Photo

Useful information for players (especially newcomers)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#21 PoloDef

PoloDef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:10

Incredibly helpful thread! Thanks!

Happy to see you enjoy this topic/thread, it will definitely grow as the community enlarges. I am planning on finishing my guides soon for each skills then adding links here. Making it even more informational!

May you wander the lands with no fear -PoloDef

9586743_orig.png

1# Eldevin fan site made with the community for all players

#22 PoloDef

PoloDef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:48

Added guides

Check the original post I made to see them all

9586743_orig.png

#23 IndustrialJunkie

IndustrialJunkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2013 - 22:04

i see youve got  most crafting/gathering things in groups of 1-10, 11-20 etc, you should put them to 1-16, 16-32, 32-40 since most proffessions need lvl 16 to go to a higher tier (except foraging, alchemy, cooking, skinning, fishing, and farming i belive)

for instance mining its 1-16 copper, 16-32 bronze, 32+ iron

weaponsmith, armor smith and jewelry is the same 

also it might be worth mentioning that with certain items equiped things go faster

like with pickaxe equiped mining goes faster, axe equiped woodcutting goes faster, fishing rod equiped fishing goes faster, and i have heard with nothing equiped foraging goes faster

just saying  :)

Edited by IndustrialJunkie, 17 December 2013 - 22:12.

#24 IndustrialJunkie

IndustrialJunkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 December 2013 - 19:00

just noticed, with equiping stuff it goes faster but you gain less xp

#25 PoloDef

PoloDef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 December 2013 - 19:01

i see youve got  most crafting/gathering things in groups of 1-10, 11-20 etc, you should put them to 1-16, 16-32, 32-40 since most proffessions need lvl 16 to go to a higher tier (except foraging, alchemy, cooking, skinning, fishing, and farming i belive)

for instance mining its 1-16 copper, 16-32 bronze, 32+ iron

weaponsmith, armor smith and jewelry is the same 

also it might be worth mentioning that with certain items equiped things go faster

like with pickaxe equiped mining goes faster, axe equiped woodcutting goes faster, fishing rod equiped fishing goes faster, and i have heard with nothing equiped foraging goes faster

just saying  :)

Many have told me about this. I have changed it due to all the feedback about it. Hopefully its better now.

9586743_orig.png

#26 Galador

Galador

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 13:48

This was exactly what I was looking for, thank you for gathering all this info, plus E.Society is now a main bookmark of mine :)

#27 Justchilling

Justchilling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:17

hey thanks for the info

#28 Centurion Silus

Centurion Silus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 13:19

Thanks for the info.

#29 Psioniclion

Psioniclion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:43

:)Thank you! :)

#30 Koslov

Koslov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 23:35

Good information to use, I'm sure this will help me and my friend.

Edited by Koslov, 18 January 2014 - 23:35.

0_0_zpse03cd7bc.jpg

#31 SirWolverine

SirWolverine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 00:57

Thanks! very helpful!

Wolverine 狼

#32 isunee

isunee

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 16:32

Nice job and very useful ;D

characters name: isunee -> mage

Crystal Cutting 6 - Farming  5 - Fishing 6 -  Foraging  7Forestry 7 - Prospecting 8 - Skinning 4

Alchemy 4 - ArmorSmithing 5 - Cooking 8 - Jewelry 7 - LeatherWorking 3 - Tailoring 7 - WeaponSmithing 7

#33 Chryses

Chryses

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 23:51

I want to leave a note of thanks for some great resources to introduce the game to new players like me.

#34 Bidwell

Bidwell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 17:04

Actually i learned alot just by playing it, i did not used any guide or seen any video, or just asking someone

I learned by playing it, but thanks ! for this topic, if i need any help i will come here and check

~ Pre-Steam release user ~

"Long live Eldevin!- Long live the Prince!"

Health: 3700 / Mana: 1310

#35 Alucardrx

Alucardrx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:46

The crafting links are not working. Would like to have a guide to skinning/fishing and professions like alchemy and leathercraft. I don't even know where to buy a skinning knife and a pole.

#36 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:02

The crafting links are not working. Would like to have a guide to skinning/fishing and professions like alchemy and leathercraft. I don't even know where to buy a skinning knife and a pole.

not sure what kind of info you need.   Skinning knife you can buy in EC at the Hunter's Habit by the bank as well as npcs that are also connected to skinning so as you progress you find the crafting npcs ( not sure what to call them) around. 

also in Othalo market place there are some npcs that sell various skilling items so one of those probably have it as well.

as far as I know we can only use the basic skinning knife to skin unlike chopping trees where we can obtain other axes to use besides the basic one and mine with the Miner's pickaxe instead of the basic one.   I think all other tools are just basic ones.

fishing rods, sheers, water cans....

anyway all these type of things can always be purchased for copper at npcs that are usually connected to that craft/skill.  there are numerous ones around Eld, in Eld and on other maps in other towns and sometimes in some forest area not in a town such as the Forestry npc.

fishing poles, othalo market place, there is teh fishing shack near the farm outside EC where you probably passed at some point when you started the game.   also I think in the market place in EC there is an npc that sells it.  

Guides, I don't know about website guides, I think I peeked at wiki when i first started and probably does need a lot of infor added.  I just asked around and explored mostly to find things.  looked at the maps.

when skilling and you lvl it up, basically if you look at your recipe section, the pickaxe icon, click on it then recipies, you can get an idea of what lvl you need to be to get that mat like the lvl of fish.  

I supposed a guide would be good for those that want details like a list of all the mats, how much xp they need to reach the next level, what items can they get for each level like list of all fruit/plants, etc.....not sure they have this somewhere or not.

guess that's up to some of the long time players who maxed out their skills and have that info.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#37 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:20

Yeah it looks like the website no longer exists. :( 

Basically it's best to ask in chat now. There is also a map full of resource locations but it's a little bit outdated.

https://forums.hunte...node-locations/

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#38 Major Lag

Major Lag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 14:14

all of the links are broken................

#39 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 00:03

all of the links are broken................

The links are all broken because the website is no longer there. It cost PoloDef real money to have the website running and I don't remember there being a lot of people who helped with the guides. I also don't think that he's been playing for a while.

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#40 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 16:38

It's a shame that Eldevin Society is gone. :(

Eldevin Wiki is still up for you ;)

~ Be a friendly Founder. Help Newcomers. ~

Char 1: Kyrion - Ranger - lvl 49

Crystal- 49: Farming- 49 : Fishing- 49 : Foraging- 49 : Forestry- 49 : Prospect- 49 : Skinning- 49 

Alchemy- 49 : Armor- 49 : Cooking- 49 : Jewelry- 49 : Leather- 49 : Tailoring- 49 : Weapons- 49

Char 2: Elnestor - Templar - lvl 49   **** Char 3: Sarakh - Mage - lvl 49 **** Char 4: Razvan - Assassin - lvl 49

Char 5: LordRahl - Warrior - lvl 49  **** Char 6: Hezekiel - Prophet - lvl 49 **** Char 7: Durendal - Ranger - lvl 49

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: