Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2014 - 19:19

I'd like to suggest that the next packs you introduce have items that only take up one inventory slot.

I spent a good 10,000 ep on these Halloween packs just because I could and I know many others did, the amount of useless slots that the vanity takes up is frustrating.

I'd like you to consider thinking of reworking how you are introducing items and vanity, sure the vanity wardrobes are 'decent' but they are still a very temporary solution to frustration. All the useless gear/vanity that players have will be going straight into the auction house when it arrives (I assume).

I've only logged in briefly since the steam release, but I've seen players already complaining about space, and once players start getting into the higher levels and come into wealth they will notice how tedious it is keeping track and sorting items.

TL;DR

Think about reworking how the inventory size of items are, how item sorting works and change the way packs work so you don't end up with shit tons of useless, worthless vanity. (I suggested a token system before, feel free to find the thread).

Edited by Neon, 10 November 2014 - 19:21.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#2 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2014 - 19:35

True, I almost filled up 6 vanity chests on Mongo's stash just from the 7650 EP I spent. I would of bought more boxes and tried to get the rare mounts to sell I think, if I knew I had loads of space to store it all.  :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#3 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 10 November 2014 - 19:38

I totally agree. I hate how the vanity storage works and decided to just ignore all future vanity gear. All vanity bought in shop or obtained in achievements, events should have its own Wardrobe, with no space limit.

You could acces the vanity by pressing I (to open up Inventory) but add a button that says Vanity to open up a window with all your vanity, could very well look like the SHOP does.

Or it could be in the Skills/Emotes/Mounts windows, press B to access it and make a new tab for Vanity with enough pages for each vanity gear sorted after Event/Sets etc. And just click on the icon/gear you wish to wear. Easy access anywhere.

When you first obtain a vanity piece it could be a scroll like mounts, pets and skills are. So that you have to "learn" it or rather "Save" it to your vanity tab. Should only take 1 space.
Im guessing thats a whole lot of work for my sugesstions, but just some ideas.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#4 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 10 November 2014 - 20:17

If player housing comes, we need a dresser or something.

But for now... I wish they could make vanity the size of one slot... that looks like it's meant for fairies. Hmm... it'd be nice to maybe have a vanity vault itself and maybe with all the bank slots open by default. I don't know though.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#5 Kijjum

Kijjum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 November 2014 - 20:49

I still like the idea of a different storage place for vanity, able to hang it on racks or something for cheap. The vanity wardrobes are annoying because they take place of where a backpack could be to hold needed items.

#6 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 10 November 2014 - 20:51

I still like the idea of a different storage place for vanity, able to hang it on racks or something for cheap. The vanity wardrobes are annoying because they take place of where a backpack could be to hold needed items.

Id love to have racks, manequins (spelling?) or somethign if we get housing. Would be nice to show off some rare stuff

91ig7l.png

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#7 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 November 2014 - 21:07

Random idea but maybe unbound vanity could stack, though that wouldn't really fix the problem. I know the coders want a more robust system around vanity so that it can completely avoid the storage space issue. Definitely one for us to tackle soon.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#8 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 10 November 2014 - 21:19

How about.

Remove the current vanity button from the current "character" tab.

Add a new tab "Vanity"

On the left you can see what you currently wear as it is now

On the right can be a select of all your vanity which can be either an endlessly scrolling inventory (of vanity only [bound?]) or a set selection (with random pieces underneath). If you go set selection it would be nice to be able to setup our own custom sets from different pieces.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#9 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 10 November 2014 - 21:39

Random idea but maybe unbound vanity could stack, though that wouldn't really fix the problem. I know the coders want a more robust system around vanity so that it can completely avoid the storage space issue. Definitely one for us to tackle soon.

Im guessing it could be a quite some work to code a new system for it but also big toruble soon for those who collects it. Im mostly thinking about those that spend EP in the shop to buy vanity just to be screwed cos they have to use up important bagslots/inventory space.

91ig7l.png

#10 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 21:47

I agree, I've seen many new steam users complain about how little gathering items stacks up to, I even heard a statement "They really want you to buy bags don't they".

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#11 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 November 2014 - 23:38

I totally agree. I hate how the vanity storage works and decided to just ignore all future vanity gear. All vanity bought in shop or obtained in achievements, events should have its own Wardrobe, with no space limit.

You could acces the vanity by pressing I (to open up Inventory) but add a button that says Vanity to open up a window with all your vanity, could very well look like the SHOP does.

Or it could be in the Skills/Emotes/Mounts windows, press B to access it and make a new tab for Vanity with enough pages for each vanity gear sorted after Event/Sets etc. And just click on the icon/gear you wish to wear. Easy access anywhere.

When you first obtain a vanity piece it could be a scroll like mounts, pets and skills are. So that you have to "learn" it or rather "Save" it to your vanity tab. Should only take 1 space.
Im guessing thats a whole lot of work for my sugesstions, but just some ideas.

This here or at least alow vanite stack vs 1 bound - 1 being unbound Alow them to stackwould help with space issue. Body take;'s 6 slot's x4 most of my baf 4 body's - alowed vanite to stack - 2 stack's unbound - bound - account bound 3 rd option

3 stack typ's Accoutn bound - bound - Bind on Equipted. - Vanite item's as well help with auction house if one come where some one could buy 4 body's only take up normal 6 slot's vs 28 or so slot's - still limited on space  help with having more then one boy. Like Orange witch drop from halloween - alot of those vanite to bad thay don't stack how have hew set's but 3 set's Completed ware drobe.

Any way could stack like nicly holded or handing in waredrobe vs being flate so should be function mean's to stack.

Update with set boxing: complete set of vanite now be boxed. Taking 4 slot's for completed out fit of 5. Some thing along those line.s

Random idea but maybe unbound vanity could stack, though that wouldn't really fix the problem. Iknow the coders want a more robust system around vanity so that it can completely avoid the storage space issue. Definitely one for us to tackle soon.

L3fty

Help with added Bind on equipted - accoutn bond or at least box set's so only take up 4 slot's vs full bag.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 10 November 2014 - 23:41.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#12 Samurai

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:07

I like the idea of stackable vanities (though most people would only have one of each vanity after they sell their extras)

I also like the idea of vanities being reduced to one "square" each. I know it may be harder to look at, but maybe when you hover over one of those single squares, you can see an enlarged picture of the vanity. THough it's nice to see the vanity all big, you don't need to see it there 24/7, and i'd much rather enjoy the space :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: