Photo

Suggestion: Buff ideas (more type specific stat boosts like HF)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:55

I know a lot of people are confused/frustrated with the lack of new buffs... Why not a quick release of more buffs like Holy Flame that are Creature type specific? Not game breaking, and can be used on specific creature types.

Why not something like "Boil" for Aquatic (with a icon of a pot with a kraken arm hanging out of it), Grill Meat for Beast type, Grapeshot for Avian, Titanium Arrow for Dragon, Corroding Wind for Mechanical, and Caltrops for Mounted? Some would be stat de-buffs (like Caltrops for Mounted adn Corroding Wind) Some would be damage boosters (like Titanium arrow and Boil).

This would also give a rationale for new creatures to be added to lower level realms of these types. (Elites/Champions) that give notably more xp as their stats are much higher. Also could be somethign that for each one there is a new quest for those areas as well.

Just a few ideas, thoughts on some class type buffs that new content and quests could also be built around, along with ways to give a boost in xp for lower level players as well.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 November 2014 - 15:39

I like this, Gutie.  It adds freshness to the game, and sounds pretty cool to boot :)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 17:55

I like the concept. I think it could add something fresh to the game.

#4 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 18:52

could add some easy filler buffs throughout the missing levels.. 

personally i'd like to see the layout of all the buffs looked at and reworked once a new batch of buffs are ready for the game.. the jump from every 100 levels to 200 levels after level 1000 doesn't look exciting while i move onwards.. 

#5 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2014 - 14:15

i like it gutie 

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#6 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 November 2014 - 13:15

Anyone have any other ideas for potion/buff concepts like this? I mean there's the class type idea, but I'm curious if anyone has similar random type buffs? Maybe more related to enhancements?

Edited by Gutie, 28 November 2014 - 13:15.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 21:13

Ooh, Gutie, you know my favorite buff acts specifically on an enhancement.....   wouldn't one that boosted First Strike be interesting, or protect gold... (no, I'm not a traitor, but I get robbed occasionally,  a buff for that would be boss.....)

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#8 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 23:02

buffs that let us inflict even more damage???? (depending on creature class)

seriously, leveling is as easy as it gets, we put ONE hunting setup, buff & pot up and are 1 hitting 99% normal creatures !!!!

I do not even need wither to half the normal creatures HP because I have more than enough damage (only using normal SH175, DD, coord attack, ... no epic damage increasing pots)

wither lets me 1-HIT-KILL champions easily with a lot of rest damage + many elites !!!

this week new composing skills were released with insane high damage skills like coord attack350, smashing hammer 400+

now we can deal more damage and hunting was already very easy before the composing update and now wanting to introduce buffs that would help us deal even more damage than we already can would just be overkill

I would like to see new buffs too but not buffs that help us deal more damage like holy flame

I am missing the old days / "challenge" before smashing hammer & coord attack, ... where you had to change your setup during your hunt to 1-hit-kill or because you needed more attack / defense / damage

currently we put on ONE hunting setup and 1,2,3, R , 1, 2,3, R, ...... until we run out of stam :-/

Edited by mary4ever, 30 November 2014 - 23:03.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#9 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:53

I seriously hope hcs stop listening to players and manage their business as they see best,, Far to many things players have championed over the years have been bad for the game.

I saw a level 115 player other day with 5 k damage and no buffs over 175 average creature has less than 1 k Hp in their range and people want more damage buffs lol..

Edited by katatonic, 01 December 2014 - 05:01.

#10 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:40

To those adamantly stating that we do not need any more Damage augmenting skills:

As I said in another thread when something similar was brought up...

It should be remembered that not everyone has the ability to have +10% Damage relics available to them all the time (if at all).

I wear the highest Damage gear available for my level, and I currently do not 1-hit 100% of creatures when I am hunting.

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:47

buffs that let us inflict even more damage???? (depending on creature class)

seriously, leveling is as easy as it gets, we put ONE hunting setup, buff & pot up and are 1 hitting 99% normal creatures !!!!

I do not even need wither to half the normal creatures HP because I have more than enough damage (only using normal SH175, DD, coord attack, ... no epic damage increasing pots)

wither lets me 1-HIT-KILL champions easily with a lot of rest damage + many elites !!!

this week new composing skills were released with insane high damage skills like coord attack350, smashing hammer 400+

now we can deal more damage and hunting was already very easy before the composing update and now wanting to introduce buffs that would help us deal even more damage than we already can would just be overkill

I would like to see new buffs too but not buffs that help us deal more damage like holy flame

I am missing the old days / "challenge" before smashing hammer & coord attack, ... where you had to change your setup during your hunt to 1-hit-kill or because you needed more attack / defense / damage

currently we put on ONE hunting setup and 1,2,3, R , 1, 2,3, R, ...... until we run out of stam :-/

I need more damage.  I only 1 hit 60-70% of the time... Hunting is not always easy for everyone.  Give me bigger SH, etc... You don't have to use them if you don't want them.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#12 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:49

To those adamantly stating that we do not need any more Damage augmenting skills:

As I said in another thread when something similar was brought up...

It should be remembered that not everyone has the ability to have +10% Damage relics available to them all the time (if at all).

I wear the highest Damage gear available for my level, and I currently do not 1-hit 100% of creatures when I am hunting.

I would take bets you aren't using the best setup then. and fyi No one 1 hits 100% of the time we all can only 1 hit around 98.1 to 3 % of the time Maximum before Dodge First Strike etc etc

Edited by katatonic, 01 December 2014 - 10:17.

#13 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:04

game very easy now, very sad see people wanting have easier hunting than now, I was in some guilds with no relics and had no problem doing 1 hit killing 90% creatures and my setup was not perfect crafting or forged

I have friends that are low level in small guild with no relic or only one relic and they have very high damage when hunting, they not need wither

hunting was difficult years ago, now very easy, now you want make more than easy?

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 17:36

I would take bets you aren't using the best setup then. and fyi No one 1 hits 100% of the time we all can only 1 hit around 98.1 to 3 % of the time Maximum before Dodge First Strike etc etc

As I said, I don't 1 hit even that much.  I wear what the wiki says to wear, I get the buffs, and without epic pots, I come up 3K damage shy.  It may be easy for you, but not for me.  And judging by the consistency of the levels of my prey, seeing as how they stay pretty much the same and I keep up even at my slow pace, I'm not the only one with this difficulty, just the one that speaks up.  If you don't need the damage, save your $$$ and use it on what you need.  

On another note, I still want more gold from my hunt.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#15 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 19:03

the vast majority I know are 1-hit-killing !!!

only a handful are not because they had most / all their level up points NOT in damage !!!!

not only are they missing the bonus damage from their level up points but the skills berserk & fury were not working / giving them any extra damage !!!

to compensate for the missing damage they use wither350+

they choose to put their level up points NOT in damage to boost their other stats (attack, defense, armor, hp) and logically they would not have as much damage as the majority of FS players who put their (most) level up points in damage !!!!

badpenny, if you are really using the hunting setup from the wiki and not 1-hit-killing then I am 99.9% sure that you have your (most) level up points NOT in damage !!!!

at my lvl I get about +10k damage from level up points + berserk + fury !!!

I am mentoring / helping a few smaller guilds with hunting, offline & pvp setups and everyone of them is able to 1-hit-kill 90+% of the time because they have their level up points in damage !!!!

they do not have relics to give them +10% damage and some of them do not even have perf fully forged hunting setups but are still 1-hit-killing !!!

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 19:10

You're right, Sweetie, I don't.  I am designed for PvP, have been a long time, and have no plans to change this.  But the LUP I have in other stats don't add up to 3k, and fyi, Fury also boosts attack, which is necessary when clearing those big bounties I so love.  I'm not complaining here, as I have learned to compensate for the deficit with epic pots, and using Arterial Strike to increase my XP for the 2 hit shots.  I don't use the big wither as it's not cost effective for me.  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#17 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 19:44

you can still 1-hit-kill even if you have all your level up points NOT in damage + NOT using any crafted or forged items + NO relics to give you +10% damage !!!

use this setup: http://wiki.fallensw..._list#level_500

Brides Set + Crushing Fist Set + Illuyanka Set = 6.861 damage if your items are ALL uncrafted & unforged !!

with SH175 + coord attack175 = +35% damage => ~9.250 damage

add EW1k (in AH for 2400 gold) + EA175 + iron fist 175 + enchant shield 175 + epic craft 175 => ~10.500 damage !!!

add death dealer which gives you +20% damage ====> 12.500+ damage in total

and mobs around your level have about 10.500 - 11.000 HP !!!

EXTRA: almost everyone uses wither368 (distil50 + wither350, which can be bought in AH for 10k & 50k gold) which has a 73.5% chance to half the mobs HP to make hunting even easier !!!

these stats are based on someone having NO relics, NO forged or crafted gear, NO level up points in damage, NO composing pots like SH400 or coord attack350 and NO epic pots !!!

#18 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 20:41

Mary, that's what I use.  AND the mobs around my level need up to 17K damage to kill ....  I've been around this block a few times, I know how to play and maximize my hunt.   When I hit a snag, I know how to ask for advice.  I've had this handicap for years now, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.  Don't try to make me look stupid.  I am not.....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#19 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 20:56

was only trying to give some advice, you can disregard my post, was not my intention to upset you or anything like that .....

#20 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 15:47

the vast majority I know are 1-hit-killing !!!

only a handful are not because they had most / all their level up points NOT in damage !!!!

not only are they missing the bonus damage from their level up points but the skills berserk & fury were not working / giving them any extra damage !!!

to compensate for the missing damage they use wither350+

they choose to put their level up points NOT in damage to boost their other stats (attack, defense, armor, hp) and logically they would not have as much damage as the majority of FS players who put their (most) level up points in damage !!!!

badpenny, if you are really using the hunting setup from the wiki and not 1-hit-killing then I am 99.9% sure that you have your (most) level up points NOT in damage !!!!

at my lvl I get about +10k damage from level up points + berserk + fury !!!

I am mentoring / helping a few smaller guilds with hunting, offline & pvp setups and everyone of them is able to 1-hit-kill 90+% of the time because they have their level up points in damage !!!!

they do not have relics to give them +10% damage and some of them do not even have perf fully forged hunting setups but are still 1-hit-killing !!!

I have most of my level up points put into the other stats, not damage

when I drink potions and am buffed I have less damage (7000-8000 damage) that players at my level who put their level up points in damage

it was my choice to put my level up points into other stats (for pvp) and not into damage like most players did

I might have lesser damage than most players at my level when I am hunting but in pvp my other stats are better than them

compared to years ago hunting is now easier and legendary items are cheaper

players leveled without smashing hammer and coord attack,

after getting smashing hammer and coord attack, new LE gears that have better stats than the old LE ones, .... players want it more easy to hunt?

we do not need the game to get even easier than now

ps: even after putting most of my level up points in other stats than damage, I am one-hitting 97% of the normal mobs, for champions I use a wither pot to one-hit ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: