• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 September 2013 - 16:24

Quests:

Unsanctioned Magic

First Day on the Job

Regarding this bug:

I completed the First Day on the Job quest string with Quartermaster Kramer prior to doing the Unsanctioned Magic quest. There was no issue with completing either quest, but it should be noted that it overlaps in an odd way when you go to scout for the soldier for QM Kramer. The scout is found dead in both quests but Kramer only responds correctly to the First Day quest. The narrative does not match the actions.

Thanks,

Shane

#2 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge
  • Austria

Posted 12 September 2013 - 16:30

Army Path and Arcane Path will guide you to the same location very often.

It's always a good idea to start both paths before doing anything related.

~ Be a friendly Founder. Help Newcomers. ~

Char 1: Kyrion - Ranger - lvl 49

Crystal- 49: Farming- 49 : Fishing- 49 : Foraging- 49 : Forestry- 49 : Prospect- 49 : Skinning- 49 

Alchemy- 49 : Armor- 49 : Cooking- 49 : Jewelry- 49 : Leather- 49 : Tailoring- 49 : Weapons- 49

Char 2: Elnestor - Templar - lvl 49   **** Char 3: Sarakh - Mage - lvl 49 **** Char 4: Razvan - Assassin - lvl 49

Char 5: LordRahl - Warrior - lvl 49  **** Char 6: Hezekiel - Prophet - lvl 49 **** Char 7: Durendal - Ranger - lvl 49

#3 Destroyer

Destroyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 September 2013 - 16:38

Originally, you were supposed to choose one path. But blocking people out of content wasn't a great idea so we changed it. So story-wise there is a fair bit of overlap in the Culling / Curing quest books. 

#4 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 September 2013 - 17:41

Originally, you were supposed to choose one path. But blocking people out of content wasn't a great idea so we changed it. So story-wise there is a fair bit of overlap in the Culling / Curing quest books. 

Emmmm,,,, so perhaps you mean that when game goes live people are to choose only 1 of 3 paths (assasin if being worked on i hope, - and if not some items\skills should be added as optional reward to Army questline)???

IGN

Captain Politness lvl 1 War.Ass.Pro.

Man.... its boring!!!!  Lets do some everyday TEAM PVP

#5 Destroyer

Destroyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 September 2013 - 18:07

In the original plan, Players were supposed to chose between joining the Eldevin Army and joining the Arcane Council. These questbooks, and the other associated questbooks were meant to be separate. But we quickly realised that it was a bad idea to only allow Players access to 50% of the content. I hope that clears things up a bit, and explains a few of the quest overlaps.

#6 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 September 2013 - 18:13

In the original plan, Players were supposed to chose between joining the Eldevin Army and joining the Arcane Council. These questbooks, and the other associated questbooks were meant to be separate. But we quickly realised that it was a bad idea to only allow Players access to 50% of the content. I hope that clears things up a bit, and explains a few of the quest overlaps.

Well your original idea in my mostly HO, was quite corret, - it would engourage some 50 lvl to start over, but still its good for Beta, so we could test it all out.

Still this co-quest mess makes some double XP and a bit of confusion as well. Splitting the lines would reduce XP, making people XP farm in dungens, XP farm in PVP and PVE for girlies  :)

If an Assasin line is added - it would look just great and mostly balanced.

If one wants some more content - let him start over.

Most of the player do not care about questing anyway, - their goals are to slay some bosses really fast and a bunch of "wise" guys in PVP\Mass PVP\Castle takeover due to some simple natural instincts :)

IGN

#7 killrclown

killrclown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 September 2013 - 18:54

Thanks for the feedback on the issue

#8 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 22:14

Most of the player do not care about questing anyway, - their goals are to slay some bosses really fast and a bunch of "wise" guys in PVP\Mass PVP\Castle takeover due to some simple natural instincts :)

Really? I really enjoy the questing side of things. Especially when they have been well written, makes them much more enjoyable.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#9 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 September 2013 - 22:25

Really? I really enjoy the questing side of things. Especially when they have been well written, makes them much more enjoyable.

I bet if we make a public vote now in beta and same public vote when game is released the results would make one think these were quite different worlds ;)

IGN

#10 Destroyer

Destroyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2013 - 00:12

I bet if we make a public vote now in beta and same public vote when game is released the results would make one think these were quite different worlds ;)

Thanks for that vote of confidence in Varkaz's and my work :P

#11 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:15

Another vote for love the quests.  If anything, I would like to see more quests at the higher levels where leveling otherwise slows down (26+).

And Eldevin has some of the best, most creative quest lines I've seen in a long time.  With plenty of fun dialog to make it even more enjoyable.  I'm really itching to see where this story goes, and how it's all resolved in 15 more levels.

I do enjoy team PvP (especially battleground style), and I'm sure I'll play some PvP eventually.  But it's the questing, along with a good balance of professions, that really got me hooked on this game.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#12 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:48

What i mean is that public here and now much differs from public to come when game is released. Click-mob-tho death people, 24\7 farming people, skip-dialog people, skip-questline people and many more are to come. And thats what shold be kept in mind. That type of players makes the average majority, in games with any interesting PVP\takeover system whether you like it or not. I dont. - prefer a deeper personalities that do read stuff. 

I like reading the quests, greatly improving my English (thanks to HCS for interesting dialogues), like the story and overall questsystem, but still we are to think about people what do not care much about that.

If the gameplay is overquested - the questlines are to be spread.

If there are some gaps like 25-30, - some quests should be added.

IMHO it is a bit overquested - not many people do Dungeons for XP, or mass mob slaying for XP, - people are in a permanent run to the next checkpoint :)

PS still we are few here and the poll wont be representative, but there should be one after a week or two of OBT for sure. 100% of current population are in love with Eldevin and when one is in love he does not pay attention to "slight" problems, that can grow to bigger ones.

IGN

#13 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:10

There are always going to be people who play MMOs in different ways. We have a lot of quest content and we're proud of that. A lot of people that we've heard from have praised the quantity and quality of our quest content. 

IMHO it is a bit overquested - not many people do Dungeons for XP, or mass mob slaying for XP, - people are in a permanent run to the next checkpoint  :)

We are working on lots of different things aside from questing. The achievement system was recently implemented. As you say we have dungeons with more to come as we raise the level cap. There's Horde mode and, should you choose, you can grind on mobs. There's also professions which you can level a character on. Later, when we introduce more convenient methods of trading, you'll be able to play the market and amass money. There's actually a lot of ways to play Eldevin and we like to think we're catering to a lot of different playstyles. There's even more vanity gear coming if you're not playing for the experience and the levels!

Of course, if questing isn't your thing it's going to seem like we have too many quests. Just as if you don't like PvP you will think our PvP arenas are a waste of time. Or if you don't like group content then our dungeons might be unneeded.

It's all a matter of perspective, I think. Hopefully there will be a way of playing Eldevin that's right for you.

#14 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:22

You forgot about running around in your pants playing the bagpipes in peoples faces! That is sure to keep a few players happy  :D

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#15 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:24

You forgot about running around in your pants playing the bagpipes in peoples faces! That is sure to keep a few players happy  :D

should definately get xp for that. I would level up like that all day. More XP for less clothes?

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: