:D

#22 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 13:13

Just my personal view on this, as to why not many people are responding to this.
Some people successfully have shops for people to order personal avis or sigs. Somthing they want, not the off chance someone makes something to there taste in a place like this.
And there is then the fact it makes the GGT and auctions and what have you less special and just 'another'....
But hey, I wish you (all) luck here.

#23 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 15:15

Me neither :P. But not a lot of people are responding to this so far, so we gotta spread the message a little more :P

I will throw it up in the fsbox and put a link in my bio
oh and spaz I see what you are saying bout the ggt and how this may make it look less special but I think it may not interfere
Oh and also we will see a few more when aa0007 and paingwin end there contests
will post some up soon ( on previous reply )
ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#24 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 15:21

Perhaps you are right Spaz, but from how I understood the GGT, you pay 2 fsp per piece you put in, and you don't get any profits if your GFX sells, whereas here, you don't pay, and you get the profits for yourself. But of course, that's just what I got told in a pm.

#25 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 January 2013 - 17:21

Perhaps you are right Spaz, but from how I understood the GGT, you pay 2 fsp per piece you put in, and you don't get any profits if your GFX sells, whereas here, you don't pay, and you get the profits for yourself. But of course, that's just what I got told in a pm.

I think you slightly misunderstood.

To enter the GGT (the contest itself) you have to pay 2 FSP

The GGT auction costs nothing to donate pieces however, the artists who donate pieces also do not get any FSP.

The FSP goes to the prizes for the GGT contest and is split between the top three with the biggest pot going to the winner.

OT: I think the reason you are not getting that many is close to what spaz says.
1. A good portion of the works donated are ones done for other contests.
2. the special pieces made for the GGT are because people want to see the GGT be a good one
3. it is easier for someone to maintain their own auction spaces. specially if they already have made a name for themselves.
4. there is an auction section that is easy for someone to look through
5. there is not real need for this

That being said. I am not saying this won't work. People will still look at it and purchase just like they would any other auction.

I think it would be better for this to be for newer artists that haven't made a name for themselves yet to get their name out in a common section. I know personally, I hit all my favorite artists every time I see a link for their auctions. New people however, I like to take a peek at the newer artists once in a while but, I would do it more frequently if I could find them in one place.

#26 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 21:51

Hmm, yeah, I misunderstood your pms then. But maybe you are right, maybe it should just be for the newer ones, I would call myself a famous artist, but I have made a fair pile of work in the time I've been here and done gfx, so yeah, a good amount of people know me. Honestly, I don't think anyone's ever gonna be as famous as Pix was though, I think he's the only one to ever get above 100 fsp for an avi (At least, an unanimated one, not that I understand why anyone would pay 80-150 fsp for an animated avi) so yeah. I might consider that suggestion

#27 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 21:59

I would call myself a famous artist, but I have made a fair pile of work in the time I've been here and done gfx, so yeah, a good amount of people know me. Honestly, I don't think anyone's ever gonna be as famous as Pix was though, I think he's the only one to ever get above 100 fsp for an avi (At least, an unanimated one, not that I understand why anyone would pay 80-150 fsp for an animated avi)

*cough* *cough* Grimmhawk, Athdenald, treefrog88, HaloArtist, LichBlader, DarkDyablo,... *cough* *cough*

Pretty lady I did not wanted to post but your comments called my atention

#28 Grimmhawk

Grimmhawk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:05

Hmm, yeah, I misunderstood your pms then. But maybe you are right, maybe it should just be for the newer ones, I would call myself a famous artist, but I have made a fair pile of work in the time I've been here and done gfx, so yeah, a good amount of people know me. Honestly, I don't think anyone's ever gonna be as famous as Pix was though, I think he's the only one to ever get above 100 fsp for an avi (At least, an unanimated one, not that I understand why anyone would pay 80-150 fsp for an animated avi) so yeah. I might consider that suggestion

I've actually gotten over 100 fsp multiple times in contests and auctions for single pieces ;)

I think I still have the record on highest price paid for a single piece.

#29 athdenald

athdenald

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:09

And I won over 400+ FSP made up of gear and purple dots in a contest once.

Thanks for sticking up for us Wes :)

#30 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:11

I've actually gotten over 100 fsp multiple times in contests and auctions for single pieces ;)

:shock:
wow I hope to be that good someday, and I think that anyone who is doing freebies at the moment would be good contenders I was hoping that my fsbox message would reach some newer artists :|
ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#31 Grimmhawk

Grimmhawk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:15

:shock:
wow I hope to be that good someday, and I think that anyone who is doing freebies at the moment would be good contenders I was hoping that my fsbox message would reach some newer artists :|

You'll get there :) ...just keep practicing and don't be afraid to experiment with different styles.

#32 Grimmhawk

Grimmhawk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:16

Thanks for sticking up for us Wes :)

+1

#33 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:26

Somehow, I get the feeling the conversation changed to a completely different topic.

#34 Grimmhawk

Grimmhawk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:29

Somehow, I get the feeling the conversation changed to a completely different topic.

That's normal around here ,lol.

But to get back on topic ,your idea would work good for getting newer artists known and their work circulated.

#35 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:42

Well, alright, I'm not checking the graphic forums often, unless I'm checking my own shop or something. But yeah, might just have to scout out some newer GFX makers.

#36 Xed

Xed

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:42

Was reading thru and noticed you said something bout' Pix? Who is he :P

Xed.gif

Xed's Graphic Shoppe: http://forums.hunted...graphic-shoppe/

#37 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:47

A retired GFX maker, He still plays, his name is Pix200 if I don't remember wrong, and I think his average profit per avatar (Before they made animated pngs available) would probably be 40-50 per weekly auction. I think the highest he earned on one piece in the auction was somewhere between 120-150 fsp, so yeah, I'm pretty sure he got paid enough :). But he doesn't make GFX anymore, maybe for his friends or guilds, but not on orders or auctions. He also doesn't teach people, so yeah, there's no point in trying to get him to make something, he's a bit stubborn on that topic, but that's alright, we got other GFX makers too, so he doesn't take all the profits.

#38 Xed

Xed

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:50

Just curious, anyone knows where I could see his work?

Xed.gif

Xed's Graphic Shoppe: http://forums.hunted...graphic-shoppe/

#39 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:51

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=95282

http://pixieforest.t...08/16/untitled/

http://s62.beta.phot...de ... yo Album

#40 Xed