Photo

Life Steal on Hit doesnt work as supposed?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 23:58

I have a +15 Health on Hit Essence but i get +30 HP / hit

Are there any factors that may push my health steal on hit? usually i have 0 - with the +15 essenc ei have 30

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#2 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 00:10

There are a couple of possibilities which could've occurred here, which I'll go into in a sec. Could you give us more information about the particular Essence you were using, with what skills, and on what monsters? Do you have the Replenishment talent, and if so, did you crit, or is it 30 heal on all hits?

The two things I can think of, off the top of my head, are:

-The essence you have in particular incorrectly displays the correct life on hit

-Some skills do a 'double hit'; that is to say they actually use your health on hit effect twice, and degrade your weapon twice as fast while using the skill. Rupture is an example of this(it has a two-hit component, so it procs health on hit twice, and uses double durability). Skills that hit multiple targets may also do this.

#3 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 00:23

only using 2 different skills - normal ranged attack (as mage) and fireball ... both +30 hp always

everything else unequipped for the test its the lvl 25 essence from Garai

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#4 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 00:28

Hmm, unusual. I will have to look into this. I'll scrounge around for an essence with life on hit and do some testing.

Edit: That is, IF I can find one with life on hit or a socket. Might be awhile before I can test this one! Maybe ask around to see if anyone has had similar results with Essences?

Edited by huhbum, 30 December 2013 - 00:43.

#5 proffej

proffej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:20

Thats souldnt  change that much on the ess  but maybe its because they  made the ess take damage so now your duration effects it in some way !!! 

#6 Soupboy

Soupboy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:14

i don find any possinblity may be a error or so ;)

#7 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 13:38

Wow!

So I finally got a socketed Lucent Essence and tested it out. You're right, there's something real screwy going on!

When I embedded an cracked Almandine gem into it and put it on, it healed for double the health! I then switched gems to a jagged Almandine, and the heal returned to normal value. But when I switched essences to my normal essence and then switched back, it went back to healing for double!

Apparently if you swap essences in your ranged slot, when you swap in a health on hit essence, it heals for double somehow. Not sure how it worked, but it worked! Definitely a bug. Good catch!

#8 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:45

Wow!

So I finally got a socketed Lucent Essence and tested it out. You're right, there's something real screwy going on!

When I embedded an cracked Almandine gem into it and put it on, it healed for double the health! I then switched gems to a jagged Almandine, and the heal returned to normal value. But when I switched essences to my normal essence and then switched back, it went back to healing for double!

Apparently if you swap essences in your ranged slot, when you swap in a health on hit essence, it heals for double somehow. Not sure how it worked, but it worked! Definitely a bug. Good catch!

thx for proving it too :)

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#9 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 04 January 2014 - 18:32

It is the act of unequipping and then re-equipping the essence that doubles the life steal.

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#10 Ultimecia

Ultimecia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:33

Been like this for a while now. Logging off resets it.

#11 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:04

Found the problem with this, will be fixed in the next build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: