• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 09:51

so looking at the level rangers i think the pvp ladder should be 5000-6000 plus atm you have 3 ladders 

5000-5499 and then 5500-6000 theres only one player at that range. he doesnt even have a ladder medal so your gonna let him get a free ladder medal? in epics? and then 6000 plus, yes hes a pvp but hes the only guy at 6000 so he can sit there all year in epics trying selling his 60m gold for fsp at 150k pre fsp. he wouldnt be able to that if you made one ladder for 5000-6000 plus. this just seems totally rats and bannanas to let players farm pvp tokens to get richer. if the guy who has 60m was on same ladder as the 5000 ladder he get hit. and couldnt stay in epics. 

Edited by moneypants, 24 December 2022 - 09:58.

#2 basti7

basti7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 10:09

So he spends next time more fsp to get to 7001. So maybe we do a range from 5000-8000 to destroy every aspect of the game. *ironic laugh*

#3 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 11:10

So he spends next time more fsp to get to 7001. So maybe we do a range from 5000-8000 to destroy every aspect of the game. *ironic laugh*

the level ranges can change in time. at the moment there shouldnt be ladder rangers where only one player is. 

most pvp ladder players from the pass would disagreed to put the top to players in the game in their own ladders to farm tokens and sell pots to make even more fsp to level even futher. the rich only get richer. 

#4 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 12:14

I have to agree. I’m not trying to take away epics achievement 6000 is crazy and Congrats to that. But to have a ladder all to yourself to farm Medal dominance ticks all the way to Diamond then on top of it Farm countless Ladder tokens seems like a slap in the face to those that grind ladder every day to get that #1 spot and lose Exp have to repair gear daily still don’t guarantee them the 1 spot either not to mention the cost of buffs / Stamina / Composing pots or any pots to attack and defend. I believe that the ladder should extend to whatever the EOC content is. I know he spent a ton a fsps to get to 6,000 again that’s an insane hunt and crazy to see. But shouldn’t allow the player to obtain free medal ticks and ladder tokens. Which will lead to controlling the market for said items available to sell in market place and the Fsp market for any gold profit made of any items sold…

#5 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 12:21

Destroy every aspect of the game? Seems this post is directed at moneypants cause you don’t like him? As it makes no sense. No one should be allowed to go from bronze - Diamond in epics for a medal that was designed to encourage PvP. If you don’t like the Original poster that’s your choice but don’t make him look dumb because he has a valid concern that is unfair… Grow up

#6 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 December 2022 - 15:33

i'm not so convinced it's negative, doesn't anything that shows the true power of fsp keep this game afloat? we see often ladders with one player soaking it up, isnt it us the community at fault for not rising to EP's challenge?

#7 Ouiounon

Ouiounon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 15:53

i'm not so convinced it's negative, doesn't anything that shows the true power of fsp keep this game afloat? we see often ladders with one player soaking it up, isnt it us the community at fault for not rising to EP's challenge?

I'm not sure spending thousands and thousands of $$$ would be considered rising to a challenge  :P

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 17:39

The ladder has worked like this since the inception of brackets and I'm not the first person. You will quickly find getting to 6k is a little bit more than $. I've not seen anyone outside of MoM take advantage of hunting efficiency to the degree we did. There were people that even tried to copy us and missed a few subtle things that cost them overkill.

Just because you can't do something is not grounds to take it away from someone who can. Take this as a challenge for those to come meet me and dare join to risk their levels.

MP all your threads are complaining about what others can do. If you just spent the same amount of effort on enhancing your understanding of the game maybe you could accomplish a bit more. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 24 December 2022 - 17:54.

#9 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 24 December 2022 - 17:47

It's no different then any other band with only 1 player opted in. But sure. Bring back 1 massive ladder band. See how that goes 😉

Edited by Maehdros, 24 December 2022 - 17:48.

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 17:49

It's no different then any other band with only 1 player opted in. But sure. Bring back 1 massive ladder band. See how that goes

Yea there was a reason they broke the bands down like this, to keep it fair  B).

#11 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 17:54

All Ladders below EOC /low-level ladders are getting farmed without any real competition...

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 17:58

All Ladders below EOC /low-level ladders are getting farmed without any real competition...

Correct it is just people making an issue because of the people that did it. 1500-1999, 3500-3999 among others are constantly like this.

Edited by EpicPiety, 24 December 2022 - 17:59.

#13 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 18:32

If you are unhappy with the situation you have a few choices:

• Level up to their range and opt into the PvP Ladder
  • Do nothing and play the game

Nothing is stopping anyone else from also leveling up to 5,500 or 6,000 - both of those players did it so it is clearly possible. Not right to punish them for playing the game how they want.

PvP Ladder has needed a huge overhaul for many years now - maybe with this happening, people will be more willing to look at overhauling the system.

#14 Ouiounon

Ouiounon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 19:56

Imo the highest level ladder band should be calculated using the currently EOC level and beyond as the upper limit. So for instance currently it should be 5,000 - 5,250+. When EOC reaches level 5,500+ the next ladder 5,500+ should become available and the one below will revert to 5,000-5,499.

I realise there is a lot of skill and thought put into reaching 6,000 and even 5,500 (and I admire EP and RM for putting in that work) but it's not as easy as just saying "don't like it? do it yourself". There obviously is a huge amount of money involved and it shouldn't be as easy as paying to win. Whatever about hunting but certainly not PvP ladder ticks.

And regarding the 'lower level bands have tick farming involved too' argument - there's a difference here because people are choosing not to opt in here. No one that's not insanely rich ingame will be able to touch EP for years now lol :P 

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 20:00

Imo the highest level ladder band should be calculated using the currently EOC level and beyond as the upper limit. So for instance currently it should be 5,000 - 5,250+. When EOC reaches level 5,500+ the next ladder 5,500+ should become available and the one below will revert to 5,000-5,499.

I realise there is a lot of skill and thought put into reaching 6,000 and even 5,500 (and I admire EP and RM for putting in that work) but it's not as easy as just saying "don't like it? do it yourself". There obviously is a huge amount of money involved and it shouldn't be as easy as paying to win. Whatever about hunting but certainly not PvP ladder ticks.

And regarding the 'lower level bands have tick farming involved too' argument - there's a difference here because people are choosing not to opt in here. No one that's not insanely rich ingame will be able to touch EP for years now lol :P

People are choosing to not level and opt in. Get a second job (Do something, anything) if you can't handle the fact I'm on ladder. Truth is, it's not that important to you and that is not my problem. But you would rather instead try to take it away from those who put enough importance on it. Moot point, I go back to my original point.

"Just because you can't do something is not grounds to take it away from someone who can."

This is a challenge to everyone, if it is important enough to you come get me... In fact I encourage it.

Edited by EpicPiety, 24 December 2022 - 20:03.

#16 Ouiounon

Ouiounon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 20:08

To reiterate my point: I think paying for current stam and in turn putting in the work to get to level 6,000 is completely fair and you should be awarded the no. 1 spot and best player medal ticks for that.

I don't think that should come with a free dominance medal. Because that medal is a reflection of pvp and not gaining levels.

I'm happy for you to disgree with this, just offering my two cents. This is a forum after all :) 

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 20:29

To reiterate my point: I think paying for current stam and in turn putting in the work to get to level 6,000 is completely fair and you should be awarded the no. 1 spot and best player medal ticks for that.

I don't think that should come with a free dominance medal. Because that medal is a reflection of pvp and not gaining levels.

I'm happy for you to disgree with this, just offering my two cents. This is a forum after all :)

Dominance is not been a reflection of PvP skill. Dominance is a reflection of how much time you have to spend and how many FSP you have to burn on pots. It is heavily attributed towards a P2W model. Nothing changes here with what me and rockit have accomplished. This is also the reason why people choose to go to dead ladders with afk's or in a lot of cases just them.

You can be the best PvPer around, but if you can't afford pots/time you lose (Badly). There are alot of people speaking here about ladder that do not understand what ladder really is.

Again moot point unless you want to talk about a massive overhaul for ladder.

Edited by EpicPiety, 24 December 2022 - 20:30.

#18 Ouiounon

Ouiounon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 20:34

There are alot of people speaking here about ladder that do not understand what ladder really is.

Let's not do this.

If you pay for the best pots and log in every hour to win your ladder, that's fine because you are still PvPing and enging with that area of the game. Leveling into a PvP Band for which you are the only player in the entire game that has access, should not mean you get a free dominance medal. You're not PvPing. Period.

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 20:40

Let's not do this.

If you pay for the best pots and log in every hour to win your ladder, that's fine because you are still PvPing and enging with that area of the game. Leveling into a PvP Band for which you are the only player in the entire game that has access, should not mean you get a free dominance medal. You're not PvPing. Period.

Leveling to a ladder (I'm not even the first person to do this), de-leveling to a ladder same thing. This has been done for over a decade and only now is it a problem. My ** sensor is going off.

It's not a good look, everyone can see what is going on.

Edited by EpicPiety, 24 December 2022 - 20:43.

#20 Ouiounon

Ouiounon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 20:43

Leveling to a ladder, de-leveling to a ladder same thing. This has been done for over a decade and only now is it a problem. My ** sensor is going off.

Mate you're ignoring 95% of what I said. If you delevel to a ladder you still have to engage in PvP to win because the majority of the time the ladder isn't empty.

Whatever though, I've made my points and I think they're solid. Best of luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: