217 replies to this topic

#201 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 13:55

I will point out that the benefit to building the stim has been significantly reduced at these prices. If I remember correctly, that was one of the principle goals of this. The plan to put a PITA blueprint to sell an 8x version out there for low-to-high trading has been hampered. If the 6x had had a value of 200k and 100-150 SF tokens, the profit would have been nice for low level traders - at these prices not so much. I guess they will carry a value above 50k but probably not much and that changes the dynamics of who will find it worthwhile to collect a burdensome collection of drops and an expensive part to build the 8x.

No the x8 hasn't been hampered as x8 is much larger than x6 and will be just as valuable as the MK3 Int is compared to the Intensifier, Low levels still benefit as less credits will lower the FC market but overall the true value of the x8 will be decided on how easy or hard is to make them the x6 won't affect it.

Actually it will, as they are substitutes. The difference between MK3 and MK2 INT is totally different. Part of the value of the MK3 is the increased credits it returns and thus the high value it retains relative to it's strictly inferior cousin. Part of the cost of 8x accelerator is a 33% reduction in credits earned - making it superior in 1 regard and inferior in others. The demand and supply relationships are clearly a function of the price of the not dominated alternative. I didn't say they would sell for the same price - just that the lower the price of the 6x accelerator the lower the price of the 8x.

#202 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 14:01

If they make them tough to make which I hope they do they will have good value, after all who would have thought people would pay 50 FC for DP250

#203 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 14:08

If they make them tough to make which I hope they do they will have good value, after all who would have thought people would pay 50 FC for DP250

Why would difficulty in production affect demand? A unique item is different (though I still don't see how anyone thought it was worth 50 FC - except if someone was buying 1,000s of FC worth of energy) as it is not producible by others.

#204 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 14:44

on a side note ,these new stims should not be able to be used if you are below your vl

While this is almost a non-issue in this game - why not? Besides the coding nightmare, imagine what happens if you die on your first mob in a new realm....

#205 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 15:40

Just adding something on the table : What kind of energy tanks will the Accelerator stim apply to? Assuming amounts of 4K+ energy for most players that will be using the new stim, its clear that they will only need 2-3 of these stims weekly. Add to that the low number of active players overall and its clear that there has to be some care with the rate of those stims coming in the game -especially through TH-, we wouldnt want oversupply that would deem the SF prize a token sink and the TH version a standard 50K acquisition, as the other TH special stims are now.

#206 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2010 - 16:09

Quick question. What Level do we want players to be to use this? In the past, the higher stims have scaled. For example, the Mk3 Intensifier is of use to level 50+ players. Dow we want this on the Accelerator too?

#207 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 16:13

I think demand is greatly exegerrated IMHO. so we will see 50k price for it anyway soon. most sub4k player will just run 3x or 4x intensifier. no need for higher for them unless their connection sucks. Why I was not concerned with even standard higher lvl intensifier if price was high enough to offset the increased cr coming in. I do know a few that will use it, but they don't care about cr anyway. :D (on very slow connection where they only burn 2k/hour with 4x)

regarding the lvl I don't think it matters. at least to me anyway. more credit sink , more comeptition for the stims, better. especially if it is SF award. if they can join SF, they should be able to use it.

#208 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 16:14

maybe level 25 but I don't think the level matters since anyone who uses it will need more than the basic max energy to use it.

#209 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 December 2010 - 16:16

Quick question. What Level do we want players to be to use this? In the past, the higher stims have scaled. For example, the Mk3 Intensifier is of use to level 50+ players. Dow we want this on the Accelerator too?

Use of the accelerator will likely be disruptive to younger play I'd imagine. I think level 50 for the 250 and level 100 for the 350 would be when they would become useful to most.

#210 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2010 - 16:56

I have added the Mk 1 Accelerator stim to both the Slaughterfest prizes and the Trade Hub Special section.

#211 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 17:12

I have added the Mk 1 Accelerator stim to both the Slaughterfest prizes and the Trade Hub Special section.

nice.... just curious on the timeline for the 350? by weeks end? or are we looking at next week?

#212 dylune

dylune

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 17:14

All I can say is this looks good! Tested stim and works well with INT MK3, I get 6x XP and energy cost, 4x credits and skill power. Thank you, thank you, thank you HCS!

#213 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2010 - 17:36

nice.... just curious on the timeline for the 350? by weeks end? or are we looking at next week?

I'll try for next week as our focus is of getting ahead for Xmas at the moment so it is possible that it could come in the New Year. I'd rather it sooner though. There is a colossal amount of work to get both Sigma and Sword ready for the festive period. Content and Seasonal content. The Accelerator was something I personally wanted to get out due to the volume of players asking for it.

#214 joejim

joejim

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 20:36

hey biggrim u guys should say u added it on the frontpage of the game i doubt people will know about it

i think the level for it is to low maybe like level 75 would be good :D

#215 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 00:20

already selling for 50k LMAO got one for that. unless someone is overflowing with tokens, no one will use tokens to get them

#216 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:39

already selling for 50k LMAO got one for that. unless someone is overflowing with tokens, no one will use tokens to get them

** ANNOUNCERS VOICE **

This just in, get your accelerators while their hot!!! Introductory offer! 50k gets you yours now!

Prices Subject to change

#217 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:28

I have 150 SF points that have been collecting cobwebs for a few months so I'm good for 3 great hunts :D

Thanks BULLS and COWS for this great addition!

I have about 3600 energy near max when I hunt (minus buffing myself)
I have computer lag whether it is the game or my PC and buffs run out before I use 75% of my energy before this ACC MK 1 stim was introduced :(

With the ACC MK 1 and a Intense 100 ( for x3 gold only) I was able to complete 100% of a level and have time to explore next in 40 minutes (Micro Gen was still running)

I love it :D

My thoughts

This could drive down the cost of the MK 3 INT stim and to get both for 100K total would be an awesome combination for players with a minimum of 3K energy! At the current prices of the MK3 INT stim, 350K credits is a lot and is affordable to players with much more energy than I have available.

So, MK 1 ACC + MK 2 INT is the best way to go for a profitable hunt :D

The MK 2 RES stim will be introduced when :?: :lol:

#218 ss_teekill

ss_teekill
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2010 - 17:58

(repeat from another post, since this might be helpful here)
To people who are anti-skill-point-multiplier:
There is an option of roughly 40-100k credit per instant MS out there for a long long time already if you are smart enough to find. And if that is too costly, then whatever you are hunting (not lvling) is not worth to hunt, not to say using some extreme int/acc stim to waste your energy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: