#21 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:05

Bugger it, change it back to the way it originally was. I don't know what that was like but meh.

Cheers.

wil72

The original ladder was pretty simple... all PvP attacks, on and off the board, exchanged PvP points, the victor gaining, the loser losing, obviously.  The amount of stam used had no bearing on the points exchanged, so a 10 stam hit got the same as a 100 stam.  It was more difficult to get a dominance medal then, but there weren't a lot of stagnant bands to worry about either.  It was a lot more challenging, and a lot more fun.   Personally, I think this system worked just fine, and I think it was a dumb move to change it. It would thrill me to no end to see it return to being this way, with or without rewards...

~ Just my 2 Pennys

Edited by BadPenny, 09 September 2014 - 01:07.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#22 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:06

Much are talked about Ladder latelly, maybe if we just put all the ideas on the same topic and talk about it, HCS can read and choose the better option to the problem.

Opt 1:
- No bounties.
- Without attacks on guildmates.
- No limit of players from the same guild.
- No Attack = No Tokens and no Dominance Medal ticks.

Opt 2:
- No bounties.
- Max of 2~3 players from the same guild on each reset (random choose from server).

Opt 3:
- No bounties.
- With attack on guildmates.

Opt 4:
- Bounties allowed.

Opt 5:
- Bounties allowed.
- With attacks on guildmates.

Opt 6:
- Open Ladder, without the 'Opt-In' system.
- Bounties allowed.

Just quote the idea you like the most, or propose another one and I'll try to add to this post with your name on it, we need to find a sollution to the problem.

Opt 7:
- No bounties.
- Max of 2~3 players from the same guild on each reset (random choose from server).

I dd not see this combo in an option

#23 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:17

Opt 7:
- No bounties.

I dd not see this combo in an option

I`ll add to the first post, missed it.

-

And I know a lot are arguing against to 'no opt-in' system, but lets talk about more opitions, or about the others I proposed, that one was just my choice (and for now, yodamus and Penny too), but this thread is to find a solution, not to defend the Opt-6.

#24 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:56

Opt 3:
- No bounties.
- With attack on guildmates.

Plus, you have to attack ALL players, at least once, to receive prizes and progress towards medal.

Also, all Ladder Attacks should be 100 stam.

#25 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:00

Yeah, FOR ME all player should always be part of the Ladder, if you don't want to participate into PvP Ladder, buy PvP Protection and you'll be off the Ladder until your protection ends, just like much other games where you buy a 'shield' to prevent attacks on you, a LOT of games have that, maybe the PvP Protection prices can change, maybe also the needed hours for Dominance Medal, don't know...

I want to choose if I will play the Ladder or NOT. I won't pay to be out as I didn't ask to be in.  :angry:

Edited by Lellarell, 09 September 2014 - 06:01.

#26 suderlon

suderlon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:51

Opt 6:
- Open Ladder, without the 'Opt-In' system.
- Bounties allowed.

just take pvp to the old system, increasing pvp activity then you have to increase the range of participants / targets => open ladder !

any kind of restriction (player limitation for joining, ....) is a restriction towards pvp

#27 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2014 - 18:15

Option 7 :

- Bounties allowed.

- No attacks on guildmates allowed.

- Limit of 2-3 players per guild with brand new cooldown system to rotate guildmates opting in.

- No Attacks = no tokens and no dominance ticks.

Option 8 :

- Brand new Capture the Flag Ladder, whereby participants sit in small relic realms where the token rewards are collected.

- see option 7.

#28 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 19:47

Option 7 :

- Bounties allowed.

- No attacks on guildmates allowed.

- Limit of 2-3 players per guild with brand new cooldown system to rotate guildmates opting in.

- No Attacks = no tokens and no dominance ticks.

Option 8 :

- Brand new Capture the Flag Ladder, whereby participants sit in small relic realms where the token rewards are collected.

- see option 7.

Penny like :D

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#29 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 19:55

Why not keep the ladder with some of the discussed tweaks.. Add in the global PvP.. And the realm style PvP.. More PvP mini games can't be a bad thing.

#30 suderlon

suderlon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 19:58

just revert pvp back to the old system we had years ago where there was no opt-in option

everything was fine then until HCS started listening to the levelers and co and introduced the ladder, from this point on every pvp update was worse than the previous one and if this keeps up pvp will end up with no xp loss (like the arena) sad.png

every time this past years I saw a pvp update I wondered why HCS does not admit that they want to get rid of pvp

it makes no sense to me that HCS keeps saying that fallen sword is a pvp game but are doing exactly the opposite with their pvp updates

#31 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 20:06

Keep the actual Ladder with minor tweaks like said on this thread, and add the old Ladder back, with a new name, new kind of tokens, new medal, and with no difference between 10 and 100 stam, so none leveller can argue about losing too much XP

#32 Raku

Raku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 21:32

I can understand why you want everyone to be apart of the ladder. It would definitely make more targets available. 

Yet once again why should someone be forced to participate in a portion of the game they may not want to take part in?

Some players do not have the luxury to log in often enough to justify playing the ladder as it is.

Want to stop eight players from one guild hitting the only other person on the ladder, then force them to attack every player on the ladder before they can hit that one person again.

Oh but they will only 10 stam their guild mates... as others have said make there be no difference between 10-100 stam hits.

I'm sorry to those of you who think this is a pvp game it's not. Fallen Sword is an rpg and as such pvp is just one aspect of the game. 

Should everyone be forced to participate in pvp then should not everyone be forced to participate in every other aspect of this game?

#33 tasker

tasker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 21:45

Stop talking about changing PVP. IT won't happen, will never happen. They changed it once cause people wanted it to change, and when it changed people still don't like it. Nothing is PERFECT people!!

#34 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 22:48

Stop talking about changing PVP. IT won't happen, will never happen. They changed it once cause people wanted it to change, and when it changed people still don't like it. Nothing is PERFECT people!!

Really?

Having spoken with Hoofmaster, we're seriously reconsidering the PvP Ladder system. We're looking to review it, possibly removing it and replacing it with the original PvP system. We think that might help. I personally think the ladder watered PvP down.

Don't make "definite" comments mate they tend to come back and bite you.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 09 September 2014 - 22:50.

#35 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 23:06

I can understand why you want everyone to be apart of the ladder. It would definitely make more targets available. 

Yet once again why should someone be forced to participate in a portion of the game they may not want to take part in?

Some players do not have the luxury to log in often enough to justify playing the ladder as it is.

Want to stop eight players from one guild hitting the only other person on the ladder, then force them to attack every player on the ladder before they can hit that one person again.

Oh but they will only 10 stam their guild mates... as others have said make there be no difference between 10-100 stam hits.

I'm sorry to those of you who think this is a pvp game it's not. Fallen Sword is an rpg and as such pvp is just one aspect of the game. 

Should everyone be forced to participate in pvp then should not everyone be forced to participate in every other aspect of this game?

could not have said it better..pvp is just one aspect of the game..sick and tired of those calling it a pvp game..it is a rpg that has pvp in it..

#36 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 23:25

could not have said it better..pvp is just one aspect of the game..sick and tired of those calling it a pvp game..it is a rpg that has pvp in it..

Wouldn't that mean it is a PvP game? Has other aspects to it, yes. But still a PvP game, no?

And the HCS rhetoric is along the lines of......."This is a PvP game", so yes it is.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 09 September 2014 - 23:25.

#37 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:15

I dont think levelers need another gold sink just to stay off the ladder.

#38 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:40

Wouldn't that mean it is a PvP game? Has other aspects to it, yes. But still a PvP game, no?

And the HCS rhetoric is along the lines of......."This is a PvP game", so yes it is.

Cheers.

wil72

I could of sworn FS was an mmorpg...
Someone needs to fix Wikipedia:
Player(s) versus player(s), or PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants.[1] This is in contrast to games where players compete against computer controlled opponents, which is correspondingly referred to as player versus environment (PvE). The terms are most often used in games where both activities exist,[2] particularly MMORPGs, MUDs, and other role-playing video games.

#39 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:46

I dont think levelers need another gold sink just to stay off the ladder.

Don't be a target, and you needn't worry about much else than a 10 stam prestige hit, which takes less than 1 critter's XP from you... So... mmmm... what's the big deal?  I've never really understood that myself...

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#40 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:05

This thread is not about open Ladder against closed Ladder...It's about to think on a way to fix the Ladder before new rewards get implemented.

Open Ladder is just the option some players preffer, if don't like it, please, give us your suggestion, we are not on a war here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: