#1 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:39

hi all was chatting in global today when Tharsonius threw out an idea which i thought sounded great

a titan might heal over time, so that actually another guild might get over 50% if the titan remains too long.

this would stop them from sitting there for 3 months ,and make the guilds fighting for it actually kill it outright

was after your thoughts ?

5aZzW0p.png,

#2 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:55

Nah then I wouldnt be able to deny guilds of tkp

uwClls8.png

#3 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 August 2017 - 14:30

This happened to elder terror titan I secured 5 months ago, I believe it needs to be looked at but this idea with regain health can eventually be abused.

However you need health regain formula whats the amount its going to heal

i.e. After 7 days of inactivity titans gain tkp hourly based on levels

levels 50 - 1000 gain 1 tkp per hour

levels 1001-2000 gain 2 tkp per hour

levels 3000 and up gain 3 tkp per hour 

(3 tkp hour is max)

This could work, with a max amount of tkp they can gain being there starting total tkp

Also Tkp shop

Buy tkp with stamina after 7 days of inactivity

1 tkp cost 4 stamina and gold

gold amount equals ( titan level x tkp bought )

edit : (have to be titans level or higher to buy its tkp.)

so example buying 1500 tkp will cost 

6000 stamina + ( lvl 60 titan x 1500tkp) 90,000 gold

6000 stamina + (lvl 400 tian x 1500tkp) 600,000 gold

6000 stamina + ( lvl 2600 titan x 1500tkp) 3,900,000 gold

Same cool down effect for titans f enough tkp is bought 

No ranked bonus tkp for buying this way.

so if you bought tkp and ranked 2nd place you don't get 50% more tkp

Also you can just do what happened with the inferno hammer with all epics and make them worth hunting again.

Also include them in other inventing recipes.

Also someone suggested break them down for frags.

Figure something out and have fun.

Edited by uncola, 04 August 2017 - 14:37.

#4 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 16:36

Titan hp decay rather than gain. You went the wrong way with this one :).

#5 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 16:52

I can see that

#6 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 16:54

i.e. After 7 days of inactivity titans Decay in HP over time

levels 50 - 1000 lose 1 tkp per hour

levels 1001-2000 lose 2 tkp per hour

levels 3000 and up lose 3 tkp per hour 

how about this

#7 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 17:08

Seems too slow. Most titans sit at 49.9% hp for months sometimes. Assuming its 3000 hp it would take 1000 hours. Ie about 3+ weeks to totally die. I dont think a titan should be alive more than a week. When TH was healthy and active we were lucky to see some for a day.

#8 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 19:59

All really good ideas. I was watching that chat this morning too.

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 20:18

Half the reason why is TD/TP made titan epics so quick and easy to obtain. Therefore most of them were hunted to oblivion. Resulting in epics that are worth less than sometimes unique sets. Like suggested we need some low success rate recipes for upgrades and or creating new epics to get some of them out of the game. Oldschool bothild style :)

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 August 2017 - 20:19.

#10 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 04 August 2017 - 21:15

how would this stop guilds still only doing 51% then just wait for it to die ?

5aZzW0p.png,

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 21:47

how would this stop guilds still only doing 51% then just wait for it to die ?

Because that's how TH fundamentally works. if you gain TKP for going past 50% then maybe. But in return what that does it just eat up all the slower tkp hunters TKP. So that's why decay will be alot better.

Decay is a win win... Slower tkp hunters still have 6 days to farm up tkp opposed to  allowing guilds to gain tkp over a secure. Also it will increase the amount of titans spawning and increase guilds having a chance at a secure.

A titan shouldn't start decay until it's hp is under 50% OR has sit untouched for 7 days.

I believe your suggestion has merit for sure it's just going in the wrong direction. What's stopping me from just killing him like 10 times a day so i keep my 51%. Or just kill him to 58% and wait. With decay it is what it is and there's no way around it.

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 August 2017 - 21:53.

#12 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 04 August 2017 - 22:02

so what you want is to kill 51% then wait for it to deacy and you win ?

how about we raise it from 51 % to 85% to secure it

Edited by activeh1, 04 August 2017 - 22:19.

5aZzW0p.png,

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 23:34

so what you want is to kill 51% then wait for it to deacy and you win ?

how about we raise it from 51 % to 85% to secure it

Judging from your medal i assume you haven't partook in the activity much. 51% is very challenging against the right competition. The issue remains how to bring that competition back. Messing with secure for sure will kill TH in general no questions asked. It's hard enough to justify doing 51% for a measly 10 fsps for some items.

What makes seasonals so competitive is because the limited time frame. I do believe the spawn rate in seasonals is too high but that's besides the point. How can we replicate this for regular titans. I have a suggestion to this aswell.

Step 1: Roll out bothild style epic recipes which require some of the older titan items.

Step 2: Start rolling titans out in groups... In other words for each month or 2 at a time only certain titans can spawn. Titans from group a. Next month or 2 group b next month or 2 group c.

Step 3: Tone down the spawning a tad bit

Step 4: Obviously the most controversial one and is optional but i think it would aid overall. Discontinue cool down as it's negatively effecting TH. There are a limited number of TH to begin with making them wait a week before they can hunt again doesn't make sense to me. Because they are on CD titans just sit there unkilled and uncontested. I can see a need for cooldown with 1000+ hunters but let's be real the number is in the double digits if that now.

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 August 2017 - 23:44.

#14 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 04 August 2017 - 23:42

Judging from your medal i assume you haven't partook in the activity much. 51% is very challenging against the right competition. The issue remains how to bring that competition back. Messing with secure for sure will kill TH in general no questions asked. It's hard enough to justify doing 51% for a measly 10 fsps for some items.

then let another guild do it and save your stam for the ones that do pay more,

i havent hit titans because it is at 51% ,you big guilds come in with 5 or 6 titan hunters get the 51% then move on to next one ,then you come back and start complaining cause it takes so long to clear ,All im saying is make it work some how that it is in the advantage of the guild to kill it out right

5aZzW0p.png,

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 23:47

then let another guild do it and save your stam for the ones that do pay more,

i havent hit titans because it is at 51% ,you big guilds come in with 5 or 6 titan hunters get the 51% then move on to next one ,then you come back and start complaining cause it takes so long to clear ,All im saying is make it work some how that it is in the advantage of the guild to kill it out right

With titans you have to hit fast or you miss out. It's all about timing and organization and most importantly should be about teamwork. TH isn't a solo activity BG said himself it's about teamwork. It only makes sense 1 person should lose again 5 or 6. As stated above i think those steps will lead to reviving TH. It should result in titans dying faster... Epic prices rising and an overall happy TH community.

I think you mean well but i just don't think that's the right way of going about it. I'd rather see no change at all than that. I can point out so many flaws to it.

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 August 2017 - 23:49.

#16 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:33

hit fast or miss out ,miss out on  what you get get to 51% asap then sit and wait

cant see anyone missing out there except the cows

god forbid we try to change something that uses a bit more stam and effort

how about if its not at 100% in a week nobody gets nothing and all points are deleted

5aZzW0p.png,

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:03

Step 1: Roll out bothild style epic recipes which require some of the older titan items.

Step 2: Start rolling titans out in groups... In other words for each month or 2 at a time only certain titans can spawn. Titans from group a. Next month or 2 group b next month or 2 group c.

Step 4: Obviously the most controversial one and is optional but i think it would aid overall. Discontinue cool down as it's negatively effecting TH. There are a limited number of TH to begin with making them wait a week before they can hunt again doesn't make sense to me. Because they are on CD titans just sit there unkilled and uncontested. I can see a need for cooldown with 1000+ hunters but let's be real the number is in the double digits if that now.

#18 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:41

Titans cause me pain...  I hate them... that is all.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:32

Titans cause me pain...  I hate them... that is all.

That's what is so great you don't have to participate :P it's OPT IN LMAO

#20 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:59

this thread not about cool down and dont try and make it so it gets locked ,come to terms with the cooldown is here to stay ,all they need to do is if its not at 100% after a week titan despawns ,all points are lost and no one gets nothing

cant believe still on about cooldown lmao

Edited by activeh1, 05 August 2017 - 04:00.

5aZzW0p.png,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: