#1 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 September 2015 - 18:26

BG,

Just curious if this is on the schedule. Would love to know when the next wave of composing potions will be.

Thanks,

Bildor

#2 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2015 - 18:53

NOO stop I haven't even gotten to level 60 yet for Cliff's sake :P

#3 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 19:06

lol, I'm at level 1, but there are quite a few level 60's in the game.

#4 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 21:54

Bring on Level 70 composing !!

There are many lvl 60 composers in the game now who are ready to continue on in composing.

I personally hit lvl 60 composing 5 months ago and im ready to start sinking my gold back into composing again !

Also i would love to be able to compose a lvl 500 Animal Mag.  Composers need a LOT of drops and I believe that a lvl 500 Animal Mag will greatly help all composers.

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 September 2015 - 22:07

Bring on Level 70 composing !!

There are many lvl 60 composers in the game now who are ready to continue on in composing.

I personally hit lvl 60 composing 5 months ago and im ready to start sinking my gold back into composing again !

Also i would love to be able to compose a lvl 500 Animal Mag.  Composers need a LOT of drops and I believe that a lvl 500 Animal Mag will greatly help all composers.

So, you want composing potions to equal epic potions ?

Then what ?

Folk will want those epic potions upgrading and the cycle of "give me more, give me more" starts all over again (not that it ever goes away)

Composing potions are high enough level as they are.

Introduce some NEW ones, perhaps, but don't increase the level of the existing ones.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 22:18

Then what ?

Folk will want those epic potions upgrading and the cycle of "give me more, give me more" starts all over again (not that it ever goes away)

Introduce some NEW ones, perhaps, but don't increase the level of the existing ones.

Animal Mag at that lvl was given in the pvp potions.   So they have already been offered in the game as non epic pots. 

Is Composing lvl 60 plus less work than pvp seasons?.......  Im sure most high lvl composers will tell you no.

My request was what I would like to be able to make in composing.   It was just a suggestion for something that WILL help all composers.

But I agree with your that some NEW buffs would be great !

Edited by Melissa3, 17 September 2015 - 22:20.

#7 Olef

Olef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 00:44

Then what ?

+1

there are quite a few level 60's in the game.

There are many lvl 60 composers in the game now

Edited by Olef, 18 September 2015 - 01:15.

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:01

When I said perhaps some new potions, I meant slotting them into the existing 60 levels of composing.

There's NO need to go above Level 60 as potions made at that level are not exactly short of "stopping power" and thus there's no need to increment them further.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:29

When I said perhaps some new potions, I meant slotting them into the existing 60 levels of composing.

There's NO need to go above Level 60 as potions made at that level are not exactly short of "stopping power" and thus there's no need to increment them further.

No they should increase it...just upgrade a few of the existing and add new buffs :).

#10 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:48

Perhaps I misstated something. All I'm wondering is when they are going to implement the next phase in whatever was originally planned for composing.  I'm not suggesting anything new.

#11 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:49

Perhaps I misstated something. All I'm wondering is when they are going to implement the next phase in whatever was originally planned for composing.  I'm not suggesting anything new.

How about never?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:41

What was originally planned for composing was a level cap of 50 :)

#13 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:30

The next phase should only include new buffs, not highler levels of the current ones.

#14 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:38

What was originally planned for composing was a level cap of 50 :)

The pressure of more. bigger, badder, stronger took hold. The additional 10 levels came way too fast because, and I'm guessing here, it probably didn't take new coding.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#15 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:45

This is fairly new already, I'd rather focus on other aspects of the game. Inventable potions would be higher on my list personally. No über pots, just useable ones.

#16 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:45

I'm in agreement with Par, Luis and Ring on this in the following ways:  

1) I don't think we need to get any more powerful buffs - I think the max cap for composing is probably where it should be. We don't need to be able to invent more epic-leveled buffed potions. Leave those for globals and donation pots. Personally, I would say that composing pots should be reduced in level, but allow us to increase duration a bit more. However, I know that won't happen, so leaving them where they are for now is great.

2) I don't mind seeing new buffs brought out, but they shouldn't be at game-breaking levels. If anything, make it a little better than buffs that you can cast or around about the same as potions that are inventable. If you want to increase the cap, that's fine.

@Bildor - maybe I missed something, but I had though originally that composing would only be to 50, and that they may add more levels, which they did to 60. I hadn't seen anything that said they would raise it again, but could definitely be wrong. 

#17 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2015 - 14:07

Oh please no, just, no.

Stop asking for more and more powerful things people!!!

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#18 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 14:25

I think, as a gold sink, it isn't a bad idea to let the composers work above level 60. But I also agree we don't need to see any more powerful composing pots. I like the idea of adding in new, lower level buffs that composers can work to raise as their level goes up, without making any of the already available composing buffs any stronger then they are.

#19 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 14:34

Oh please no, just, no.

Stop asking for more and more powerful things people!!!

And please Hoof, BigGrim, Mojawk and Zorg stop giving it to them!

For so long level 175 personal skills were always going to be the max and they were. You stood your ground against many who wanted the cap dropped, especially after we hit it. I don't remember the point of capitulation, but the potions have seriously deluded any challenge to playing the game. At least with personal skills they were done with a slight increase, a small crack in the dam unlike with potions were they have flooded the game irreversibly. It's a big problem!

[Signature removed]

#20 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 14:36

I think, as a gold sink, it isn't a bad idea to let the composers work above level 60. But I also agree we don't need to see any more powerful composing pots. I like the idea of adding in new, lower level buffs that composers can work to raise as their level goes up, without making any of the already available composing buffs any stronger then they are.

Somehow I have not seen the fsp price rising that much (if at all) since composing was introduced. So not sure how great a gold sink it really is.

Remember it was the choice of those players to go through those 60 levels so fast, and now that they are there it's suddenly a problem they cannot advance? I think they are benefitting enough from their top positions right now, and I see no need to secure those positions even more. Cause for many that will the main reason, they want to stay on top. If the levels are not raised more, others will gain on them.

So now that the hurting part has been said, I rather see other ways of new (usable, not über) potions flowing into the game rather than to expand composing.

Edited by Morgwyn, 18 September 2015 - 14:38.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: