15 replies to this topic

#1 Kaendor

Kaendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2013 - 00:53

Alright we have been discussing wether getting an auction house or stores since beta, its time to end that discussion and come out with a solution. In the last poll I saw on forums people were more inclined to have an auction house system, but there were some people that wanted stores too. So after burning some neurones and thinking critically I came up with a hybrid system, yes it does look like an auction house, but in encourages player interaction, works in a similar way to Ebay.

NOTICE: What I want to end up here is with a solution in which we can agree in a system that works for both the auction house likers and the store likers. Lets not continue the Auction House or stores are better discussion.

This is just a Suggestion.

Heres my crappy visual aid example: (Yes it was done in Paint! you are free to laugh)

Eldevinfreetrade_zps395364e1.png

Now here is how it is divided, there are 5 tabs as you can see.

The Search Tab: Here you can browse the item that you are looking for, it shows all the results from every store out there. The search tab has a drop down menu for the item type, where you can choose wether if its armour cloth armour, ranged weapons, crafting materials, what ever youa re looking for. Theres anotehr drop down menu for the item rarity or quality. And a seller drop down menu (which might not actually work that well) So you can browse in the store that you prefer.

As you can see I didnt put a buyout button, thats a small detail to increase player interaction. Instead theres a Visit Seller's Store button, after pressing that button, you can browse the seller's store, and leave a message or a offer to the seller if the item is on auction, or buyout if the item has a buyout price. The Contact button is shortcut, so instead of entering the seller's store you can directly send a message.

The Bids Tab: Here you can see the items that you are biding now, and the current bid, you can also rebid here and contact the seller.

The Store Tab: Here is your personal Store Space, you can put a Name on it to difference it from other players, Theres a space where you can place up your items, and purchase more storage space. You cna put the items in different ways such as Accepting offers, Auction, and Buyout. Accepting offers is basically, you put the items with no price and you wait for someone to offer you. Auction, you put a set starting price, and when the auction time runs out, the highest offer gets the item. And buyout, you put a set price to the item that can be bought at any moment.

The Contact Tab: Here is the main player interaction of this system, in this tab you can post messages to the other sellers, in one of its sections. In the other section, you can manage the messages that people send to your store and respond them. Works as a messenger.

The Records Tab: Here you can see the record of your items sold and bought, and the money you have made in certain perods of time.

To access this system I elieve you would have to talk to a certain npc, the items bought using this system are delivered by mail, unless the buyer and the seller prefer a face to face trade. The only thing that you can access without being close to the npc is the Contacts tab, which you can acces from everywhere and manage your communication.

Remember it looks like an auction house, but its a different system that might work as both auction hosue and personal store. So Please lets keep the auction house and store discussions somewhere else.

Edited by Kaendor, 08 December 2013 - 00:54.

SquirrelSig_zps7b59b79d.png

#2 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:41

I love the concept.  A few things I could suggest such as more filters, more information on the main page, etc.  But the basic idea is sound.

Though I don't expect to see anything this complex in the near term.  Only so much a small company can do at any one time, and HCS is already knocking themselves out.  For now I'd be happy with a simple marketplace.

Edited by Irradiated, 08 December 2013 - 04:42.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#3 Pros

Pros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:12

Auction.

I love the Idea lol. xD

Would make it a lot easier to sell some of these Copper Bars during the Night when majority Buyers that i know of are offline..

And don't have any inventory space to continue with either the next Gathering Skill.

zv61ht.png

#4 Kaendor

Kaendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:49

I love the concept.  A few things I could suggest such as more filters, more information on the main page, etc.  But the basic idea is sound.

Though I don't expect to see anything this complex in the near term.  Only so much a small company can do at any one time, and HCS is already knocking themselves out.  For now I'd be happy with a simple marketplace.

Its not really that complex its more like a menu to browse between all the character stores available, buy/sell and communicate with the sellers. Yeah I agree it can be simplified and some filters can be added. Like the Records tab which is not really that useful can be ignored and kept out, The Bids tab can melded with the Store tab, so there might be actually only 3 tabs. Yet it might work in the same way, just simpler.

#5 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:25

This looks good to me.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#6 Kaendor

Kaendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 13:44

Auction.

I love the Idea lol. xD

Would make it a lot easier to sell some of these Copper Bars during the Night when majority Buyers that i know of are offline..

And don't have any inventory space to continue with either the next Gathering Skill.

This looks good to me.

Thx, hopefully some of this gets considered.

#7 Booshy

Booshy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 15:29

This is a really REALLY good idea.

#8 Klawful

Klawful

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:54

EXTREMELY GOOD IDEA!

DO IT!

#9 top07

top07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:00

Devs please implement this.

:)

#10 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 13:04

Been meaning to check this out! love the idea Kaendor  :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#11 CoD

CoD

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 15:43

This looks amazing :)

This will make things easier to sell and buy things. It's like GE (Ebay Version).

#12 Kaendor

Kaendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 December 2013 - 20:05

Thx guys :).

#13 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 13:09

This looks amazing :)

This will make things easier to sell and buy things. It's like GE (Ebay Version).

The thing with having a G.E, Is that it destroyed Runescape;reason being because botters would just put there stuff up on the G.E and over night they collect their money and destroying the economy ,without the G.E botters would have to work harder selling there items using chatting , so its a risky idea.#HistoryRepeatsItself.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#14 myakka

myakka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2013 - 19:31

I wonder if this idea should implemented in the context of adding an Auction House building into the game.

So you actually have to travel to that location to put your items in it and need to return there to collect your earnings.

This isn't as convenient as having it always accessible, but it fits with the logic of the game where location actually has meaning.

#15 myakka

myakka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2013 - 19:36

How about not automating the trading part -- just making it easier for buyers and sellers to find each other by having a place in game (and not on these forum which not everybody reads) to write down what you are wanting to sell or buy?

I am thinking of a newspaper with ads in it -- guess that is old-fashioned these days.

#16 Kaendor

Kaendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2013 - 20:32

The thing with having a G.E, Is that it destroyed Runescape;reason being because botters would just put there stuff up on the G.E and over night they collect their money and destroying the economy ,without the G.E botters would have to work harder selling there items using chatting , so its a risky idea.#HistoryRepeatsItself.

This system is not really an auction house type, plz check it a bit. Its a store based browser. Looks like an auction house, but works as both store and auction house, to allow more user interaction. It basically lets you choose how do you want to trade, wether by buyout, open offers with no set price or auction, via character comunication using the contact tab.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: