Photo

Change in Titan Doubler !!! (bring balance to titan hunting with the doubler)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Yousha

Yousha

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:33

As many of the titan hunters like me will agree that the new "Titan Doubler" has almost killed the fun of hunting titans. Now titans are getting killed in less then an hour, if this keeps up soon the AH will be flooded with epics and the price of the Epics will drop far below so to bring back the balance some change need to be done soon. I hope many players are thinking of something so i thought about something my self. it's a simple change

the new titan doubler can work like this - At skill level 50+, 4x Stamina usage in combat against a Titan would kill it twice. At level 100+ 8x, and at level 150+ 16x.

players who does not have time can use more stamina to kill it quickly. those who has time but don't have stamina can take their time and kill it slowly. there should be a opportunity cost.

#2 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:57

i think epics were on their way out anyway, been dieing for a long time, probably about time they gave recipes to combine two of them, eg two deepwater chokers = fabled deepwater choker ... stam gain increases by +1 and xp gain increases by x10, maybe even +25 max stamina on them :)

edit: or better yet a shop in cathedral of ways to combine them, omacaz would just make more of them :)

Edited by Undjuvion, 16 April 2015 - 10:06.

#3 Yousha

Yousha

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:26

i think epics were on their way out anyway, been dieing for a long time, probably about time they gave recipes to combine two of them, eg two deepwater chokers = fabled deepwater choker ... stam gain increases by +1 and xp gain increases by x10, maybe even +25 max stamina on them :)

edit: or better yet a shop in cathedral of ways to combine them, omacaz would just make more of them :)

We are talking about the "Titan Doubler", so suggestion on that will be helpful. 

#4 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:29

We are talking about the "Titan Doubler", so suggestion on that will be helpful. 

titan doubler is fine though so my suggestion is leave it alone, it is not the problem :)

#5 Yousha

Yousha

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:38

titan doubler is fine though so my suggestion is leave it alone, it is not the problem :)

no wonder you think like that as you are on top and players down below seems nothing to you, new players like us who make fsp by selling epics will have problem.

#6 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:46

no wonder you think like that as you are on top and players down below seems nothing to you, new players like us who make fsp by selling epics will have problem.

nope, i see problems clearer for other reasons, most rational that most could accept is cos of my time spent ingame, titan doubler is just accelerating what other things are doing/causing, only so much can be done, remove titan doubler or alter it and what is happening will happen anyway.. eventually, u need to shift or disperse weight of the problems that will give much greater length and allow fsp in your pocket at better amounts and for longer :)

#7 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:51

Just New Global event rewards recipe to combine current low level epics to some new useful epic item or chest can sink these epics quickly ;)

with low chance to invent ofcourse

Edited by shindrak, 16 April 2015 - 10:54.

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:52

I've been getting messages from players in-game and in Support saying that they are finally Titan Hunting again. I'm seeing a lot of Guilds I've never seen Titan Hunting SECURING their own win! It sounds like the TDoubler is doing it's job.

#9 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:54

Just New Global event rewards recipe to combine current low level epics to some new useful epic can sink these epics quickly wink.png

with low chance to invent ofcourse

Not sure it works with Global Events but I could maybe see combining Epics with other items. Possibly the stuff from LE's or the Arena. With a low invention chance for sure.

#10 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:34

Not sure it works with Global Events but I could maybe see combining Epics with other items. Possibly the stuff from LE's or the Arena. With a low invention chance for sure.

That can be good too specially on epics worth less than 100's  fsp with current inventable arena sets

#11 Jinan

Jinan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:27

By looking at the Titan kill log, most of the time its one of the top level guild that gets the secure since after this update was done. Those who are fast can take more hp from the titan on each spot even before the slower player reaches there.

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:33

I've been getting messages from players in-game and in Support saying that they are finally Titan Hunting again. I'm seeing a lot of Guilds I've never seen Titan Hunting SECURING their own win! It sounds like the TDoubler is doing it's job.

This is still what I'm seeing most.

#13 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 13:18

By looking at the Titan kill log, most of the time its one of the top level guild that gets the secure since after this update was done. Those who are fast can take more hp from the titan on each spot even before the slower player reaches there.

there's low level guilds faster than higher level it has nothing to do with level or rank... this is old problem

but with new map improvement i can't see much difference in speed between players unless the players has slow reaction when titan spawn or pressing '0' to refresh map abit late to see next spawn

Edited by shindrak, 16 April 2015 - 13:19.

#14 kurghasti

kurghasti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 13:36

I dont see the problem here, since adding Titan Doubler, it has made the game much more fun.

#15 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 14:12

better not stuff from arena or ladder, put them from LE drops because everyone can easy get those LE drops :)

#16 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 April 2015 - 14:36

better not stuff from arena or ladder, put them from LE drops because everyone can easy get those LE drops :)

or better yet, SE's below about lvl 800ish.

edit: reasoning for reference.. low levels cant buy gear that is soldout cos its highly wanted LE gear .. high level LE gear then low levels cant cash in during events ... SE's are always there and make for some lucky finds :)

Edited by Undjuvion, 16 April 2015 - 14:41.

#17 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 14:48

or better yet, SE's below about lvl 800ish.

edit: reasoning for reference.. low levels cant buy gear that is soldout cos its highly wanted LE gear .. high level LE gear then low levels cant cash in during events ... SE's are always there and make for some lucky finds :)

good one with SE's :)

#18 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 16:41

Why a low invention chance?? This will only allow players with hundreds of these "epics" to create the new items. The fairest way would not be to invent at all, rather a place to exchange them for something else, something actually epic

#19 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 17:31

Why a low invention chance?? This will only allow players with hundreds of these "epics" to create the new items. The fairest way would not be to invent at all, rather a place to exchange them for something else, something actually epic

those with hundered items spent stam or fsps to get them... they didnt get them for free.

I don't think any player got hundered of epics lol

why would someone hold on his epics while its going down in price?

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 18:46

I'd like to see something truely rare...We need REAL EPICS...everyone has epics now they should be made into a new class of item and you should create a true epic class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: