Photo

Development Update January 2016

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
152 replies to this topic

#41 Dasan

Dasan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 17:29

so bad that this updates comes, when game is generally dead. So bad...

#42 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 18:31

That time it was no story mode and the game was more fun but now when it are story runs its abled to skip lv 30 35 40 armor and jump to lv 45 armor parts and get lv 48-49 armor (crafted)

Kid,

I adopted this tactic long before story-mode appeared. It is not an evil generated by story-mode dungeons. I found that you outgrew much of the dungeon equipment so quickly that it was better just to level through.

#43 Lalalalalalalala

Lalalalalalalala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 19:36

so bad that this updates comes, when game is generally dead. So bad...

"almost" dead

Edit: they don't feed this game with cows milk in a sufficient portion when it's actually in infancy and needs a big portion. It's now suffering malnutrition, and dying....

Edited by shoval, 20 January 2016 - 19:47.

#44 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 20:37

When exactly specifically is this update coming. Jan, Feb, March......... or open ended later....... re read the opening post and it is not exactly filled with details. 

#45 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 21:35

Spoiler

Spoiler

You hard core. You can play dungeons all your life, even with huge 5 FPS lag and 800 PING, but not me. Me retro gamer. smile.png

I are use to have about 1-5FPS when i tank and my higest PING are on OC i
can only tank on EU and US server but prefer to be on EU

Edited by kidref, 20 January 2016 - 21:37.

#46 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 21:45

btw 1 thing that I think is a little different how come that when you start RG/BT+ASV on lv
44 that you get lv 49 be4 lv 45 armor set and Fabled wepons?

#47 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:14

Is level 50 really the max level? Some reason thought there was meant to be a soft cap but again that was way back in beta... and can't seem to find any info for that.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#48 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:46

Is level 50 really the max level? Some reason thought there was meant to be a soft cap but again that was way back in beta... and can't seem to find any info for that.

We was supposed to test all the dungeons level 10-50 but somewhere along the way, level 41-50 in beta never happened and I don't know why.

As far as I know, 50 was the cap aka episode 1 of the game.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#49 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:29

make the level 50 dungeons tier wise

drateols lab has a story mode and dungeon mode

difficulty scales story 2/10

dung 7/10

next lvl 50 story 6/10 dung 9/10

next lvl 50 story 8/10 dung 10/10

with current gear it's basically run all the way into every boss pit kill everything and move on

for every dungeon

yes i agree the undergeared probably can't do that kind of stuff but 90% of the people can easily get their hands on good gear with the new crafted gear it just takes a little bit of effort to grind the materials for silver weaponry wich is pretty much as good as the fabled gear while the good old lvl 45 gear suffices for every dungeon still.

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#50 AngelWarrior

AngelWarrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 14:41

Jonesey, guild vault and new hairstyles respectfully and hopefully requested :D

Kindly continue to incorporate story mode.
Sometimes, people want/need to play solo and different preferences should be respected. Game shoud be accessible to the casual and hardcore gamers, solo and group players...and coordinated and uncoordinated. XD

You really don't want some of us mucking up the dungeons without a quite a bit of practice in storymode, first.  ;)

#51 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2016 - 19:55

Story mode isnt the best way to practice dungeons as it doesnt teach team play and in some cases mechanics are even different. The best way to practice dungeon mode is to do dungeon mode.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#52 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2016 - 20:03

Hello Ernzor; peeping the forums I see

I have to agree that the only way to practice is to do it. Look at ICC for example; it took a long time to figure out the mechanics to do it and once it was figured out, it was awarding. The next step is to get people willing to run and die a few times in the new dungeon and help others but listen as well...

The world is cruel...as will I....

#53 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2016 - 22:55

Hello Ernzor; peeping the forums I see

I have to agree that the only way to practice is to do it. Look at ICC for example; it took a long time to figure out the mechanics to do it and once it was figured out, it was awarding. The next step is to get people willing to run and die a few times in the new dungeon and help others but listen as well...

but ******* is pro has best gems and knows everything best and does it his way and won't listen to others he needs easy button. easy game = more gems = more op in ta.

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#54 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:18

I nerfed myself by getting busy at work... cant get gems for that

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#55 111111111111111111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:09

but ******* is pro has best gems and knows everything best and does it his way and won't listen to others he needs easy button. easy game = more gems = more op in ta.

Yea. Search for 4 hours/day work, not 12 hours/day without anymore time for games in your life. To much tired.  :D

Edited by Aliarth, 23 January 2016 - 10:20.

#56 AngelWarrior

AngelWarrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:43

Well, that sounds good in theory but I and many of the people I know have never done ICC successfully. The only time I've gone is when a friend wanted to try it and we found a new tank willing to give it a go. We went with 2 people who had done it before and they did the best they could to advise, not being a tank or expert, themselves. Eventually the death toll and repair costs were too much. This run was several months ago. People who know how to do it aren't willing to teach new people and deal with the mistakes and all the death. They prefer to speed run with their friends. Recently, a very good tank I know wanted to learn it and I made some inquiries but there wasn't anyone available/willing to advise.  He went with some friends and they tried hard for a while, but never could complete it. All the advice they had to go on was that you had to line up the puddles right and the warrior or warsin had to tank the adds. :/

I still have the quest to kill Treya. At least in story mode I could get that done. And in story mode you could run everyone thru their roles and placement, ask questions and get a bit prepared before going in blind. You could also go back after a wipe and go thru what went wrong and rehearse again.

Considering there is no storymode, anyone willing to train/help some new people let me know. I won't be holding my breath, though, lol.

Edit: Ooh, I had a couple of ideas:

Hey, maybe a viewing mode could be added and people can watch a dungeon in progress. That way they can learn by watching and listening to others successfully running a particular dungeon before attempting it themselves. Maybe they could even ask a question or two to be answered after the dungeon is over. 

Another idea is that Bene rewards could be based on difficulty of dungeon attempted and if the person or people being helped have ever completed that dungeon. The rewards would be highest for the most difficult dungeons and even higher if you bring someone who has never successfully completed it.

Edited by AngelWarrior, 23 January 2016 - 12:12.

#57 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2016 - 17:59

Well, that sounds good in theory but I and many of the people I know have never done ICC successfully. The only time I've gone is when a friend wanted to try it and we found a new tank willing to give it a go. We went with 2 people who had done it before and they did the best they could to advise, not being a tank or expert, themselves. Eventually the death toll and repair costs were too much. This run was several months ago. People who know how to do it aren't willing to teach new people and deal with the mistakes and all the death. They prefer to speed run with their friends. Recently, a very good tank I know wanted to learn it and I made some inquiries but there wasn't anyone available/willing to advise.  He went with some friends and they tried hard for a while, but never could complete it. All the advice they had to go on was that you had to line up the puddles right and the warrior or warsin had to tank the adds. :/

I still have the quest to kill Treya. At least in story mode I could get that done. And in story mode you could run everyone thru their roles and placement, ask questions and get a bit prepared before going in blind. You could also go back after a wipe and go thru what went wrong and rehearse again.

Considering there is no storymode, anyone willing to train/help some new people let me know. I won't be holding my breath, though, lol.

Edit: Ooh, I had a couple of ideas:

Hey, maybe a viewing mode could be added and people can watch a dungeon in progress. That way they can learn by watching and listening to others successfully running a particular dungeon before attempting it themselves. Maybe they could even ask a question or two to be answered after the dungeon is over. 

Another idea is that Bene rewards could be based on difficulty of dungeon attempted and if the person or people being helped have ever completed that dungeon. The rewards would be highest for the most difficult dungeons and even higher if you bring someone who has never successfully completed it.

I dont mind helping new people, but for ICC they need to have a decent build and rotation for me to do that. And story mode means people could get the new sets in hours, and then what are they supposed to do? My first 45 set took months to get, didnt get groups often and the runs took about one hour. 

#58 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2016 - 18:58

I still think the game needs some aspect that is aimed at solo play that is rewarding in some solo sense.

This doesnt need to be end game story mode dungeons though I wouldnt say no to these.

Just something for someone to do that doesnt require group play and feels rewarding...

That said I do look forward to seeing what the new update will have to offer whenever it makes an appearance.

#59 AngelWarrior

AngelWarrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:46

I dont mind helping new people, but for ICC they need to have a decent build and rotation for me to do that. And story mode means people could get the new sets in hours, and then what are they supposed to do? My first 45 set took months to get, didnt get groups often and the runs took about one hour. 

Actually, I am not talking about brand new people. I have been playing since May. It took me months, as well to get my level 45 set. Many of my friends have been playing for the same amount of time or longer. I've even had friends tell me they stopped playing because how long they had to wait to get dungeons. Even though this seems to have improved for me, personally, over the last few months, I still think there are many people having trouble getting runs.

I have my complete 49 set, decent gems and recently completed my fabled set. I still have never been invited to ICC. Perhaps, hardly anyone is running it since they can kill the bosses at Crannoch Castle for the abs and do ASV for infernal flakes. :/

#60 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 January 2016 - 22:59

I've learned a couple of tanks how to tank icc but it buggs me when i get some1 who wants to learn it but doesnt listen i'll start working on the healer guide for icc since i personally find icc easier than asv

And reminder the people who learned how to icc also had to learn it

@jquan cc is for the solo people we dont need more this is a multiplayer game there is a ton of solo play possibilities but essentially teamplay is key

Start crafting great solo gear

And at all those who want to learn seek me out mudkipz or cripler on eu

And please just people who actually want to learn and listen so far i know of 3 methods that work fairly good :P ofc depending on the team

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: