• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 22:57

Nobody sells food. The only people that get it now are the ones that make for themselves or for their friends. Is everyone now suppose  to max out cooking profession ? Please put this back in the Tankard.

edit: corrected a misspelled word

Edited by zargon, 12 July 2014 - 17:32.

#2 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2014 - 23:10

I think if there is a demand, then players will work out they can profit from it. Maybe give it a little time.  :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#3 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 23:20

But I'm sooo hungry. HCS got me hooked now on Big Macs and now there's no McDonalds anywhere to be found. Now I need to find a local distributor to get my burger fix.

#4 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 July 2014 - 23:37

all these burger addicts means more local distributors to claim the market ;)

Like Mongo said, give it time, things will go they way they should have been this whole time, with players selling crafted food.

#5 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 12 July 2014 - 00:27

People used to sell food before it was in tankard, people will sell again soon. Just let people get in the groove. Perhaps someone (or some people) will open up a restaurant like OCD...

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#6 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2014 - 00:29

The problem with this and any update resulted in the changing of npc shops is the lack of an auction house or any form of player market.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#7 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2014 - 00:55

And don't forget to bring back all resources from the NPC's at the market, all fish from fishmonger and all fruit etc, aw heck, lets have NPC's selling everything in game and forget about introducing trade hub/auction house, and make it easier to do daily's and level skills without the sweat :D

Edited by Kezza, 12 July 2014 - 00:58.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#8 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:00

And don't forget to bring back all resources from the NPC's at the market, all fish from fishmonger and all fruit etc, aw heck, lets have NPC's selling everything in game and forget about introducing trade hub/auction house

Agreed here, As far as food sold in Trankura was more so over sight start with.

AH - Cover 80% of the basic issue of finding and selling of food as well for those to cook the food!

Other 10% issue = Farming even cook most of the food.

Other 10% - Fishing - 2 Skill take some time lvl, Many don't wont to take time in lvling.

Fishing, in it self has not use other then cooking - but then agin need farming even cook the fish.

All i can say for food being sold was over sight, finaly been fixed good thing bring back player market as needed, Till AH - Player shop are added solve some of the major issue.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 12 July 2014 - 01:02.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#9 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:00

And don't forget to bring back all resources from the NPC's at the market, all fish from fishmonger and all fruit etc, aw heck, lets have NPC's selling everything in game and forget about introducing trade hub/auction house, and make it easier to do daily's and level skills without the sweat :D

Ahem... there is no auction house at this time unless I missed something... and the game is too small and nobody is selling food. Just stating the facts as they are now. Not talking about woulda coulda shoulda maybes.

Oh yeah. Selling food is just so profitable isn't it ? lol. Everyone who plays this game says I have to max out cooking. Then I will be rich. Who needs to craft gear ? We need to cook. Give me a break.

They should never have added it or they should have made it 10x faster to level then other crafts.

At least people go thought pots fast so alchemy is a good profession to profit from. Selling Mana, health and specialty pots by the tons. How much food can you sell in this market by comparison ? Seriously now !

Edited by zargon, 12 July 2014 - 02:29.

#10 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:01

It was the same thing when they first removed the fish, very difficult to buy.  Now many players fish.  I'm sure the same will happen with cooking.

Until then, I know of at least three people besides myself that can cook.  I hadn't intended to get into selling without a marketplace or AH.  But here goes anyway.  If you supply mats and time it when I can go AFK it's free (tips accepted).  Otherwise we can discuss.  Note that I don't keep mats on hand, you have to let me know in advance so I can gather.

(cult:  If you're listening, maybe we can extend OCD to cooking as well.  Kind of like a Burger 'n Brew.)

edit.  Special discount for tanks and prophets if I'm running ascended dungeons with you.  Also discounts if you pay in gems.  :D :P

Edited by Irradiated, 12 July 2014 - 03:07.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#11 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:41

Level 45 cook here

But too busy doing pots :(, grinding,dungeon ,wb and so on.

if you give me the mats i will quickly cook for you but gathering cooking mats(farming) its an hassle.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#12 Cult

Cult

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:37

It was the same thing when they first removed the fish, very difficult to buy.  Now many players fish.  I'm sure the same will happen with cooking.

Until then, I know of at least three people besides myself that can cook.  I hadn't intended to get into selling without a marketplace or AH.  But here goes anyway.  If you supply mats and time it when I can go AFK it's free (tips accepted).  Otherwise we can discuss.  Note that I don't keep mats on hand, you have to let me know in advance so I can gather.

(cult:  If you're listening, maybe we can extend OCD to cooking as well.  Kind of like a Burger 'n Brew.)

edit.  Special discount for tanks and prophets if I'm running ascended dungeons with you.  Also discounts if you pay in gems.  :D :P

Thats certainly possible, but Lets give some others a chance first to put something up by themselfs :)

Although, I honestly think that it isn't very rewarding to be in the cooking business.
You need 4 different gatherers: farming/foraging/fishing/Skinning and offcourse a cook.
It's very unlikely you will Find enough guys having all 5, so you will end up deviding ingredients between people. Thats not too bad.. But when it comes down to the rewards (the money you make out of it)...It isn't worth all the hassle and coordination of ingredients (there is no shared vault, so the different gatheres need to be online at the same time)
Besides, you only use 1 food an hour..The time one places a new order takes too long to have a nice continued supply.

We already having these small difficulties in our pot industry. We only make some profit on the small Hp/mp pots, Because they are easy to gather and used more than only 1 an hour.

But, Yeah, we still need them. Someone up for the challenge..?

caj1quU.png

(Click the banner to go to our topic)

#13 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:08

Thats certainly possible, but Lets give some others a chance first to put something up by themselfs :)

Although, I honestly think that it isn't very rewarding to be in the cooking business.
You need 4 different gatherers: farming/foraging/fishing/Skinning and offcourse a cook.
It's very unlikely you will Find enough guys having all 5, so you will end up deviding ingredients between people. Thats not too bad.. But when it comes down to the rewards (the money you make out of it)...It isn't worth all the hassle and coordination of ingredients (there is no shared vault, so the different gatheres need to be online at the same time)
Besides, you only use 1 food an hour..The time one places a new order takes too long to have a nice continued supply.

We already having these small difficulties in our pot industry. We only make some profit on the small Hp/mp pots, Because they are easy to gather and used more than only 1 an hour.

But, Yeah, we still need them. Someone up for the challenge..?

Again i say this try and buy the mats from several gatherers and if the ppl that need give me the mats i would only espect a tip.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#14 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:04

Ahem... there is no auction house at this time unless I missed something... and the game is too small and nobody is selling food. Just stating the facts as they are now. Not talking about woulda coulda shoulda maybes.

Oh yeah. Selling food is just so profitable isn't it ? lol. Everyone who plays this game says I have to max out cooking. Then I will be rich. Who needs to craft gear ? We need to cook. Give me a break.

They should never have added it or they should have made it 10x faster to level then other crafts.

At least people go thought pots fast so alchemy is a good profession to profit from. Selling Mana, health and specialty pots by the tons. How much food can you sell in this market by comparison ? Seriously now !

Let me know in game what food you require and i'll make it for you :)

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#15 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 17:31

Thanks Kezza. I'll look you up when I get online later. I know it's not what any level 45 wants to do. I appreciate it. Thanks.

I think HCS should at lease cut the mats needed in half for all cooking levels to make this a more viable profession. And cut the duration of food in half as well. Maybe not both, but something along this line.

Edited by zargon, 12 July 2014 - 17:35.

#16 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2014 - 18:36

I think HCS should at lease cut the mats needed in half for all cooking levels to make this a more viable profession. And cut the duration of food in half as well. Maybe not both, but something along this line.

I think it's fine the way it is.  All crafts do not and should not have to conform to some level of simplicity.  The people who don't want to cook won't.  But it's really not that hard to level.

What I'm seeing in this thread is many people can cook, and this is despite the Golden Tankard.  Now that it's closed the number will only go up.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#17 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 20:39

I think it's fine the way it is.  All crafts do not and should not have to conform to some level of simplicity.  The people who don't want to cook won't.  But it's really not that hard to level.

What I'm seeing in this thread is many people can cook, and this is despite the Golden Tankard.  Now that it's closed the number will only go up.

The problem is the number of people selling will NOT go up. This is  because cooking is just not that profitable for people to spend time collecting the mats and making food to sell. Alchemy has a far better profit margin. I can make way better profits simply grinding and selling garbage drops than any food  seller would make. If HCS makes this somehow as profitable as alchemy, then you will see people selling food. Otherwise, nobody in their right mind would waste their time with it unless it changes.

1) Cut time duration in which food lasts by 1/2

2) Cut mats needed  by 1/2 to make food (cut the exp gained to compensate if need be)

3)  Increase speed to produce food by 2x

4) Add other specialty foods similar to how alchemy has elixers and stamina pots(aside from mana and health pots)

note: not all of these suggestions are necessary. These are just ideas to help with a profession which is severely lacking.

These changes would allow for more food being made along with a bigger demand on the quantity and variety of foods needed.

Edited by zargon, 12 July 2014 - 21:48.

#18 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 21:13

HCS - Please fix this. I have been unable to get food since you changed this. Either fix cooking like I suggested here to make it more profitable or add it back to the tankard. This sucks totally. Are you seriously going to force us all to go and level farming, fishing and cooking up that high just to make food that we will not make for others because there is no profit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: