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 15:11

No, I have the map in the cathedral But unless I switch to the old version I can not get there :(

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 November 2012 - 15:12

Do you know any others this occurs on by any chance?

You can see the Cathedral interior? Well, that knackers one of my theories. When was the last time you were in the Cathedral? This week?

#13 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 15:15

You can see the Cathedral interior? Well, that knackers one of my theories. When was the last time you were in the Cathedral? This week?

I have been there off and on. I just switch to the old map and make my way there and switch back. It happens periodically on other maps. I have noticed though it happens on every titan map. I haven't been able to hunt the new titans. The old titans like Fuvu, it happens on most of his maps but, I was able to hunt him once. Very strange.

#14 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 15:17

I just made my way to the cathedral now. I can see it just fine on the new map.

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 November 2012 - 15:20

I have been there off and on. I just switch to the old map and make my way there and switch back. It happens periodically on other maps. I have noticed though it happens on every titan map. I haven't been able to hunt the new titans. The old titans like Fuvu, it happens on most of his maps but, I was able to hunt him once. Very strange.

Okay, just spoken to Zorg. For Safari : Go into your options in Safari and switch on Developer mode. Then hit F12 on a black screen. It should display the error message in the console that appears. Tell me what it says and I can pass it to Zorg.

For those of you using Google Chrome, on a black or blank screen, hit F12 and tell us the error message that's displayed on the console.

Ctrl + Shift + J will open the error console in Firefox.

Cheers!

#16 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 21:48

Posted Image
bump

#17 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:34

Not working again. This is the error message, not sure if its the right one. f12 does not bring up the debug menu on my mac

world.js:1374

TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'this.frameDurations[this.frame]')

i did clear the cache.

#18 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:46

Okay. Will ask Zorg to look at this.

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:34

In order to see Javascript errors you need to bring up the Error Console. If you can report these errors it would help us greatly in debugging the problem.

Chrome:
Press F12, click Console

Firefox:
Press Ctrl + Shift + J and set it to show Errors (not Warnings)

Safari:
Go to Preferences > Advanced and check 'Show Develop menu in menu bar'. You should then be able to hit Ctrl + Alt + C (on windows) to bring up the Console.

Internet Explorer:
Sacrifice 2 animals to your Microsoft overlords at the Alter of Fire. Then press F12 and hope it shows you something vaguely useful. Depending on your version you'll be lucky to get a Console. If you're using IE6 I think this triggers the self destruct.

#20 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2012 - 15:20

Hey everyone.

Is everyone that's experiencing this issue using the helper? I'm hearing multiple reports that switching off the Log Notification Sound results in the game functioning again. Can everyone who's having this issue confirm or deny this please?

Cheers,
Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: