Photo

Composing and potential Upgrades

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Composing and potential Upgrades (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Should there be an upgrade for having the ability to compose more than one potion at a time?

1. Yes - to a maximum of 3 at one time (8 votes [11.94%])

Percentage of vote: 11.94%

2. Yes - to a maximum of 5 at one time (13 votes [19.40%])

Percentage of vote: 19.40%

3. Yes - But these should be obtained through leveling up your composing ability (35 votes [52.24%])

Percentage of vote: 52.24%

4. No - One at a time is fine (11 votes [16.42%])

Percentage of vote: 16.42%

How should the upgrades by procured?

1. Via FSP (11 votes [16.42%])

Percentage of vote: 16.42%

2. Via Gold (13 votes [19.40%])

Percentage of vote: 19.40%

3. N/A - I voted for either choice 3 or 4 on question 1 (43 votes [64.18%])

Percentage of vote: 64.18%

Vote

#1 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2013 - 20:39

After some debate and having had some conversations both privately and publicly with members of Fallensword I have put together this forum topic to consider the possibility of having upgrades to the composing feature that has recently been brought into the game.

It was suggested to me by an anonymous source that I should put up a forum topic, with poll, to discuss what the general community thinks of this idea.

I would appreciate some comments and feedback as would the anonymous source ;)

I have kept the poll private to respect people's right to vote as they choose and so they are not influenced by how other specific people have voted.

Let's hear your thoughts people?

#2 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 20:56

I don't see why having the ability to create more than one potion at a time would be a bad thing. I do think they should be a part of leveling up the composing skill however.  The number of potions and the levels would be a matter for discussion though. Maybe add one potion for every ten levels? 

#3 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 21:05

hmmmmm,,

I think you should be able to upgrade 2 more slots both with gold or FSP, I think you should also get a FREE slot at level 15 and 30 for a total of 5 once you have hit level 30. I think they should work like the first slot except,,,,

They should not work at once or if so them add a time penalty to each additional above the first. I feel they should simply be a option so you can Queue them and once #1 is finished #2 is automatically started. They still give the full exp and frago and gold costs are the same its just a way to set up a bunch of pots,,, especially for when its time to sleep,, that will finish in order and be ready as they are done or en masse hours later.

I think this is the best compromise for this,,, you cannot buy your way to the top of composing but you can buy ways to make it work more efficiently also with the 2 free ones suggested above it gives a bar to shoot for,,, the possability of a composing medal was put out there,,, maybe give the free ones at bronze, silver, gold, etc but make the gold and above a much much higher up the composing ladder :)

#4 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2013 - 21:05

I should probably state that the above poll would have gotten rather long winded had I offered up every possibility, Please feel free to make suggestions on other viable options.

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 21:08

I'm not 100% sure about making multiple potions concurrently - but queueing should be introduced. Maybe bring in queueing at Level 5 (or level 10 or level whatever) and then bring in concurrent making at a much higher level ..

As far as composing is concerned, personally, I'd rather see things like :-

1. Buff start levels raising from 100 to 150 so that folk can start actually using their potions earlier rather than binning them 

2. The potion creation time as you level up decreases (as I understand it) - I think levelling should follow suit with hunting - xp increases and gap between level increases. We have the latter part, but not the first part. Yes, the time decrease is semi-equivalent, but more xp / invent is a more tangible and visible increment.

3. Each time you level, you have a choice of, say, 3 buffs that are unlocked. You can only select 1 but YOU have the choice, not the game. So you can tailor composing to suit your game style. Buffs that you don't chose from the 3 would reappear later on as you level further so you don't preclude any, just delay them.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 September 2013 - 21:23

Great idea Davros!

I voted yes. The capacity of composing should indeed be increased by leveling, to combat multis from benefitting.

Keep up the good work!

#7 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 21:32

I agree that something needs to change, producing sub standard pots for MONTHS/YEARS is just tedious and not exciting at all which composing was supposed to be. leos3000's original concept for composing didn't include the tedious nature of this process.

Varying options

1) Compose Multiple pots - preferred option

2) Stack a queue of pots to be composed

3) Significantly lower the XP required per level of composing

4) Increase the skill level per composing level achieved

#8 BornWicked

BornWicked

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 22:29

Wonderful topic Davros, If this is to be put in place, as well as possible a Fragment conversion(i.e 1 rare:10 common), I may take composing more seriously

4506334.png

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 23:11

Wonderful topic Davros, If this is to be put in place, as well as possible a Fragment conversion(i.e 1 rare:10 common), I may take composing more seriously

Conversion has been mentioned many times and ruled out. 

If it were in, then there's nothing to stop folk just farming rats and getting all the fragments .... 

Too easily exploitable.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#10 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:20

Would be nice to hear from lowbies, oh wait, here I am....leave composing alone for the most part... having to work for this is NOT such a bad thing.  Think of composing as a sort of ascension.  Use your larger access to gold as your advantage to level up faster. 

I do like BornWicked's conversion idea and Pardoux's queue idea to be sure.  But adding another lane, too much, too fast.  I assume the reason FS is still around is the prolonged nature of stamina gain?

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#11 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:21

Conversion has been mentioned many times and ruled out. 

If it were in, then there's nothing to stop folk just farming rats and getting all the fragments .... 

Too easily exploitable.

Perhaps only a downward conversion, ie. unique to rare, rare to common.

DP

#12 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:29

i'd rather not see any way to speed up the process.. composing has proved to be an EXCELLENT gold sink just because that's the only way to speed it along..

plus why change it now? especially since players have been moving up rather quickly.. with instant brews, theres no reason to complain besides from being impatient..

PLUS! let's not forget, it just adds to another reason to log on... why kill that?

...patience young padawans..

#13 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:39

i'd rather not see any way to speed up the process.. composing has proved to be an EXCELLENT gold sink just because that's the only way to speed it along..

plus why change it now? especially since players have been moving up rather quickly.. with instant brews, theres no reason to complain besides from being impatient..

PLUS! let's not forget, it just adds to another reason to log on... why kill that?

...patience young padawans..

You are wise in the way of the tortoise, young jedi.

#14 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:47

gonna have to be a tortoise to live long enough to reach level 50 Composing...*rimshot*

#15 dobroeutro

dobroeutro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:49

I'm not 100% sure about making multiple potions concurrently - but queueing should be introduced. Maybe bring in queueing at Level 5 (or level 10 or level whatever) and then bring in concurrent making at a much higher level ..

As far as composing is concerned, personally, I'd rather see things like :-

1. Buff start levels raising from 100 to 150 so that folk can start actually using their potions earlier rather than binning them 

2. The potion creation time as you level up decreases (as I understand it) - I think levelling should follow suit with hunting - xp increases and gap between level increases. We have the latter part, but not the first part. Yes, the time decrease is semi-equivalent, but more xp / invent is a more tangible and visible increment.

3. Each time you level, you have a choice of, say, 3 buffs that are unlocked. You can only select 1 but YOU have the choice, not the game. So you can tailor composing to suit your game style. Buffs that you don't chose from the 3 would reappear later on as you level further so you don't preclude any, just delay them.

This, I'm in... :D

#16 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:53

Perhaps only a downward conversion, ie. unique to rare, rare to common.

DP

That could work :) - Dunno what Hoof may think of that tho ...

#17 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:02

I would also like the idea of being able to downwardly convert items, I have a rather high number of the upper valued fragments and find it harder to get the rare fragments, perhaps a breakdown as follows:

1 LE fragment = either:

5 Common

3 Rare

2 Unique

something like that, however I am in no way trying to stop the current frenzy for people willing to farm fragments for others.

Only thing I will say is that this is not really what this topic is about please try to keep to the original idea.

thanks

#18 soniakhan

soniakhan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 16:02

There should be a way to speed up the process, otherwise that won't be interesting for majority of the people in game. even at level 4, the only noteworthy pot to some degree is LF 180... to get AL 175 you have to be at least level 6 which at current rate will take too long. 

SO either the XP required should be reduced (XP gained can be increased as well) or making multiple pots should be implemented (In that regard Queueing multiple pots or making multiple at once will be great).

#19 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2013 - 16:34

good idea bro

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#20 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 16:58

I like the slowness. We are always asking for more things faster, then when we get it. we ask "what now?" "What are you giving us next cows!?". It's not been that long since this was released. Let it play out. No harm will come if things are kept as is?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: