Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 14:07

This update will see the Arena reworked. Each arena will now grant arena token rewards that can be exchanged for gold, items and moves in the arena shop. Arena games will be coming back in a few hours once we've finished setting up the shop and new game types.

I've also implemented a small change to the combat system which should mean that attacks that are part of the PVP Ladder will not be Bountyable anymore.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

• j3k likes this

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 14:19

Nice to see we are being listened to!

#3 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 25 June 2014 - 14:20

Great update :) thanks Zorg

#4 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 14:24

Is the token reward for runner up like what suggested in Arena tokens thread? or you changed it in your own way?

#5 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 14:25

Is the token reward for runner up like what suggested in Arena tokens thread? or you changed it in your own way?

Yes that's something I'd like some clarification on.

Can we get the specifics please?

#6 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 14:32

Btw if you want to add combat moves to the shop no need to have combat moves tourneys anymore

Because combat moves tourney's will stack there forever when arena players get their limited number of combat moves

Just keep them in Novice tab though

Edited by shindrak, 25 June 2014 - 14:38.

#7 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 14:43

Btw if you want to add combat moves to the shop no need to have combat moves tourneys anymore

Because combat moves tourney's will stack there forever when arena players get their limited number of combat moves

yes..but i am hoping for more moves, that we all dont have....the update will be great- unless this is all the update has..i will try to stay positive, but unless the starting entry fees are adjusted to the value of the prize (example- chornos gear starts at 200k+, but has a value of about 10k- therefore we wait days for decay to put entry fee at it correct amount), or the prizes have been made valuable again (new invents)..then arena tokens will not help arena for very long..and not speed up arena as it sorely needs..and i also hope and pray they make the matchups random, so sick of seeing the cheating that goes on with the way matchups are now, end the cheating in arena

#8 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 25 June 2014 - 14:44

maybe i'l join the arena again ....  :rolleyes:  :unsure:

#9 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 14:46

double post

Edited by shindrak, 25 June 2014 - 14:48.

#10 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 14:47

Thanks for the update Zorg. Looking at it as a whole, I don't see this grabbing my attention anymore than it did before. The system is still going to be flawed, except for the fact that the people who win the most will just open up "Arena Shops" - selling the tokens for FSP by trading the goods. 

#11 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 14:48

I see EW1000 pot for 20 token ? but we can get from potion bazaar sometimes for 20k gold... why everything for 20 token? some items worthless and some items worth much more... you are killing market place this way.

Edited by shindrak, 25 June 2014 - 14:49.

#12 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 14:51

I see EW1000 pot for 20 token ? but we can get from potion bazaar sometimes for 20k gold... why everything for 20 token? some items worthless and some items worth much more... you are killing market place this way.

My guess is that they put everything at 20 originally, and will adjust based on rarity and other things. I thought the same thing you did once I saw a potion of truth go up for 20 tokens - aka 160k gold if you traded them in - when you can get it out of the potion bazaar most times for about 25-30k 

#13 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 14:58

it is very odd, might be an idea for someone KNOWLEDGABLE who plays often atm to give a bit of input into what tokens each thing should be worth, depending on how tokens are earned most resources should be worth AT least 15/20 times the tokens of EW1000, FI1000 :)

#14 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 15:02

it is very odd, might be an idea for someone KNOWLEDGABLE who plays often atm to give a bit of input into what tokens each thing should be worth, depending on how tokens are earned most resources should be worth AT least 15/20 times the tokens of EW1000, FI1000 :)

In example BM300 while it worth like 40 fsp in AH i don't think 20 token is right price

Whatever screw that 8k gold worth of 1 token ,it depends on how are they going to make the token reward system.

Edited by shindrak, 25 June 2014 - 15:06.

#15 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 15:14

In example BM300 while it worth like 40 fsp in AH i don't think 20 token is right price

Whatever screw that 8k gold worth of 1 token ,it depends on how are they going to make the token reward system.

This...

The initial prices are way off.  And the pricing system needs to be dynamic, otherwise only the 'good' items will ever be bought. Something like, the price for each item goes up 1 token every time it's bought, and, everything comes down 10%, every day.

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 15:26

Penny like!  :D 

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#17 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 15:49

wow...the arena token shop is a complete failure at this point...everything at 20 tokens ??  you gotta be kidding..you would kill arena and ah at the same time...extremly disappointed in what i see so far...does zorg know what prizes are worth..looks like not at all...does anyone from the cows really care about arena ?   this update scares me..those token prices are so far off it is not even funny...way off...after 2 years of waiting...this is what we get ????  ...twinkle toes pot, fire stones, well read pot, brewers pots..conserve pots..are worth a lot more than any of those other prizes...yet all the same in the arena tokens market..EPIC FAILURE...how can this be so bad of an update...not going to help arena...and certainly not going to help ah...please cows consider what you are doing..think !!

#18 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 25 June 2014 - 15:50

I smell a lot of Adjustment here, let's just wait how this tokens are allocated after a combat had been consumated. One thing is certain,with the right distribution of tokens, right pricing on those items, right entry fee and a lot of trial and error for sure we'll have a worthy

Arena Combat in the future and will perk up the interest of those who are not inclined  playing in the Arena.  Just hoping for the BEST :)

#19 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 15:53

Not a failure at this point...depends on the rest of the update.

How many tokens per win
Cost of entry
Do runners up get tokens as well
Is the shop similar to the bazaar

Edited by Leos3000, 25 June 2014 - 15:53.

#20 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:05

Just a thought about all the stuff costing the same thing...

In my eyes it actually promotes more activity in the arena as it now encourages someone to play and obtain exactly what they desire.

It kills the profitability in the arena but you can still sell the items. Just not as big of a thrill or meaning to winning in this scenario.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: