53 replies to this topic

#1 Gokhanss

Gokhanss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 21:46

Hi all.

In every game pvp has its own risk but not here and it makes the game unbalanced. I am not talking about cloning some game rules just saying every pk needs pkk :)

My sugestion:

1.Player killer gain "KILLER" status for 30 min base + level diferenceX10mins

if a 49 kills level 39 means 30+10X10 130mins killer status.

2.Killers cant change server and cant log out untill status ends.

3.If a player dies in killer status its perma death starts from level 1 with no item but keeps upgrades and supporter status.

4."Prize on Head":  player can set ep and gold to pkks to kill pk . some short of interface can be developed for that.

5.players can not able to change gear or trade gems  in TA.

My purpose:  

1. More balanced game.PK will have its own risk .

2.More friendly game for newcomers.(if you consider how many players are online at servers this game badly needs more players sometimes 5-6 players sometimes 20 max at some servers)

3.more valuable ep .

If you find any suggestion to mine please do it:)

Edited by Gokhanss, 20 November 2016 - 21:48.

#2 Night Striker

Night Striker

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 November 2016 - 23:52

Is this just because of people complaining about getting killed on TA despite the warning given?

Besides I think this idea would just drive more people away than bring in, how would you feel if you lost gear that took weeks to make or lose $100+ ep?

Edit: If two friends fight, and one kills the other, is it fair if a random player comes along to kill the "killer" and that player lose all his stuff and his level resets? This just gives players another way to troll.

Edited by Night Striker, 20 November 2016 - 23:57.

NightStriker - Sin/war

LunarAngel - Proph/mage

MoonBear- Tank

#3 Gokhanss

Gokhanss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:28

Is this just because of people complaining about getting killed on TA despite the warning given?

Besides I think this idea would just drive more people away than bring in, how would you feel if you lost gear that took weeks to make or lose $100+ ep?

Edit: If two friends fight, and one kills the other, is it fair if a random player comes along to kill the "killer" and that player lose all his stuff and his level resets? This just gives players another way to troll.

Hello.
are we agree there is no risk to become pk in eldevin? 
if so do you think there must be? if not why ? 

where exactly you disagree ? :) 
"killer" status can be player only status ( no effect on party)

Edited by Gokhanss, 21 November 2016 - 04:30.

#4 Night Striker

Night Striker

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:10

I disagree on the whole suggestion really.

Are you familiar with the saying "no risk, no reward"? Cause that's what TA is mostly based on.

There's no reason to give a penalty on pk'ers, especially since it's on a pvp island, a place you're NOT forced to go, a place where players can gather mats more quickly at the risk of getting attacked. TA only appeals to people who want to level their professions quickly so the risk should only be on the people who go into TA and not the pk'er. (Think about this, if there weren't any materials, like ores or alchemy ingredients, would people even go there?)

In case the whole concept of TA isn't clear: (Risk = Getting killed by PK and losing half your stuff)(Reward = Being able to get smuggled materials more quickly than outside of TA)

About your killer status, what about self-defense? If a player A attacks player B first, but player B kills him instead, player B gets the killer status and then player A can just come back with friends and "perma-kill" player B. That's another flaw with the whole "killer" system that trolls can exploit. This could even tie in into your point about making it more noob-friendly, a troll could let the noob kill him, then troll comes back to perma-kill the "killer" noob which makes the noob have to restart from level 1.

Also I don't get how your idea boosts the value of ep, if anything it would just lower the value of anything that comes from TA since your idea would just making gathering on TA extremely easy.

Edited by Night Striker, 21 November 2016 - 07:31.

NightStriker - Sin/war

LunarAngel - Proph/mage

MoonBear- Tank

#5 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:53

Eldevin never had a huge PvP focus anyways, the game was always more PvE driven.

June 2013 (beta) - July 2017

#6 Gokhanss

Gokhanss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:51

I disagree on the whole suggestion really.

Are you familiar with the saying "no risk, no reward"? Cause that's what TA is mostly based on.

There's no reason to give a penalty on pk'ers, especially since it's on a pvp island, a place you're NOT forced to go, a place where players can gather mats more quickly at the risk of getting attacked. TA only appeals to people who want to level their professions quickly so the risk should only be on the people who go into TA and not the pk'er. (Think about this, if there weren't any materials, like ores or alchemy ingredients, would people even go there?)

In case the whole concept of TA isn't clear: (Risk = Getting killed by PK and losing half your stuff)(Reward = Being able to get smuggled materials more quickly than outside of TA)

About your killer status, what about self-defense? If a player A attacks player B first, but player B kills him instead, player B gets the killer status and then player A can just come back with friends and "perma-kill" player B. That's another flaw with the whole "killer" system that trolls can exploit. This could even tie in into your point about making it more noob-friendly, a troll could let the noob kill him, then troll comes back to perma-kill the "killer" noob which makes the noob have to restart from level 1.

Also I don't get how your idea boosts the value of ep, if anything it would just lower the value of anything that comes from TA since your idea would just making gathering on TA extremely easy.

I think you did not understand me :) 

"Are you familiar with the saying "no risk, no reward"? Cause that's what TA is mostly based on."
yes I am talking about that:

1. I am talking about PKs risk.PK has no risk  here. You are talking about defenders risk yes item can be fast collected. What does pk lose when attacking ? Nothing . I think I make it clear enough this time lol  :)

Nothing can be exploit. If a player (first) attacks a player and kills become killer that easy :) Attacker can gain "Killer" status not defender. I am not sure its allowed to talk about other games but I suggest you quick check :) There are many games with perma death with no bug no exploit.(just example poe has perma death)  

I will disagree on that TA wont be easy just will be funny. Many players actually do something chase some other player and get its reward put by some other players . 

Currently TA is just farming area for 10k kill achievement and it has no use. If pk brave enough to be "killer"  thats the "Risk" I am talking about.Starting again is no big deal many player have 16 characters and when they are done quiting.

Edited by Gokhanss, 21 November 2016 - 12:02.

#7 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:10

You can't really compare Eldevin to other games, as from what I understand after to talking to players who have tried all sorts of games, The only one that comes close to this is Runescape (this is in no way advertising RS by the way) and the players who have tried both say they prefer Eldevin.

If you start comparing games and try to change them to be like another game, you will only end up with two games exactly the same, which it pointless. If one game doesn't have the stuff you want, you simply go play a game that does.

Players who pvp do lose stuff if they play on TA. they lose most buffs, so all the potions and food are lost and they have to use more to rebuff. They also lose any gold or tokens they have collected and half the mats they may have picked up while there. Its bad enough with all the moaning from players who have been killed by a pvp player because they think it is a given right to gather on there, but putting restrictions and loses on the PVP players if they do exactly what the island is made for and PVP, and kill another player, it will only add to more moaning and probably lose players rather than gain any.

Other than duelling arena and battlegrounds, it is the only place players can go to PVP, and it is only a tiny part of the whole Eldevin world, considering players can't enter there until they reach lvl14, it will not have any effect on new players.

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#8 Gokhanss

Gokhanss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:20

You can't really compare Eldevin to other games, as from what I understand after to talking to players who have tried all sorts of games, The only one that comes close to this is Runescape (this is in no way advertising RS by the way) and the players who have tried both say they prefer Eldevin.

If you start comparing games and try to change them to be like another game, you will only end up with two games exactly the same, which it pointless. If one game doesn't have the stuff you want, you simply go play a game that does.

Players who pvp do lose stuff if they play on TA. they lose most buffs, so all the potions and food are lost and they have to use more to rebuff. They also lose any gold or tokens they have collected and half the mats they may have picked up while there. Its bad enough with all the moaning from players who have been killed by a pvp player because they think it is a given right to gather on there, but putting restrictions and loses on the PVP players if they do exactly what the island is made for and PVP, and kill another player, it will only add to more moaning and probably lose players rather than gain any.

Other than duelling arena and battlegrounds, it is the only place players can go to PVP, and it is only a tiny part of the whole Eldevin world, considering players can't enter there until they reach lvl14, it will not have any effect on new players.

Sadly not working that way. Before his ban (I heard it from a friend I am not sure of that)TienMing was coming TA and killing all newbies switching server and do it at other one ....... Thats it. TA currently just a farming area for achievement. I dont get why you guys so afraid of perma death lol. perma death can bring that 10k achievement a meaning.and also can bring  adrenalin just imagine someone put 10k ep for ones head and 2 PKK (player killer killer) chasing the PK 
PK never collect  any item so "losing item" kinda not working.
when you rob a bank you take a high risk right so does pk :) I am trying to tell you here pk have no risk at all. (beacause pk never collects what kind of lose we are talking about?potion and stuff is easy to get 1k material is 20min can make you 100hours of buffs)

Edited by Gokhanss, 21 November 2016 - 12:28.

#9 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:54

Sadly not working that way. Before his ban (I heard it from a friend I am not sure of that)TienMing was coming TA and killing all newbies switching server and do it at other one ....... Thats it. TA currently just a farming area for achievement. I dont get why you guys so afraid of perma death lol. perma death can bring that 10k achievement a meaning.and also can bring  adrenalin just imagine someone put 10k ep for ones head and 2 PKK (player killer killer) chasing the PK 
PK never collect  any item so "losing item" kinda not working.
when you rob a bank you take a high risk right so does pk :) I am trying to tell you here pk have no risk at all. (beacause pk never collects what kind of lose we are talking about?potion and stuff is easy to get 1k material is 20min can make you 100hours of buffs)

If you going to quote my post, at least respond to it rather than ignoring and posting something completely different.

So what your saying is anyone who wins a fight is punished with restrictions , won't that lose PVP playersrather than gain them.

As you pointed out, considering there are so few players in this game anyway, restricting players from changing servers due to fighting in TA will also kill off PVP too. Plus when it comes to events and the bosses appear on a different server, the PVP players can't go to them.

To reiterate your purposes for this suggestion

1. More balanced game.PK will have its own risk

Which is restricting players who win rather than rewarding them for winning.

2.More friendly game for newcomers.(if you consider how many players are online at servers this game badly needs more players sometimes 5-6 players sometimes 20 max at some servers)

As I stated in the post your quoted and ignored, newcomers can't enter TA until they reach level 14 so it will have relavance to them till they have played long enough to get to that level, so no longer newcomers.

Also with only so few players on a server, as you pointed out, if a PVPer kills the only player on TA on that server, he has to stand around and wait, before either anyone else turns up or he can go to another server to do PVP.

Edited by Steve1973, 21 November 2016 - 13:02.

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#10 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 14:10

I have to agree with Steve and NightStriker, doing this would just kill pvp on the island and it would be just another pve area, which it pretty much is nowadays :wacko:.  I like to duel with ppl that are better pvpers than I am and they would get penalize under this way of thinking, sorry but this not a good idea.

R.I.P Ichiko my beautiful, sweet rabbit  :(

#11 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 21 November 2016 - 15:03

1. More balanced game.PK will have its own risk .

PvP will never be balanced as much as you want it to be unless you mix into the prophet tree and even then it will never be balanced enough. (enough about balancing now).

also please elaborate on how not having risk associated with the game causes "unbalance" when there is specific PvP areas? the stuff you get inside TA can be gathered outside, so i dont know what the issue is..

as for your system should it go through (bounty) who would get rewarded? the person that did final hit or most damage?

Before making a PvP related post again, you should enter PvP more and see what it's actually like instead of making your comments based on what you hear and what you see. dont take it personally though or to heart but once you actually do PvP a lot more, you will see for yourself that this suggestion isnt viable.

June 2013 (beta) - July 2017

#12 Lalalalalalalala

Lalalalalalalala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 16:14

The only thing I like in this idea is the "Bounty". So there will be an understandable reason to kill those pkers.

PKer : "Why did you kill me?"

Me : "Well... I've seen some gold coins on your head"  :D

HCS has another game which the PvP system, in my opinion, is really good. Not only PvP. But Guilds, Trading, Professions, and other things. But sadly, they don't apply it for Eldevin :/

Edited by shoval, 21 November 2016 - 16:18.

#13 panchop

panchop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2016 - 16:17

I think nice idea is a bounty board in the guy who is pking like me, then the pkr have more targets for kill in the island  :D

Edited by panchop, 21 November 2016 - 16:18.

#14 panchop

panchop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2016 - 16:36

And i have other nice idea, i challenge to HC or the old founders a fight 4vs4 in TA i can grab a group. It is not necessary for me to be in the group, maybe can be others AND the community can be the spectators lol can be really funny dying in TA to the HC for alls xD. What u says ?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#15 Lalalalalalalala

Lalalalalalalala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 16:42

I think nice idea is a bounty board in the guy who is pking like me, then the pkr have more targets for kill in the island  :D

But the gold coins on your head looks too shinny.

And i have other nice idea, i challenge to HC or the old founders a fight 4vs4 in TA i can grab a group. It is not necessary for me to be in the group, maybe can be others AND the community can be the spectators lol can be really funny dying in TA to the HC for alls xD. What u says ?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bad idea! Mojawk will kill us all by throwing us all into the air, drowning all our mana, then drop a chaos meteor upon us!!!

#16 panchop

panchop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2016 - 16:47

Tell me you do not feel like taking revenge, for all the lies they've said ? Can be a funny way to have it  :D

hahahah is crazy idea we never go see something similar like this xD

Edited by panchop, 21 November 2016 - 16:49.

#17 Night Striker

Night Striker

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 17:08

I dont get why you guys so afraid of perma death lol. perma death can bring that 10k achievement a meaning.and also can bring  adrenalin

I won't argue that it might bring adrenaline but try getting to lvl 49, try getting the infernal weapons and lvl 49 armor set and lvl 49 jewelry without buying the materials to make them and try getting a high tier gem, and you'll see why it's reasonable why max lvl players would be scared of perma-death. After all, not everyone is going to be able to buy enough ep to do buy all of the materials required and take the easy way out. Right now you're at a point in the game where getting the dungeon armor would at most take a few days to get and where quests would give you decent jewelry and weapons so perma-death wouldn't affect you as much as it would a max lvl player.

NightStriker - Sin/war

LunarAngel - Proph/mage

MoonBear- Tank

#18 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2016 - 18:06

first of all the only thing that could balance this would be a fatigue system

player A is about to start a rampage

player A kills player B

player A gets 1 fatigue stack

player A is now weakened and get's a 5% penalty to all stats

player A kills player C

player A gains another fatigue stack

player A now is weakened even more and gets a 10% penalty to all stacks

player D wants revenge for his buddies kills player A

player D gains 5% fatigue player A his fatigue is cleared

fatige clears with 1 stack per 2 minutes

the only real reason to kill people in ta is to get quick materials from sweeping ta gatherers and for the sake of the achievment :P

as long as some1 has fatigue stacks said person can't leave trappers atoll

that 130 minutes of not being able to leave ta?

man who wants to sit in ta doing nothing for 130 minutes after killing someone ...

a bounty system won't work if some1 has the right build they won't die ...

and you talk about pking not having risk

everybody who enters ta risks getting killed ...

gear loss level loss

come on ...

this ain't a game where you can buy your gear withing seconds and go back in again

you'd die and get crippled so much from that that you'd probably never get back up again

this ain't deadman mode.

Edited by BigGrim, 22 November 2016 - 15:04.
No swearing. No mentioning other games.

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#19 Gokhanss

Gokhanss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 18:10

I won't argue that it might bring adrenaline but try getting to lvl 49, try getting the infernal weapons and lvl 49 armor set and lvl 49 jewelry without buying the materials to make them and try getting a high tier gem, and you'll see why it's reasonable why max lvl players would be scared of perma-death. After all, not everyone is going to be able to buy enough ep to do buy all of the materials required and take the easy way out. Right now you're at a point in the game where getting the dungeon armor would at most take a few days to get and where quests would give you decent jewelry and weapons so perma-death wouldn't affect you as much as it would a max lvl player.

level 1 to level 49 takes 1 week if you are old player. pk dont have to wear endgame gears lol . Can still be pk with leve 45 dungeon set.  you want to have gain but no risk  :)

Edited by Gokhanss, 21 November 2016 - 18:11.

#20 Gokhanss

Gokhanss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 18:16

If you going to quote my post, at least respond to it rather than ignoring and posting something completely different.

I dont ignore sorry . 

So what your saying is anyone who wins a fight is punished with restrictions , won't that lose PVP playersrather than gain them.

As you pointed out, considering there are so few players in this game anyway, restricting players from changing servers due to fighting in TA will also kill off PVP too. Plus when it comes to events and the bosses appear on a different server, the PVP players can't go to them.

its not punishment its for fun. if you read my suggestion pk status is not perma just for some time after it ends can join anywhere as (s)he wishes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: