347 replies to this topic

#341 LuxFerre

LuxFerre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:44

If it doesn't matter finding out how the majority of the players feel to have a poll and a decision has been made, it would seem that the decision would have "the best interests of the game in mind".  However, we have to ask the effects of a change and what the outcome will be.  The idea behind a decision to remove XP loss and make it PVPXP loss is that XP is held as valuable.  Many non-PVPers don't like losing XP getting hit so they complain.  Some threaten HCS that they will quit unless XP loss is removed from PVP.  The COWS don't want to lose revenue with the game losing players, and the game some would say would deteriorate.

In this case, XP loss from PVP would be prevented.  Instead, PVPXP would be lost.  If PVPXP has little or no value compared to XP, then as some say in global chat, who cares if PVPXP is lost, all that is cared about is XP loss.  There must be some gain besides a medal or rank to have a perceived value of PVPXP.  Maybe special items can be introduced that require that both a player XP level and PVP level must be obtained or a certain XP level + PVP level must be obtained or are based on PVP level alone.  Make it that 1 hitting can only be possible with items that require a high level of both XP level and PVP level.  This would make gaining PVP level DESIRABLE and a sought after goal.  It would make PVPXP valuable.

*** However, what the game developers have to consider very carefully is:

By making PVPXP VALUABLE, once the same people complaining NOW about XP loss start to lose their valuable PVPXP ... there will be complaints on how evil PVP bullies are hitting them.  PVPXP will be held as valuable and many non-PVPers won't like losing PXPXP and the complaints start again.  Some will say they will quit unless things change and PVPXP is removed from PVP!  The COWS will not want to lose revenue with the game losing players, and some would say the game would deteriorate.  Full circle.

So, thinking ahead and how this will play out, I would ask the game developers to THINK this through. What some THINK will result from this change will not happen.

I just want to state this NOW so later on if ANYONE even THINKS about complaining about losing PVPXP from being hit, I would hope you will remember this post and humbly just deal with it and remember that getting first in this game with either XP level or PVP level won't pay your bills, won't make you live longer, won't bring your family closer together - so losing levels, either XP or PVP, is really not something to be all upset over :)  Just play the game for what it is, however the "what it is" is.

Edited by LuxFerre, 29 September 2014 - 03:09.

#342 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:49

PvP couldn't get worse

#343 cajnsmiles

cajnsmiles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:13

As for the BB being so silent. Most eventually learn that all you are doing by posting a bounty is making the friends of the person being bountied richer. I, for one no longer post bounties.I also no longer hit back, why bother?

#344 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:56

As for the BB being so silent. Most eventually learn that all you are doing by posting a bounty is making the friends of the person being bountied richer. I, for one no longer post bounties.I also no longer hit back, why bother?

What if you get your attacker's bones and blood? I mean every bounty hunter should bring some proofs of killing. So, you post a bounty and offer a reward, then you get "BLOOD & BONES", depending on how your attacker was killed. "BLOOD & BONES" will be exchanged for exclusive potions like AL1000 (30 min) or something, and let's forget that story about removal of XP loss. :lol:   

#345 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:12

Look,  PvP is my passion, Bounty hunting is my avocation.  The rewards don't even cover the stam cost, not to mention the cost of tickets, and buffs. It is a very expensive pursuit, and by no means profitable. I do it because I love the feeling I get from being able to spank someone several hundred levels above me, not for the profit... There is no profit ;)   Hope that clears things up.  

#end rant

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#346 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:19

Look,  PvP is my passion, Bounty hunting is my avocation.  The rewards don't even cover the stam cost, not to mention the cost of tickets, and buffs. It is a very expensive pursuit, and by no means profitable. I do it because I love the feeling I get from being able to spank someone several hundred levels above me, not for the profit... There is no profit ;)   Hope that clears things up.  

#end rant

Dear Penny, you're lvl 509, you have no idea how it's impossible to make profit bounty hunting at lvl 1000+...BB for sure needs a new formula, usually I pay 1 FSP worth of tickets, plus buffs and stamina, just to get a 50K reward...That's not right =P

#347 Algoa

Algoa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:06

Algoa, I love you.... You're my guildie, and a lot more besides.... HCS is not going to let the general public decide this issue.  XP loss is a thing of the past, and will leave the game soon.  The only thing we can do is move forward and play the game by the new rules.  Demanding a poll at this point would only serve to incite a riot

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on that sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

~Dylan Thomas

A poem for my dear friend Penny ;)

45d5ca98.jpg

#348 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:37

"I shall become an unapologetic thief" as will many, many more. Why, because they really won't care about the PvPXP, nor truly the rewards. 

And yet this self same player also offered an idea on limiting the amount of gold based on PvPXP in the appropriate thread. An idea most seem to have gotten behind.

I do not remember voting for no xp loss, why is it already accepted without voting?

Because there is no vote. This is a change for the good of the game as a whole. We will be looking at this very carefully.

They don't have any decent idea of how to change it without making it worse. 

Actually, we do. And we are actively discussing it.

Check here.

Be aware, this is for discussing changes. Not spewing vitrole and any posts of that kind will be deleted.

This thread has run it's course.

*Locked*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: